Another Facemaker progress report

I had a major setback last week with the "Facemaker" project. I had the basic code all written and more than half of the artwork in when I decided to try the much-coveted "Save as JPG" feature. In order to get that to work, I had to upgrade from ActionScript 2 to ActionScript 3. Which then broke literally everything else. I had to start completely over, and re-write the program basically from the ground up while simultaneously trying to teach myself the new version of ActionScript.

The good news is, that all only took a week and I was able to save all of the artwork. As of today I have 95% of the functionality back and working in ActionScript 3, including "Save as JPG". The last missing piece is only halfway done, and that's the AS3-based custom color component. I have a working grid in place so you can select a color, but still need to get that color applied to the desired object. It took me all day today so far just to figure out how to move the color gradient where I wanted it to be. Good times.

In any event, it's mostly back to a working state and tomorrow I plan on picking up where I left off with adding the rest of the content and items. I've just gotten word that there are going to be two major new custom versions to do, one to make custom skateboard designs and the other that's specific to the items in an upcoming game. Those are both projects for UGO advertising clients, and take precedence over any other development, so I'm going to try and cram in as much work on the Facemaker stuff as I can before those hit. At that point I'll release what I've got for early beta testing if it's in a working state.