Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Green Devil, a hero who can manipulate plant growth

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RobM
    Participant

That’s a great costume.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks

The prisoner sat in his cell, ready to never see the outside world again. He had done things, not that he regretted them, but they had left him in the cage. He couldn’t sleep. Being cooped up like an animal made him uneasy.

He heard something behind him in the darkness and turned around. He saw a vague blue glow about five feet up, where a man’s eyes would be. “Who are you and how did you get in here?”, he spoke into the shadows.

A voice replied. “My name is unimportant, and I am here to offer you a gift.”

The prisoner was confused, “What?”. He was starting to get scared, enough to maybe call in help from the pigs.

From the darkness, more words came. “Humanity is interesting. You strive for so much and continue to do so after great defeat. You persevere. And above all else, you have free will. You are the masters of your fate, the captains of your soul.”

The prisoner looked confused. A man appears out of darkness and begins talking about free will. “So what about it. I have free will. Now why are you here?” Curiosity had overtaken the fear for a moment.

The man in the shadows stepped forward, his face becoming illuminated. His hair was black, his eyes a pale blue, and his skin pale. He seemed to be wearing a black buttoned shirt. “As I told you before, I bring a gift. I want to give you power.”

The prisoner was skeptical, “And what, you want my soul or something in return?”

Nicholas smiled, “No, I want nothing. This is not a transaction, it is a gift. I give you power and you can do whatever you want with it. I don’t care what you decide to do with it. Just do something.” He smiled, “So do you accept my gift?”

A man just appeared out of the darkness and offered him power. The prisoner only had one response, “Why not.”

Nicholas walked forward. His hand began to glow a low blue and he put it down on the prisoner’s chest. The prisoner screamed. Guards run towards him. He lies slumped in his cell, alone. A gruff voice yells out “Inmate, are you alright?”

The prisoner looks up, his eyes glowing blue, “Better than ever.”

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Connor Smith, a shapeshifting student of the Institute who is actually the godlike Coyote. Since the world had moved on from his tricks, Coyote was bored. This boredom drove him to put on the ruse of  a young hero as he figured it would be fun. He hid his reality altering powers as shapeshifting and joined the school as class clown Connor Smith with the codename Skinwalker.

Only a few people on the campus know his true identity. Mr Wells, the librarian and very powerful mage found out when Coyote tried to sneak on the school’s grounds. Coyote hid his power level, but he missed it for a fraction of a second, enough for the very gifted Wells to know he was hiding something. The two came to an agreement of Wells’s silence for Coyote’s help if things went really bad and help with some more powerful students. Connor became the reality warping James Holloway’s friend and teacher as Coyote’s tentative relationship with reality made him able to withstand James’s presence.

The only other person who knows is Adrian Cross, who figured out when during training when Connor shifted into a bird. The fact that he was Connor and then a bird with no transition state gave away Connor’s power level. Adrian confronted him and eventually found out the truth.

Coyote, as Connor, was the class clown and he grew to love life at the Institute. He made many friends there, who remained friends even after he left. He eventually left it after Loki started hunting down other tricksters. He still stops by every now and then and if any of his friends need help, he is sure to help.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Strandon, an alien scientist who crash landed on Earth. He began to study humans using a cloaking device that made him appear human. He fell in love with the species and a human scientist named Amanda Torres. This eventually led to him fighting crime using his inherent strength and intelligence.

He and his wife eventually had a son Ethan, who inherited his father’s intelligence and natural blue hair. Strandon retired after the birth of his son, who now attends the Institute. Strandon would eventually give up his life during the Zalamin invasion. He was one of the many fighters who used their space ships to distract the Zalamin force and weaken their planetary laser.

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

love your characters and there story’s, 89 pages of amazing work !

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and here is Strandon’s son, Ethan.

Ethan Torres always saw himself as an outcast.  He wasn’t human and he wasn’t alien. He was something in between. He looked human, but his blue hair made him stand out. When he was sent to the Institute, he was still an outsider. Unlike his father, he had no powers.

While he didn’t have powers, he did have a genius intellect. Both his parents were scientists and their penchant for learning and intellect passed on to their son. Due to their teachings, he became an expert on alien technology and on other diverse scientific fields.

Despite this strength, his lack of actual powers left him at a disadvantage. He had to try twice as hard to succeed and he was forced to adapt to situations. His determination and ability to lead others led to him gaining respect and friends. His cool head eventually led him to becoming the leader of the Institute’s Alpha squad.

Since graduation, he has gone off on his own as Outcast. He has occasionally come back to the school as a guest lecturer.

Attachments:

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Connor Smith looks bad to the bone, dude.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks BB! Here is Judiah Grimm, a warlock whose dark plans to accumulate magical power have made him the archenemy of Rune and Myles Carter.

Attachments:

Lef
    Participant

Really cool characters lately Vampyrist 😉 Keep it up

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and here is the intergalactic adventurer Rouge.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Gabriela Soto, a student at the institute who can manipulate the ink in her tattoos to form constructs.

She fights crime as Ink.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love Ink, she’s awesome.

cliff
    Participant

Vampyrist
    Green Devil
    What a great look. I love it. Plus I’m a sucker for plant characters. (Major Poison Ivy fan)

Nicholas is SO well done. I just recently did a Dark character, but yours walking out of the darkness is SO OFF THE SCALE better!

Coyote
    Heh my friend John has a character Michael Coyote, who is a human trickster, so I can’t help but love this one even if it wasn’t well done, which it is! Nice use of the fox head for it.
    And love the animal paw in his human form. DIdn’t notice it on my first look. Nice and subtle.

Strandon
    What syncronisity. I just did a red android. Vision for a game I’m going to play Scarlet Witch and John is playing Vizh. Kewl name for a stranded alien heh. And love the costume, clean and clean, not too cluttered or anything.

Ethan
    Also kewl and similar yet different from his dad. Definately an updated, modern look. And both are handsome.

Judiah Grimm
    what a great look, loving the sublte dark effect on the rod/spear.

Rogue
    MAN looks like a space vampire to me. And I love vampires.
    Great look, costume and colors.

Gabriela Soto
    I LOVE her ink manipulation. That is some wickedly groovy effects! Me personally I love her daily wear more than her costume heh heh.

Some very kewl characters and stories going on there. Great work

Nug
    Participant

I too love the concept of Ink. Awesome Job!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.