Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Oliver Hansen is a mutant whose voice causes great destruction. When he speaks, massive amounts of sonic energies are released and as a result, he stayed mute. He did not cry, he did not scream, he said nothing. He had almost forgotten how to speak. Then he arrived at the Institute and he was given a mask that could control his sonic blasts. For the first time, he could speak. At first, his voice was raspy and barely a whisper, but since then it has grown and he can now control his voice to release sonic blasts.

Oliver-Hansen-I.png

While he could talk, Oliver was still reserved with his talking, but when he fought crime, his voice came out and he was downright talkative, throwing his voice around alleys, throwing off criminals or scaring them to submit. As chatter surrounds villains, Vox has come to save the day.

Vox.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    First contest entry, California’s Gold Rush
    Vampyrist-CAGoldRush.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here’s my next entry from my own home of Illinois.

Grand Slam is a street level vigilante, good with a baseball bat. He is also an optimist, as there’s always next year.
    Vampyrist-ILGrandSlam.png

CantDraw
    Participant

Both of those look great but Gold Rush is my favorite, especially the “rush” effect.

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Thanks and here is another gold contest entry, the Kentuckian, Knox.
    vampyrist-KYKnox.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    The Texan Lone Star
    Vampyrist-TXLoneStar.png

CantDraw
    Participant

There can be only one Lone Star. It’s time to take this out back and fight man-to-man. No, seriously, I’m lovin’ your version of Lone Star. Good stuff!

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Thanks and considering the poll, it appears your Lone Star has won out.
    Here is Brazen Bull, a golem created by Hephaestus. A suit of bronze empowered by the fire of the gods, whose touch burns and scalds. Its wake is destruction and death. It is used by various magical foes as a distraction, a force of destruction.
    Brazen-Bull.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Waaaaooooooooow

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Awesome burning rainbow flames!

Jackal

Huh, that’s interesting. I used the name Brazen Bull for one of my characters, but I see you’ve got a rather different take on the name. I like how you’ve managed to make him (it?) look like the namesake though. Very cool design!

CantDraw
    Participant

Wow! That is one of the coolest looking characters I’ve ever seen!

ams
    Participant

Lone star and Brazen Bull are KICK-ASS!

Anarchangel
    Participant

What was it Darkvatican used to say? B’dazz? Yeah….That http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

BADASS!!!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks everyone, I didn’t think it would get so much recognition. Jackal, after your character, I looked up the device and this along with an never realized idea of a Texan Longhorn turned into an idea for a bronze minotaur with white hot limbs. Speaking of, AoL, it isn’t rainbow flames just heated metal.

Jacob Holden received a very drastic mutation. His skin turned to stone and he could not go back. When he was sent to the Institute, he stayed to himself, quiet and reserved. His stone skin made him a prime target for bullies. He was all alone and then Jessica Fernandez, a pyrokinetic cheerleader, stepped up and defended him. Jacob had found a friend. He followed her around like a bodyguard. She initially resented his constant guarding, but soon began to view him as her confidante.

Jessica-Fernandez-and-Jacob-Holden.png

Then the attack on the school happened. Several superpowered mercenaries attacked the school and among their ranks was the chaotic Jack. He launched energy blasts every, creating mayhem and killing several students. He cackled as death surrounded him. One of the people who ended up dead was Jessica and Jacob became furious. He leapt at Jack and he would have killed him if other students had not intervened. Jesse Cardenas subdued the villain while Jacob, to his amazement found his skin begin to crack, revealing flesh underneath. The attack ended and everyone ended up arrested. Too many students had died in the process, though.

Jacob was different afterwards. He became more active, his friend’s death giving him a new lease on life. She would have wanted him to live, so he did. Jacob began to get to know his colleagues, gaining friends. His powers also advanced, he could now turn his skin into stone on demand. The years passed, and he became the hero Gargoyle. Jessica Fernandez may have died, but she still lives on in him.

Gargoyle.png

Gargoyle-full-stone.png
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.