Many thanks to everyone who entered Caption Contest 110, featuring an epic example of Superdickery. Your challenge was to come up with a headline or off-panel caption for this cover:
We had a ton of great submissions, so without further ado, here are some of the ones that I thought were particularly funny:
1. Superman slightly misunderstands the Occupy Movement…
2. Leaping it in two bounds was just more than he could live with.
- Nick Hentschel: “More bad news for the Kryptonite lock factory……”
- Joel: In this exciting issue, Superman battles a new foe: MUSHROOMS!
- Mr.MikeK: Superman discovers that what happens in Vegas doesn’t really stay in Vegas!
- Myro: “After his recent defeat by Batman, it was clear there was only one thing Superman could do to save face… Destroy Wayne Enterprises.”
- count libido: Superman mistakes giant zipper for building!
- TOOL: Allstate, are you in good hands when mayhem happens to you?
- Jessica: On next week’s issue of Psychology Today: Superman, God Complex or Bipolar Disorder?
- Watson Bradshaw: Superhero Jenga claim 200 lives.
- peter flynn: “Will Clark finally escape that horrible rental agreement?”
1. And with one strike against Blizzard Studios, Superman ended his World of Warcraft addiction.
2. Superman would probably destroy that building even if his life didn’t depend on it.
- Jack Zelger: “Superman provides an unhappy Lois with an unobstructed view of the park.”
Having just recently re-acquired my WoW addiction, I sympathize completely with TheNate’s first entry. Oi. And I think “Superhero Jenga” should totally be one of DC’s “New 52” launches, that would be awesome.
However, as the overall winner I am going to have to go with … Nick Hentschel! That one made me laugh every time I read it, and I thought it was a very clever way both to explain the scene and to be an ironic comment on it. Well done, Nick! Let me know what you’d like for your prize either in the comments or via email.
Thanks again to everyone who entered, and congratulations to all of these fine Finalists.