Reply To: Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner Reply To: Vampyrist’s Corner

Vampyrist
Participant

Thanks!

Excerpt from patient interview of Kyle Patten AKA Kappa conducted by Dr Derrick Trent

“Kyle, why did you try to kill Shimmer, your best friend?”

“Because he did this to me. He brought me back. For once in my life I was at peace…”

“But you were dead, you’re saying you want to be dead.

“Yes, I want to be dead, but he even stole that from me. Thanks to him, I just can’t die. Believe me, I’ve tried. I’ve put a gun in my mouth, blade on my arms, and even a rope around my throat, but nothing works. I always pop back up. But I’m getting off topic. You asked me why I tried to kill Shimmer, my former best friend. I hate him because he stole peace from me. In the afterlife, it was calm. There was noone trying to kill you, no life threatening crisis forever on the horizon. They had even given me foresight. I was at peace knowing the most likely outcome of my friends and family, but thanks to him, that gift is a curse. Knowing what might happen from up there where you can’t do anything about it is one thing, but down here, I’m perpetually stuck at the crossroads. I see every single possible path that lies ahead and my actions now only cause more paths to appear. And I’m stuck here forever.”

“Well, Kyle, he was only trying to bring you back, to right a wrong.”

“He sure screwed that up. He did it for himself. He was sad and wanted his friend back. Well, I’m back! Yipee. His reasons don’t change my state or the constant strain my brain feels at the potentialities of everything.”

“It seems like your friendship needs more mending than I can give, but let me at least try to understand your pain”

“That’s impossible, I’m a pretty rare case.”

“I’m an empath, let me try, Kyle.”

“Fine”

“Ok, I’m just going to put my hand your head and AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I see it. I see you leaving in five minutes, ten, fifteen, you walking outside, stopping a mugging, an invasion,  my death, you saving meeee”

“Doc, you alright”

“I don’t know. Now that I’ve let go, I might be. Is it like that all the time? Do you always see so many things?”

“Yes, every second of every minute of every day of every week, I see all that might be.”

“I wish I could help you, but I don’t think I can. However, if you need to talk, I’m here.”

“Thanks Doc, but I don’t think talking will fix this.”

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.