At the prompting of Kaylin88100 and as suggested by dblade (thanks to you both!), we’re going to start a new themed set of contests, like the Zodiac ones. Only this time, we’re getting medieval on your butt by taking on the Seven Deadly Sins!
Your design challenge for this week is to create a character or characters based on something related to the first of the Deadly Sins, “wrath”. Your character could be named wrath, or you could build a cyborg warrior fueled by rage, or a Hulk-like monster consumed with anger, or a young Khan clone (“Wrath of Khan”, get it?!), or a big ugly demon creature from the netherworld, or anything else that inspires you when you hear the word. You could build an entire seven-member team of characters named “The Seven Deadly Sins”, with Wrath being just the first; that would be kind of fun to keep track of.
But really, it’s up to you. Just make a great illustration based on the concept of “wrath”.
The rules are the same as usual:
- All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest;
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension]. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). If you see “preview” or “rotate” somewhere in the link you’re probably doing it wrong.
- All entries must be in by next Monday, when I’ll choose a winner.
The person with the winning entry as selected by our expert panel (i.e. me) will win their choice of a) a portrait to go in HeroMachine 3, b) an item to go in HeroMachine 3, or c) a custom black and white “Sketch of the Day” style drawing (also by me).
Good luck, everyone!