Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we could make it in the contest thread just as a place to post modern magicians or even modern day fantasy types. Noir, and in my case film Noir, is a genre from the 30s or so which contains hardboiled detectives, femme fatales, and a good dose of cynicism generally. Examples would range from the Maltese Falcon, Phillip Marlowe, The Third Man, Gilda, to Rififfi. It is one of my favorite genres, with the Third Man being my favorite movie of all time.

This is Viktor, Mikhail’s main lieutenant and his top interrogator. Viktor is a powerful telepath who uses his gifts to find out the truth, even if he has to force his way into people’s minds to do so.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/07/Viktor-I.png

FRM

so, shall i start the thread?
    (i’m thinking less of a contest type of thing, and more of a general sharing thread)
    what should the thread be called?

also, i love the names “Mikhail” and “Victor”! i hope I dont get interrogated…

Vampyrist
    Participant

I think you should start it and I didn’t mean it as a contest, just for that to be the place for it to be located, I imagine it being similar to the Manga, Weapons, or Student Challenges/sharing threads in that section. Also for names, how does Modern Magic sound.

For that Fantasy-Noir thing which I think I might name Of Magic and Steel, here is an Orc Enforcer.

Orc-Enforcer.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Magie Noir

“The times are changing. We used to be ruled by wood and iron. Men in shiny armor fought other men in shiny armor and robed men threw fire and ice at each other. We still fight, but the circumstances have merely changed. We don’t stand in formation when we go to kill you, we do it sneaky now. We don’t even have the common decency to look you in the eyes when we kill you. The iron and wood became replaced by steel and plastic. Our bows and arrows got replaced by guns and hot lead.

Magic has stuck around, but it too has changed. The old ways of long and complicated spells got replaced by enchantments and simplicity. Magic is not the art it used to be, now it just makes our guns better and our spells faster. The old professions are near obsolete now. Sorcerers exist to solve menial problems, rangers have become marksman and coppers, knights still protect us with the rangers, though they still use swords to do their work, and the bards have become mere shows in clubs.

But where do I fit in this crazy world, you ask. I work as a detective. When people need to find out something that the police can’t help with or which the police wouldn’t like, I am your man, well elf. And if things should get dangerous, don’t you worry yourself about me, I can handle myself. So got something you need found out, call me.”

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/07/Hawthorne.png

Harlekin

I prefer the Magic Noir more. Great idea Vampyrist. Very clever execution.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks Harlequin and I like it better as well. Noir is french so now it roughly translates to Black Magic, a fitting name for a noir story.

Magie Noir

This is Warren, a hitman for the mafia. He is a human pyromancer who uses a focusing glove. The glove focuses one’s mana into the palm, coalescing until it becomes an elemental orb. In warren’s case, it becomes a fireball. Warren is also afflicted with a dark eye, which can ignite objects by looking at them. This last feature draws too much attention, so he often keeps it covered.

Warren.png

Warren-CUV.png

Legatus
    Participant

That eye is awesome!

I agree with Legatus, that eye is amazing.

FRM

^ what they saidSurprised

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks !

Magie Noir

What noir would be without its sultry femme fatale. In Magie Noir’s case, it is the beautiful and deadly Genevieve Porter. Genevieve or as she likes to be called, Eve is an elven assassin who uses her looks to get close enough for the kill.

Genevieve-Eve-Porter.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Magie Noir

Edgar Cavanaugh, a rich and very powerful troll. He owns Magus, a massive conglomerate that works with enchanted objects including the strength gauntlet he is wearing. The gauntlet uses mana to augment strength.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2012/07/Edgar-Cavanaugh.png

Harlekin

Magie Noir is very nice.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

I like the Magic Noir stuff, it’s an interesting idea. Cool

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks again and here is a character based on Jef Costello, the main character of Le Samourai

Magie Noir

This is Costello, an elven hitman who always gets his job done. He is an expert with both a sword and a gun and he is precise with both of these, never making more of a mess than he has to.

Costello.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

And now for something completely different, a symbiote like character.

Nanosuit.png
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.