I can hear you out there right now, thinking "I like reading this blog and Jeff Hebert is one darn sexy bald guy, but where can I go for yet more excellent comics-related blogging?" Luckily for you I am not just a mind-reader, but also a subscriber to the following Certified Good Comics Blogs:
- "Chris's Invincible Super-Blog": Chris has become a true Titan (or Inhuman, or New God, or Asgardian, or any other comics-related mythological bad-ass of your choice) of the comics-blogging world, with his weekly review of new releases and all things related to Batman kicking people in the face.
- "Again With the Comics": The highest compliment one creative type can give another is to say "I wish I'd done that", and that's exactly how I feel about Brian Hughes' "One Hulk, Two Hulk, Red Hulk, Blue Hulk" post.
- "Comics Worth Reading": Primary author Johanna Draper Carlson offers a great take on the comics industry, including a number of excellent reviews of Manga releases about which, frankly, I know nothing. If you're trying to expand your comics tastes, check out her recommendations.
- "Fraggmented": I keep reading John Seavey's blog largely due to his "Storytelling Engine" series, where he takes a thoughtful look at why certain kinds of characters and books work and others do not. It's a good read when you're wanting something thoughtful instead of lame jokes about sentient trees wearing William Shatner's wigs (what loser would write something like that?!).
- "The Vault of Buncheness": Chris Bunche, comic book industry insider, gives good post on a wide range of topics of interest to the types of people who read comics. This one comes with some strong language and a few not quite safe for work images, so be warned.
That's pretty much what I read when it comes to comics blogs. I'd love to hear about others that you follow in the comments, so by all means feel free to throw out your own favorites!