Great moments in bad ideas

(From “Weird Comics” number 5, 1940.)

17 thoughts on “Great moments in bad ideas

1. Blackjack says:

Well, I suppose that this random panel is as good a place as any to share the news with my favorite blog…

MY BOYFRIEND PROPOSED! 😀

2. Gero says:

“I see no downside to switching bodies with someone who’s brainless…”

On a side note: Congrats Blackjack!

3. Panner says:

That’s awesome, Blackjack!

4. Trekkie says:

Congrats Blackjack, that’s great!

And seriously, what is he hoping to gain from getting something brainless to transfer it’s identity to him? I mean, it’s not exactly going to tell him anything is it?

5. Blackjack says:

😀 Thanks, guys! I’m still beaming, I must look a little brainless being this happy!

6. Jeff Hebert says:

Congratulations, Blackjack!

7. Patriot_Missile says:

Waitaminnit… did your boyfriend propose an identity transfer? Seriously, I wish you two the best.

8. Dan says:

Congrats Blackjack!

9. Blackjack says:

*giggles* Very cute, Patriot_Missile, and thanks again, everyone!

10. McKnight57 says:

First off, congratulations Blackjack. I wish you both the very best.

Secondly, please tell me this panel wasn’t the premise for that crappy Face/Off movie starring John Travolta and Nicholas Cage. One of the few times the King of Cool wasn’t cool in any way.

11. Myro says:

Congrats Blackjack. That’s great.

Now, Brainless one, hand over your Social Security number, passport, bank cards and credit cards. No, you can trust me on this one. I’m a Nigerian prince.

12. punkjay says:

Wow Hodgi from Johnny Quest turned out to be a real dickhead!

13. Gero says:

@McKnight 10: God I hate that movie. I don’t mind Travolta, and I love Nic Cage, but neither of them could ever have hoped to save that piece of crap…

14. EXILE says:

Wow, what a doof
    (yes i said something noobish)

Oh by the way, CONGRATS! Wish you the best!

15. X-stacy says:

I don’t think this is such a bad idea; I can think of quite a few essentially brainless people that have more money than me. Of course, they’re all famous, and I look nothing like any of them, but no plan is perfect. (Except my plan to sell Syfy a movie script about a wasp-bee hybrid that eats metal and terrorizes a small town that happens to house a hunky sheriff and a sexy scientist, and then follow it up with Mecha-Spiders vs Metal-Eating Wasp-Bees, and possibly follow that up with Chupacabras vs Mecha-Spiders vs MEWBs; that plan is flawless.)

And congratulations, Blackjack!

16. McKnight57 says:

Gero (13): That was kinda the point. It has been years since I watched it and (insert deity of your choosing here) help me, it’ll be decades before i ever see it again. Or i could die without ever watching it a second time and I’ll be perfectly fine with that. Same goes for Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men: Last Stand, that FF movie with the Silver Surfer, and any Crow movie after the original with Jason Scott Lee.

17. punkjay says:

I hope you and your boyfreind have a long, happy life together Blackjack, and I hope he’s better looking than the total tool in this pic lol.

Comments are closed.