Having a hidden result seems to still be working for the voting turn out. And this week was a blinder. Two people ran away with it from the start (and when I say ran away with it, the person who came second got 20 more votes than third, fourth and fifth combined) and eventually finished with only 3 votes separating them. And surprisingly, it wasn't the guy who created the items used in this contest that won. It was someone who, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't won a CDC before. That person being Ubiquitous Pixel, who won with his Refulgent Beetle. So congrats UP and well done to everyone who entered.
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Congrats! Well done!
“It was someone who, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t won a CDC before. That person being Ubiquitous Pixel…”
I did not believe this so I went and looked. Pixel has come in second a lot of times, but I couldn’t find a win from him.
So yeah! Congrats to you, dude! I’m a huge fan of yours, Pixel, so it’s an honor to welcome you to the club!
And, while UP does a LOT of good stuff, this might be one of the best I’ve seen…
I’ve been seeing these for years and holy cow y’all are awesome! Something I haven’t figured out is how to get the “glow” effect I see in some pics. Any tips?
@jptarus- this tutorial is a good place to start with that: http://www.heromachine.com/forums/topic/how-to-highlightshade/
Congratulations Ubiquitous Pixel!
for my list, what place did I make with Lancelin JR?
@Cliff- the list is as goes:
*Clears Throat and steps to stage* I’d like to thank my mom….
Anyways, thanks community for the win :)! ANd the kind compliments make me smile, thanks guys!
As for the glow effect, you simply take the circle in the “patterns” category. Lower the primary and line colors to nothing, thus leaving you with a “glow”. Shape it to the areas you wish!