Okay, I've caved in, you can have a Trek quiz. This one's going to be interesting because I haven't really ever watched Star Trek (don't hate me) so all of my information has come from either various websites (both official and fan wikis) and stuff I picked up from friends who do watch the show. So if my answers aren't 100% accurate, feel free to let me know, this is the one time I'm giving you free reign to put answers in the comments, so long as you give me a reference I can check to make sure you are right, then you get any points you would have got if I had known what I was talking about. So… this'll be fun.
Also, if you have any suggestions for themes for the quiz you can suggest them below, or we could go back to doing non-themed mixed quizzes like the first few that we did on the blog.
As per usual, 10 questions with a total of 20 points to get. The answers will be below a jump from the post whilst on the main blog page, so if you don’t want to be spoiled, take a look at the questions on the blog first.
1. Name the creator of Star Trek (1)
2. Which Star Trek book is titled after one of the original ideas for the series name? (1)
3. How long after the original Star Trek series is Star Trek: The Next Generation set? (1)
4. What colour was originally used to identify members of the Science Division of the Starfleet? (1)
Bonus: What was the speciality insignia that the Science Division crewmembers of Federation Starships had in their insignia patch? (1)
5. What is Khan's full name and who played him in his two original appearances? (2)
Bonus: How many times do Kirk and Khan actually meet in person in The Wrath Of Khan film? (1)
6. Which characters appear in the most Star Trek films? (3)
7. What was the villain of the first ever episode of The Original Series? (1)
Bonus: What was the title of the episode? (1)
8. In which episode do the Borg make their first appearance? (1)
Bonus: How many episodes of TNG did the Borg appear in in total? (1)
9. How many actors have portrayed Spock in the TV series and films? (1)
10. Name the founding members of the United Federation Of Planets (4)
Answers below the jump.
1. Gene Roddenberry
2. Wagon Train to the Stars
3. A Century
Bonus: A circle with two longitudinal lines dividing it.
5. Khan Noonien Singh, Actor: Ricardo Montalban
6. James T. Kirk, Montgomery Scott, Pavel Chekov
7. The M-113 Creature
Bonus: The Man Trap
8. Q Who
9. 7 (Leonard Nimoy, Carl Steven, Vadia Potenza, Stephan Manley, Joe W. Davis, Zachary Quinto, Jacob Kogan)
10. Andoria, Earth, Tellar Prime, Vulcan