Forum Critique

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

CKnap
    Participant

Yes, like in the UGO forums we were able to go back and add new pics to an existing post or update a characters profile.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

At this point you can only edit one of your posts until someone else comments  on the thread that all posts before that comment are locked to editing. Looking at the promissions list however Jeff can change it to “Can Edit Your Own Posts Forever” however you have to talk to him about it and convince him. I personally would like to be able to edit my own posts at any given time whenever I choose to like we are able to on UGO. 

CKnap
    Participant

Yeah well lets hope Jeff sees this or we can talk to him about it eventually 

AFDStudios
    Keymaster

OK, done — you can now edit your own posts forever. Holler if there's a problem with it.

Dionne Jinn

I tried it to one of my post on this conversation and seemed to work fine. Next to test it on something with pictures.

GuyGenesis
    Participant

I'm having trouble getting a handle on the Path/Tag thing, Like I tried quoting a post earlier and my response is mixed in, is there a tutorial or something to get the hang of Word Press?

EDIT* after finding one of Kaldath's posts on another thread, do I just have to use another browser other than IE?

Hammerknight
    Participant

It looks like IE is not working very good with WordPress, I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it seems to be working good so far.

GuyGenesis
    Participant

Ok Thanks HK, I guess I'll download Firefox

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Hammerknight said:

It looks like IE is not working very good with WordPress, I'm using Mozilla Firefox and it seems to be working good so far.

It works well with Google Chrome, and appears to be fine on Apple's Safari browser for Windows also, besides for Firefox ( which as stated works fine ) and IE I haven't tried it on any others browsers at this time. 

CKnap
    Participant

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue lately but anytime i click on the the link for a post or the edit tool when you look at the list of threads it just keeps saying loading and doesnt end up showing anything else. 

Kaldath
    Keymaster

CKnap said:

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue lately but anytime i click on the the link for a post or the edit tool when you look at the list of threads it just keeps saying loading and doesnt end up showing anything else. 

I have been having that problem also, the work around I have been doing has been to right click the link and selecting Open Link In a New Tab

CKnap
    Participant

Kaldath said:

CKnap said:

I have been having that problem also, the work around I have been doing has been to right click the link and selecting Open Link In a New Tab

Yeah i just right click the link button and copy it without opening it but even editing your thread title seems too not load properly. I just thought it would be worth bringing up.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

MartianBlue said:

I'm having trouble getting a handle on the Path/Tag thing, Like I tried quoting a post earlier and my response is mixed in, is there a tutorial or something to get the hang of Word Press?

EDIT* after finding one of Kaldath's posts on another thread, do I just have to use another browser other than IE?

It's difficult, and I've seen several people having the same problem. The trick to making sure your reply is outside the quote is to look just below the typing area, where it says “Path”. If it just says “p”, you're outside the quote. If it says “p >> blockquote >> p”, you're inside the quote.

Another way of telling is that the quote is indented slightly from the left compared to normal text. Hope that helps!

CKnap
    Participant

I was trying too send a pm but they dont seem too wanna work. Just keeps loading.

CKnap
    Participant

Nvm workin now 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Forum Critique’ is closed to new replies.