Troubles with masking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Malfar
    Participant

So I start making a skinny mutant character wielding two cool scimitars. I resize everything I need to resize, then mask the scimitars and they suddenly get cropped, missing their ends. HeroMachineBug.png
    Here’s the screen shot. How can this be fixed? Of course, I can just rotate the scimitars inwards, so that the skinny mutant will hold them like a regular swordsman, not like a showoff assassin, but still it’s not a good workaround.

Linea24
    Participant

That’s not really a bug, it’s just that the masked item (in your case, the scimitars) needs to be above the item its masked to. Just move the scimitars up in layer until they are above the hands and you good to go.

Malfar
    Participant

@Linea24 said:

That’s not really a bug, it’s just that the masked item (in your case, the scimitars) needs to be above the item its masked to. Just move the scimitars up in layer until they are above the hands and you good to go.

Nope. Levels have nothing to do with it – moving the scimitar on different levels didn’t help. However, I think I found the cause of this weird behavior. The area of “cropping” is related to the hand item. When I moved or resized the hand this “border of invisibility” changed its position. So, if I want to mask an item on a really small hand, the item will be cropped. The hand must be big. I didn’t test it with female hands though.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I remember way back when it was having some troubles by cropping off things I’ll let Jeff know and see what he says.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

a work around is to put a second blade under each of the current ones so that the cut off part will be see on that second blade.

Malfar
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Kaldath!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.