I spent the last couple of days implementing the last blog layout change we discussed a few weeks ago. I've got it running on a test server if you want to take a look via this link and let me know what you think. Obviously it doesn't have any real content in it beyond one post I cut and pasted, but you're looking for the basic layout and not the words that go in it, if that makes sense.
I did change the header up significantly; when I sat down to actually code it, enough time had gone by to let me look at it with fresh eyes and I decided the original was just too heavy and busy. I think this one is a lot cleaner and easier on the eyes. I also changed the footer to match the new UGO look a bit better, and did away with the gradient at the bottom.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts. If there are no huge problems I'll probably roll this out live overnight, which involves a bit of scariness in upgrading the WordPress version.