Robots have long been a staple of Science Fiction, even back at the dawn of the genre when Isaac Asimov coined the term from the Slavic word for worker. They've become somewhat of a cliché, either naively misunderstanding human emotions or trying to keep us safe by enslaving all of humanity. And of course, nowhere is their presence more noticeable than on the screen, be it big or small. But which robot is the best? That's our question for the week. As per usual, I've provided 10 examples to start you off and you can add your own suggestions. Please bear in mind that we are only looking at robots (so fully mechanical automatons created by an organic race for a specific task) or androids (full mechanical automatons given a human like external skin to better blend in with living beings), rather than cyborgs (living beings with mechanical prostheses).
Get HeroMachine 2 for your Desktop!
Recent Blog Posts
- CDC #447 – Team Building – Volume 3 – Part 4 January 20, 2020
- CDC #446 – Team Building – Volume 3 – Part 3 – Results January 20, 2020
- CDC #445 – Team Building – Volume 3 – Part 2 – Prize for Christi S. January 18, 2020
- CDC #445 – Team Building – Volume 3 – Part 2 – Results January 13, 2020
- CDC #446 – Team Building – Volume 3 – Part 3 January 13, 2020
The Secret Lair