(From "Spectacular Feature" number 11, 1950.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Shouldn’t that be “but now she is avenged”? Or did his lion-wife eat them when they took her, and he avenged them by defeating her? Also, why are those giant ears of corn on fire, and who is he even talking to? This entire panel is just so confusing…
I thought the same thing, Gero. Horribly drawn panel matched with confusing dialog.
1. A 40’s era swimsuit? What? Is it that difficult to draw a toga?
2. What is it with this guy and fire? Does it symbolically represent his anger? Does he like playing with matches? I used to think that Johnny Storm was Smokey the Bear’s arch-nemesis– not anymore.
Fire is the obvious choice. Those are clearly variants of El Seed‘s Corn Troopers. Popcorn for everyone.
What’s with that pose? Is he doing victory air-humps?
“I have burned of them their crops, and now my pain he knows.”
Muntant corn dogs? This must be part of Mechele Obama’s plan to scare kids to eat healthier.
Maybe his wife is a real shrew, and he felt bad for them after they took her. So a bit of vengence on their behalf and a giant bowl of popcorn later, he feels they’re even.