Last week we did the Avengers, so obviously we had to do one about DC's premier super-team. Have fun...
As per usual, 10 questions with a total of 20 points to get and don’t post answers in the comments, just your scores. The answers will be below a jump from the post whilst on the main blog page, so if you don’t want to be spoiled, take a look at the questions on the blog first.
1. Who was the villain in the first ever issue of The Justice League Of America? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who/ what was/ were the first villain/ villains the original Justice League line-up teamed up to fight against? (1 Point)
2. What inspired DC comics to use the word League in the title of their super team (over resizing the then defunct Justice Society of America title)? (1 Point)
3. Which of these was not a spin off book from the Justice League? (1 Point)
a) Justice League Europe b) Justice League Detroit
c) Justice League Task Force d) Extreme Justice
4. When was the JLA/ Avengers crossover published? (1 Point)
5. In which comic did the Justice League first appear? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who was the villain? (1 Point)
6. What was the name of the teams teenage "mascot" from their first appearance in November 1960 to issue 77 of The Justice League of America (December 1969)? (1 Point)
7. Name the original line-up of the Justice League as per the 2001-2004 Bruce Timm animated TV series (including which iteration of characters if there has been more than one person to take that secret identity in the comics cannon). (7 points, 1 per correct answer)
8. Which of the men to have taken the identity "Green Lantern" has never been a member of the Justice League? (1 Point)
9. Where is the Hall of Justice located? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who designed it? (1 Point)
10. When did the original Justice League of America comic series (the one that started with issue 1 cover dated November 1960) end? (1 Point)
Bonus- How many issues did this run include? (1 Point)
Answers below the jump.
Bonus- The White Martians
2. They thought that fans of sports leagues, such as the National Football League or Major League Baseball, would better identify with a League rather than a Society of superheroes.
3. b) Justice League Detroit (which was a revamp of the original Justice League book rather than a spin-off title)
4. September 2003
5. The Brave and the Bold
Bonus- Starro The Conquerer
6. Lucas "Snapper" Carr
7. Superman, Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder Woman (Diana Prince), Green Lantern (John Stewart), The Flash (Wally West), Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol)
8. Alan Scott
9. Storrs, Connecticut (in Super-Friends it is located in Gotham City)
Bonus- John Stewart and Wonder Woman
10. April 1987