Versions

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Lightningsword
    Participant

Sup guys! Sorry for being offline so long, but as soon as summer kicks in here, I’ll be back to machining, and for the meantime, I give big credit to mattisagamer and Keric for running this place, and even when I’m back, you can still help me with the Versions thread if you want to.

mattisagamer
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Well I’m impressed.
    Let’s see what you can do with this ‘un
    http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/010/c/7/d__jala_by_jr19759-d5g2i2z.png

Hey JR. I have some bad news regarding my version of your character. I ran into a couple of problems. 1) HM became buggy and began to double all the objects I used making it impossible to get different layers of shadowing/shading under the different objects. As seen here: Unrealistic_Counter.png I know I didn’t use over 350 objects as I didn’t even use that much in my Pop Quiz #1 creation, of which is much more than this version.

I attempted to clean it up by trying to use different size circles to get the shading, but just became messy in the end. With every object added, it slowed down my computer and became impossible to edit and create. Here’s my attempt to clean it up.

JR_Remake.png

It’s disappointing, I know… Time has been stressing me so I will try my best to remake it. It saddened me because I thought it was going to come out really decent. Then HM just bugged on me and it became frustrating to work on. I will get on to it as soon as I can. I am truly sorry once again and hope you understand.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Mattisagamer: Don’t worry about it, that’s happened to me a few times.

mattisagamer
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@Mattisagamer
    : Don’t worry about it, that’s happened to me a few times.

I still feel like I should do your character justice. Your version is top priority for me at this time.

EDIT: Here’s your updated version, JR! Hope you like it. I had a blast with the hair; I loved working with the style and shades of red. Once more I hope it’s up to your standards and please do point anything out that I could improve on. Thanks for letting me do a version of your character!

Who’s next? :D

JR Re-revamped
    JR_Reremake.png

mattisagamer
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Matt, that is so good I’m almost jealous! And nice touch, making him a bass player and adding a whole band! If you feel up to it and your time allows, try one (or all?), of the female characters in the other pic I posted.

Glad you like it WMD!

mattisagamer
    Participant

@mattisagamer said:

@JR19759 said:

@Mattisagamer
    : Don’t worry about it, that’s happened to me a few times.

I still feel like I should do your character justice. Your version is top priority for me at this time.

EDIT: Here’s your updated version, JR! Hope you like it. I had a blast with the hair; I loved working with the style and shades of red. Once more I hope it’s up to your standards and please do point anything out that I could improve on. Thanks for letting me do a version of your character!

Who’s next? http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

JR Re-revamped
    JR_Reremake.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

I’m impressed. *nods appreciatively*. I like what you’ve done with the costume and the hair. Good work.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Keric, I really like what you did there! Nice touch on Star Spangled Sister. With the r,w&b color scheme and the style of skirt, as well as her face, she has a bit of French Revolutionary vibe. And I like your take on Moonstar, different but still recognizable. My only criticism is that while I like the look, there is nothing to suggest Black Hole’s alien/otherworldliness.

mattisagamer
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

I’m impressed. *nods appreciatively*. I like what you’ve done with the costume and the hair. Good work.

Thanks JR! That means a lot. :D Glad you like it!

mattisagamer
    Participant

@Lightningsword said:

Sup guys! Sorry for being offline so long, but as soon as summer kicks in here, I’ll be back to machining, and for the meantime, I give big credit to mattisagamer and Keric for running this place, and even when I’m back, you can still help me with the Versions thread if you want to.

Welcome back LS! Yeah, I just saw this thread go unposted for a month, so I decided to give a crack at it. I definitely wouldn’t mind lending a hand in this Versions thread! :P

Keric
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Keric, I really like what you did there! Nice touch on Star Spangled Sister. With the r,w&b color scheme and the style of skirt, as well as her face, she has a bit of French Revolutionary vibe. And I like your take on Moonstar, different but still recognizable. My only criticism is that while I like the look, there is nothing to suggest Black Hole’s alien/otherworldliness.

Fair enough~ I was trying to be subtle with Black Hole’s alien/otherworldliness, and appears I lost it! try this
    Roundfour-Alien-1.PNG

Keric
    Participant

@Lightningsword said:

Welcome back! I’m on reserve, when something is a real stumper, or I think I have something to add, I will jump in, but… you guys generally do a great job.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Nice, Keric! Guys, feel free to pick any of my characters that appeal to you from my Heros, All or My New Creations threads.

prswirve
    Participant

Hey guys how are you? I miss this community. Too bad my new internet connection really sucks. Won’t be ablt to go on machining for a while.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I hope you don’t mind, but here is my take on WMD’s Moonstar.

Moonstar.png
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.