Have you ever wanted a character of yours to be on a poster or website promoting a real live game? Well, now’s your chance, because the makers of “Super Omega Deathbattle Warzone Apocalypse (the Most Dangerous Game Ever Made)” have turned to you — yes, YOU! — to help design the characters they’ll use in their promotional materials! How cool is that?!
Here’s an example of the kind of thing where your characters might appear:
And your prize isn’t just getting your character added to the promo, but getting it fully illustrated in an awesome pose within that promo by Livio Ramondelli of “Transformers: Autocracy” and “DC Universe Online” fame. Check out his fantastic DeviantART work — this guy is seriously fantastic.
So to recap, you get a character you designed painted in full color, to be used in promotional materials for a cool game that you can actually show your friends. This is big, folks.
You can find the complete rules here (PDF viewer required). But, here’s the short version:
- You have two weeks instead of one to get your submissions ready. We want them to be really good.
- You can create up to nine characters and you don’t have to say which archetype(s) they are for — let the design speak for itself.
- They’re much more interested in the character design than the actual piece. For instance, they don’t care about flashy backgrounds or anything like that. You can add them in if you want, but all the judge will be looking at are the actual character designs. So if you get frustrated at your inability to create the kind of elaborate set pieces of people like Kytana or dblade, this is your chance to shine with just your design vision.
- By submitting a design, you are granting Thunderpunch Studios the rights to use it in their promotional materials. You are not granting them the copyright to the image outside of their official promotional materials, however. In other words, you’re giving them the ability to use it how they want for themselves, you’re not giving up rights to the character altogether.
- Winners will be announced on May 11 and will be chosen by Thunderpunch Studios executives.
To avoid accusations of “he stole my design!”, we’re going to handle submissions like for a “Friday Night Fights” session.
- Instead of posting links to your character(s) here, you will need to email them directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), all in one single message. You can ZIP them up if you want or you can do them all as separate attachments, so long as I just get one email from you.
- Each file should have your HM user name and your character’s name so I know who’s who.
- A description would also be nice but isn’t mandatory.
Also, once you hit SEND, your submission is final. No takebacks or do-overs.
Good luck, everyone! I know you’ll do us all proud. If you have any questions, please speak up in the comments below and I’ll try my best to get them answered.
Edited To Add: DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES AS LINKS IN COMMENTS HERE! YOU MUST EMAIL THEM TO ME! Please, read the directions above, folks.