Candruth’s Characters :3

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Candruth’s Characters :3

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Thanks! Feel free to pop by any time you like. 😀

Don’t mind if I do.  😉

Candruth

I’ve been tossing around the idea of split perspective for a while now, although I’m not sure how effective it is. It feels like it needs more… something. What do you guys think?

Merman:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Looks pretty solid to me

I didn’t feel like sleeping anyway…

Looks like I need to call Guardian Angel to save this forum from having that thing escape it…

Skoul
    Participant

Now that’s creepy. I think the pillars need some texture though, they look a little bland.

Candruth

Looks pretty solid to me

Thanks!

Looks like I need to call Guardian Angel to save this forum from having that thing escape it…

I knew it was a good choice putting him first. 😛

I think the pillars need some texture though, they look a little bland.

The idea is that they are a continuation of the white from the browser page, like in split perspective gifs. It might help if they were a little thinner, I think.

Nug
    Participant

“The idea is that they are a continuation of the white from the browser page, like in split perspective gifs. It might help if they were a little thinner, I think.”

Hmm… Perhaps if you had more image to the side of each “pillar”. Something else going on in the backgrounds to make it look like three images as in the reference picture.

As far as character design though… *shudders* That’s pretty dern cool!

Candruth

Good point, Nug. Thanks. 😀

Mad Jack
    Participant

Great picture! I think you can achieve the desired effect even better if you simply drop the black line on the right. This way the picture would blend in more with the forumpage background. You could even go so far as to size down the left black line and make it appear as like his right hand rips a hole in the page to literally break the fourth wall – if you know what I mean. 😉

Maverik1313
    Participant

Reminds me of the water monster thing for the second session of X-files.

Candruth

I took all your lovely advice and updated my Merman. I changed the right hand since it wasn’t working with the skinnier white bands (I also spliced together the three panels with Gimp, so it’s not totally HeroMachined). I’m very pleased with how it turned out. 😀

I also realized the irony of the gif I linked earlier. I think I’ll leave it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Nug
    Participant

Much better! And now you done went and entered it into the CDC… -.-

JR did want to be impressed, and so far this contest isn’t failing. I’m afraid though you made it extremely hard for me to even enter this contest… much less try and win it :S

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Nug- You never know until you try. I mean we all know Candruth is amazing and all, but you aren’t exactly a slouch on the ‘machine yourself are you? So I don’t want any excuses.

Candruth

you aren’t exactly a slouch on the ‘machine yourself are you? So I don’t want any excuses.

Yeah, what he said.

Nug
    Participant

I’m trying…. -.- Machine isn’t doing what I want it to.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.