Women’s Armor Suck!

Home Forums The Pub Women’s Armor Suck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Kaldath
    Keymaster

A quick look at why armor for women sucks in fantasy settings in this comedy sketch!

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

djuby
    Participant

lol-great!

Weilyn

Well, some celts went into battle wearing nothing but paint and murder sweat, but it worked out pretty well for them.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Weilyn said:

Well, some celts went into battle wearing nothing but paint and murder sweat, but it worked out pretty well for them.

True, but if you are going to go to the trouble of wearing protective gear, you might want that gear to actually be protective!

Weilyn

@Kaldath said:
    True, but if you are going to go to the trouble of wearing protective gear, you might want that gear to actually be protective!

Are you implying that, say, 300 does not depict body armour realistically Laugh

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Weilyn said:

Shield Maidens… purr!

Kaylin88100
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

Shield Maidens… purr!

And that, my friends, is the reason behind this madness: male writers and artists!Laugh

Herr D
    Participant

Well, if all the OTHER parts were covered INSTEAD, the female warrior would have Initiative plus 7 to fight males that aren’t blind fighting. This was informative. Codpieces should be made with a dull finish, definitely.

Scatman

Funny,I just watched 300 last night for the unth’ time,and can totally see what you are sayin’.They should make a drinking game where every time they show a pect’ bicept or abs you have to drink!the next morning would of resembled the post battle scene where they stacked the bodies of the enemy like a brick wall!!good flick though!

fuzztone

I love that sketch. Not that it stops me making characters in that vein, of course. (aesthetics.. :) ) And, in some ways, not enough armour is more realistic than too much – how many times in RPG world have we seen characters going about permanently encased in plate armour? In reality they’d have had trouble walking up a hill without exhausting themselves.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Kaylin88100 said:

@The Atomic Punk said:

Shield Maidens… purr!

And that, my friends, is the reason behind this madness: male writers and artists!http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

http://i1.wp.com/haraldwartooth.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/600-5.jpg?resize=540%2C360

Purrrrrrrrrrr…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.