Yet another new campaign from Barbario

Home Forums Gamers’ Corner Super-Hero RPGs Yet another new campaign from Barbario

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)
  • Author

barbario
    Participant

smoke.pngdjinn.png

Prof.Anthrax

I like how the smoke and djinn look as though they could be related.
    The djinn is good and creepy, too, which certainly makes one regret rubbing that old lamp.

barbario
    Participant

@Prof.Anthrax said:

I like how the smoke and djinn look as though they could be related.
    The djinn is good and creepy, too, which certainly makes one regret rubbing that old lamp.

thanks! fellow austinite! the smoke monster IS the djinn. but the first time they encounter it it is as a dust storm

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Well, you piqued my interest. I’m in a writing mood. GM’ing a campaign provides for fresh ideas. And fresh they are. The djinn from sandstorm to demon is a great example. First the silhouette, then the flaring of the hair and how the body condenses to a solid. That’s detail. Nicely done!

barbario
    Participant

glad i can inspire

barbario
    Participant

well the pcs dint finish their first mission yet but im already wokring on the next one. i downloaded a bunch of call of cthulu adventures that can easily be modified to fit into this campiagn. so i didnt like the “lovecraftian” monster in the modulle so i came up with my own. i wanted to evoke the “hound of resurrection” from the first #311807 film. i like what i came up with but something isnt right. the colors im not loving. any suggestions?

Also i have recently been using the companions more. using them as templates and adding things to make them vastly different

monster_.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The colors are a little bright but they give the monster an ape-like quality. Maybe some reverse zypping. Some shades and highlights to break the “sameness.”

What is really distracting are the “buckles” on the monster’s chest. They are part of the standard Companion. However, in this instance they seem like a tacked-on chestplate with buckles. I would work on covering or stylizing that, depending on which way you want to go.

barbario
    Participant

so i started over from scratch. i think this is much more horrifying

Yog.png

Herr D
    Participant

Yah. Much better. Inside out is generally more monstrous. You might also try the second one’s colors plus olive drabs on the first one and follow AP’s advice abt covering the fasteners. Why not have a backup monster?

barbario
    Participant

i revamped it again. the guts looked too zombie-like. i moved the tentacles becaue i like the blunt head with no neck and i thot the tentacles distracted too much form that. i changed the eyes cuz i wanna save the spider-eyes for something else

yogg.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

That is horrifyingly awesome.

barbario
    Participant

@Vampyrist said:

That is horrifyingly awesome.

that is the best compliment ever

barbario
    Participant

im plannign several seesiong ahead and look slike we might play on xmas eve. (2 of the pc’s are my roommates and they are brothers, the other is my sister, and the fourht possible is one of my roommates boss and out friend; we all be here!) so im gonna have a scary xmas game. any ideas? i know gonna use krampus a bavarian demon that takes bad kids. also at the end the gonne meet “santa”

Santey.png

barbario
    Participant

i just cant stop. im at least 3 sessions ahead. i redesigned my lovecraftian monster again. it just wasnt horrifying enuff. i think this final design does the job…yognolac.png

barbario
    Participant

i also came up with a quick one-off adventure wherein they have to travel in sewers and subway tunnels to exterminate a nest of chubacabra…

chupacabra.png

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.