Book cover design prize?

Hi all, your nearly-absentee-owner Jeff here with a quick question.

I'm thinking of running a Facebook contest designed to get more likes, increase the pool of people using HeroMachine beyond the traditional, and increase incoming links. The idea would be to have people use HM3 to make a portrait of a character from a novel, novella, or short story collection they have written. The winner would get to have a cover for that product designed and illustrated by yours truly, much like I've done for Ian Thomas Healy's "Just Cause" books.

Is that something you think would be of interest?

I imagine even if you haven't written a book yourself, it might be fun to have one for a book idea you've had.

Anyway, I'm throwing it open to comment, please let me know what you think (good, bad, or indifferent).

12 Responses to Book cover design prize?

1. JR19759 JR19759 says:

I’d definitely be interested

2. Jawohl! Bonus: If I happen to win, I will probably never see the end product because I don’t use or visit Facebook. ;9

3. Avatar Whittier says:

Wow, haven’t been round these parts in a while.

I’m a writer and I know writers. I could pass it on to my circle.

4. Avatar P00ger says:

I’ve used this before but I am not sure how to submit things into a contest and I think that would be amazing

5. I would be interested, but mostly because I want to get a free book cover out of you (not that I mind paying you for them).

6. Ian Thomas Healy:

Taken out of context… good to see you, sir. 😉

I enjoy your superhero and autoduel stories. ‘Mustang Sally’ is a personal favorite.

7. Kaldath Kaldath says:

I’d be interested also, I have had the ideas for two books in my head for some time now. If I ever get around to writing them however I’d need a very good editor as my grammer doth sucketh!! If you go with the idea maybe you could get them to announce it on creative commons? Do another interview and mention it yourself lol!

8. Avatar Lime says:

Heh, I already had it in mind that *when* I finished a story, if I went the self-publishing route, I’d try to commission a cover from you.

So, yes. Interested.

9. Avatar barbario says:

yeah once they were no more prizes for contests here i lost all interest. so an actual motivator to enter a constest would be great.

10. Avatar Herr D says:

Yes, please. Facebook may be tough for me to get to, but, interested, yes.

11. Avatar prswirve says:

Great! So how does this work?

Well, it doesn’t yet, prswirve, it’s just an idea I was floating to see if anyone was interested before I really started working on it.