They have leash laws for axes, now?

(From "The Green Mask" number 7, 1941.)

15 Responses to They have leash laws for axes, now?

1. Avatar EXILE says:

Umm, why is the axe chained?

2. Avatar Doornik1142 says:

Maybe it’s like one of those little glass smasher things on fire alarms.

In case of suspicious monocle-man attack, please use axe.

3. Avatar Dionne Jinn says:

I was thinking of museums where they chain things in place so the visitors can’t steal them.

4. Avatar Dionne Jinn says:

Oh, btw, what is the official time conversion between UTC time and the time this blog is using?

According to the blog admin panel:

UTC time is 2011-12-09 17:25:52 Local time is 2011-12-09 10:25:52

6. Avatar Dionne Jinn says:

That would be -7 hours. OK. Thanks, Jeff. I just couldn’t calculate that in my head…

Dionne Jinn, I didn’t even dare to try. Cutting and pasting was as close as I could come.

I want to say this was just in the gangster’s office. Which is why I couldn’t figure out a) why you would have a giant medieval axe adorning your otherwise plain wall and b) why you’d chain it there. Is it likely someone would just wander off with something the size of a pony?

9. Avatar X-stacy says:

Why wouldn’t you have a giant medieval axe adorning your otherwise plain wall? The chain part is confusing, I’ll grant you, but maybe this situation (of somebody threatening him with his own axe) has come up before, and he wanted to limit the range of the threat.

It’s like the way they chain pens in a bank. Obviously, this guy has had problems with people taking his scary-looking axes in the past.

11. Avatar knight1192a says:

Chain is what, four maybe six feet long? Add another three and a half feet for the battle axe there, so this guy has maybe a total of seven and a half to nine and a half feet he can use it away from that wall. Yeah, they’ll just stand out of his range and laugh at him wearing himself down like a complete idiot.

12. Avatar Frankie says:

Is that a randon elbow or breast overlapping the panel. I’m going to say breast, since the artist dreew a little eye and eyebrow on it.: Peek-a-boob.

13. Avatar Bael says:

What X-stacy sad. I’ll admit I don’t have any axes, but I do have three swords and a dagger on the walls of this room alone. Heh. Freaks the heck out of the door to door evangelists around here.

14. Avatar FRM says:

maybe it’s a sentient ax that tries to escape. i mean, it seems like the poor ax is being held against it’s will. and the guy grabbing it is it’s valiant rescuer.

15. Avatar thejay says:

Apparently, the early ax-men comics weren’t awesome. Maybe this guy needs some Chris Claremont magic.

@Frankie: Ah, the artistic vision.