World-building: Kairula

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery World-building: Kairula

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Kaylin88100
    Participant

FrownNo-one else has posted in the last 9 days? I would really like some feedback on how I’m doing…Cry

PROGRESS UPDATE:
    Added some more info to the “Dragons” page. Not quite finished the Life Cycle, but I’m getting there. I’ll add some pictures soon as well.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Please visit http://kairula.wikispaces.com/ and tell me what you think! PleaseCry

Vampyrist
    Participant

I really like it, I liked the idea so much that I’ve started on my own wiki, which I may reveal when it is more complete.

Ximero
    Participant

Hi, Kaylin ๐Ÿ™‚
    No worries, you’re not forgotten, nor is your work (just that “real life” tends to be a party-pooper like that sometimes and e.g. some of us need to finish their theses asap… i.e. by tomorrow OTL )
    BUT
    Good job on the Lupi – it’s a nice touch how the natural ones are more in control of themselves/their abilities and have more natural social interactions (the Dom/sub relationships – err… not like that :p), which is a cool wink at that good-ol’ “there are things man must not tamper with” (or Lupus, in this case). Now i just wonder what happens if, say, a berserking Fenris bites a dragon. (sorry if you’ve already made provisions for that and i’ve missed them).
    As for the humans – cool, it seems Kairula’s southern continent (name?) is turning into a little bit of our Middle East (you got some Jews and Egyptians already – uh oh, Moses situation about to go down… – now more Arabs got through ๐Ÿ™‚ someone’s gonna get all kinds of persecution complexes ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). As for the Moorish settlement’s name, i’d suggest ร˜ยงร™โ€žร˜ยฎร˜ยงร˜ยฑร˜ยฌร™ล ร˜ยฉ ร˜ยงร™โ€žร˜ยฌร™โ€ ร˜ยฉ ([el-Halujee al-jin’nah], unless my ears deceive me, “Foreign Paradise”). After all, they were fairly into earthly paradises, and the pronunciation manages to sneak in some ‘Jinn’ element, so ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Keep up the good work! ^^

p.s.: Yup, you’ve also inspired me with the wikipage, but i’m not sure it really works for me after all (not technologically, more like conceptually/stylistically. we’ll see). Plus i haven’t had much time to allot to that lately.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Thanks guys, it’s good to know I haven’t been forgotten.Smile

I need to add some more explanation on how the Fenris thing works, so I will answer that question. The probable answer, since dragons are like super-mega-lupi, is that the Fenris gets its head ripped off and the dragon is absolutely fine.Laugh

I’m also planning to add in some Jinn, when I get the time, and I might put that name in somewhere…

I really need to make a map of these places so I can keep track of them!

Kaylin88100
    Participant

PROGRESS UPDATE:
    Added a picture of a flying mage to the “Human Magic” page and written up the history of the Ancient Language on the same page.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

PROGRESS UPDATE:
    Added more info to the “Eosi” and “Magic” pages.

Might have a map done in a few days.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

I did say might! I’m sorry, I still don’t have a map. Cry
    However…

PROGRESS UPDATE:
    I’ve updated “History of the Elves” (finally) with a better picture of the portal and a (tiny) bit more of the story. More to come soon. Check it out! http://kairula.wikispaces.com/History+of+the+Elves

Ximero
    Participant

Hi, Kaylin. Been outta touch due to “real life” (pfft) butting in again (but hey, i got my phd, so whoohoo ๐Ÿ˜€ and yay for being jobless…) *cough* anyway, wanted to congratulate you for the fine pieces of jewellery you created in that recent competition (the butterfly/fairy-wing-ish ones), they were some of my definite favourites in there ๐Ÿ™‚ so keep up the good work.
    I see you’ve also been getting some more stuff done on Kairula (will check the magic in a bit), so maybe you’d like to have a look at my recently created (second) collection on deviantArt – http://ximero.deviantart.com/ – where i intend to, time allowing, post some of the stuff i’ve been creating with HM (though the items i have there so far are just in Word). There’s also a link to a ‘fancier’ website specifically made for my card game based on the above, but that one is still very much under construction.

And speaking of websites, without wishing to make it rain on your parade, you should be aware of this: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17500549 – i know it’s just a coincidence, but y’know, best to keep them clearly distinct (spelling tweaks or so), to prevent future legal entanglements.

Excelsior!
    Ximero

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Actually, Ximero, it’s not a coincidence. I used to play Adventure Quest, liked the name, and stole it. You’re right, I should probably change it…but I’ve got attached to it now Frown
    I think I’ll just try and come up with a slightly different spelling…hmm…Confused

Ximero
    Participant

Yeah, i kinda know that feeling ๐Ÿ™‚ Well if you’re very found of the sound of Kairula (as you indeed would be), you could perhaps just enter a visual change – either a pronunciation-unchanging spelling modification (“Kayrula”, “Kirula”), or doubling the ‘r’ or the ‘l’, having a double ‘o’ for the sake of exotism, or heck, even those lovely alien apostrophes ๐Ÿ˜€ – consider “K’irula” or “Kairul’la” or various others on the same ideas ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Some good ideas there, Ximero. Thanks. Smile
    Oh, and I forgot to say – congratulations on graduating. Smile

Zerogarth

Things I noticed on your Wiki:

On Human’s History, 711 AD, when you wrote about the Moors u didn’t finish the sentence (the name they gave to their new home)… I readed it whole now, with the updates and everything (last time I just readed part of it… yeah I’m lazy -.- )… just a thought; I imagine those “random portals” to be generated on purspose by some higher beings, maybe following a plan or something… I assume you’re ahead of me on this one, but I mention it just in case… seems acordingly to a world like the one u’re creating… this plan may be made by a native race of Kairul’la (I liked the spelling Ximero suggested) or maybe an extrakairulean race…
    Another thing, when you talk about “born lupi” u say that they are born from a human mating with a dragon, but u said before that humans and dragons couldn’t mate, that it was done by Kairul’la’s magic (I’m not sure ’bout with this one, maybe it’s just my lack of a better understanding of english… maybe I’m taking the second “mate” the wrong way by giving the same meaning the first one have, idk)

Anyway, I like Kairula’s background a lot, it’ll turn out as a real deep plot at the end, I’m sure of it! …I will be following your updates, and try to make a contribution (or none if you don’t want to ,lol) : )

Ximero
    Participant

Thanks, Kaylin ๐Ÿ™‚
    Oh, and – of course -__- – *fond and *exoticism (though “exotism” is also a word :p)

@Zerogarth
    , that sentence there about the Moors isn’t finished because she is yet to come up with a satisfying name for the land, methinks.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@Zerogarth:
    – That sentence isn’t finished because I forgot to save. -_-
    – Random portals are called that for a reason – they’re random. There isn’t anyone controlling them. They’re the unintended side effect of something that happened aeons ago, which no-one living knows anything about.
    – Lupi can mate with each other – it’s only the first ones that were human/dragon pairings. They also marry humans and elves. Most lupi are less than 10% dragon, for reasons that will become clear later.
    – I always welcome contributions, whether they are questions, suggestions, criticisms, or even just saying “I like it”!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.