A post just disappeared on me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Hey, sorry for the bother. I was just editing a post, hit ‘submit’, and upon being redirected back to my topic in the gallery forum as usual, the post in question vanished.

Attached is a screenshot of where the post was before it disappeared. It was the third post on the first (only) page. If there’s no way to recover the post, or if it doesn’t ‘reappear’, then I’ll copy paste all the text, have that topic deleted, and reopen it. It sounds silly, but the order that I post the first bunch of characters in is important to me.

Thanks for your time. X

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Think I’ve found it. Should be back now.

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Yep. That’s sorted it. Thank you!!

Amarin Reyny
    Participant

Apologies for resurrecting a long-inactive thread (please let me know if this isn’t okay, and if it isn’t, I won’t do it again), but whatever bug caused this problem seems to be back. I just tried to edit a post I made in reply to a thread I started, and the post just disappeared. I find it noteworthy that I didn’t experience this same problem with the first post in the thread, so it might just be a problem with replies.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Amarin Reyny- Yeah, that can happen sometimes when the anchor post in a thread gets edited. It got sent to the spam folder. I’ve reinstated it for you.

Amarin Reyny
    Participant

@Amarin Reyny- Yeah, that can happen sometimes when the anchor post in a thread gets edited. It got sent to the spam folder. I’ve reinstated it for you.

Is there a way to avoid this problem in the future? My ADD brain has a tendency to make a lot of mistakes that have to be corrected after-the-fact (and I know that both of the posts I’ve made in my own thread have mistakes in them that I’ll have to correct, such as mistakes in the images themselves, and an image I forgot to upload entirely). I don’t want to place too much of a burden on the forum mods to individually reinstate every single edited post I make…

JR19759
    Keymaster

Is there a way to avoid this problem in the future? My ADD brain has a tendency to make a lot of mistakes that have to be corrected after-the-fact (and I know that both of the posts I’ve made in my own thread have mistakes in them that I’ll have to correct, such as mistakes in the images themselves, and an image I forgot to upload entirely). I don’t want to place too much of a burden on the forum mods to individually reinstate every single edited post I make…

It only happens if you edit the first post on a thread, so if you can avoid doing that, you should be fine.

Amarin Reyny
    Participant

It only happens if you edit the first post on a thread, so if you can avoid doing that, you should be fine.

In that case, may I delete the thread, make a new thread with a first post so meaningless that it will never need to be edited for any reason anyway, then post the actual substance of the thread in subsequent posts?

JR19759
    Keymaster

In that case, may I delete the thread, make a new thread with a first post so meaningless that it will never need to be edited for any reason anyway, then post the actual substance of the thread in subsequent posts?

If you want, yeah. I’d probably have to be the one to delete the thread, I’m not sure if non-mod forum members can properly delete threads (I’ve been a mod way too long tbh), but if you want to start the thread over, then that’s fine by me. It’s kinda getting late here so I might not have a chance to do it today, but if I see you’ve started a new gallery thread when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll get rid of the old one, cool?

Amarin Reyny
    Participant

If you want, yeah. I’d probably have to be the one to delete the thread, I’m not sure if non-mod forum members can properly delete threads (I’ve been a mod way too long tbh), but if you want to start the thread over, then that’s fine by me. It’s kinda getting late here so I might not have a chance to do it today, but if I see you’ve started a new gallery thread when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll get rid of the old one, cool?

All right. Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.