Tiberius' Character Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tiberius' Character Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Vengeance
    Participant

Bolt good looking design great speed effect,

Suleman
    Participant

Great pose! I love how it gives such an impression of motion with the arm and leg placements. I especially like the back arm.
    The effects are a neat idea, though they make the whole image a bit busy, there’s so much going on at once. I’m not entirely sure what to do about that. The picture is still very good, though.

Tiberius

@Vengeance – Thank you for the compliments, my friend! I had to mess with the position of several parts (limbs and to some extent the background as well) to really make it look like he was actually running. Glad you like it!

@Suleman
    – Thanks for noticing the back arm, I custom built the top half of it as I wasn’t able to get a good effect with anything that was available. At one point I switched out background effects to see what I liked as I had a slight feeling that it might be too busy as well. I finally felt this was  going to work for now and maybe by the time I try another speedster/running pose, I will have some new ideas stored away that I’ll want to try.

cliff
    Participant

Tiberius
    Can I say you sound like a kewl and yet anoying guy?
    First off your incredibly humble “still have a lot to learn here with all the ‘tricks’ and neat things that are possible to do with the HM, so be patient with me.”
    yeah right. Whatever .

“I used to draw a lot when I was younger”
    Very kewl. I did too.

“have been tested with ‘perfect’ color vision”
    And here I am legally blind *sigh*

” like to play tabletop RPG’s. There will be some from the Pathfinder game and eventually many that will be for use with a superhero RPG we will soon be trying out.”
    I love RPGs
    Just recently started playing Pathfinder about a month ago. You might have seen Aulos my Fawn Bard in Cliff’s Eclectic Mayhem.
    I have played Marvel, Mayfair’s DC, and several other super hero ROGS over the years.

An  the biggest reason I want to kick ya in the gentiles, one moneth and you creations are EXCELLENT. I mean great costume design,  emblem, color, already doing advanced pose and shading.
    I have been doing this for … crap 6 years, and ya already way passed me.

I’d hate ya if I didn’t like ya already. 🙂

“Half-Elf Cleric/Paladin of Sarenrae from our Pathfinder game, Vitas.”
    Friggin’ beautiful

Same with Thonn, friggin beautiful

Hailia. Great costume,and love the shadow hound particularly the head.

Lil’ Vinny. Love the use of the shades, muschem cigar, chin stubble  skinny body, the untucked shirt, thin arms with forearm hair, the  no dout FAKE Rolex, baggy slacks, dress shoes … then the sad pitiful attempt to be a tough cowboy with a cowboy hat, duster without sleeves (he should know to cover those pittiful arms), and glaves. He has a totally weasel-ly city guy trying to be bowboy look. The simple circle background red desert sand and orage sunset is so effective.

Bolt. He’s pretty awesome as your others. Very dynamic as a Speedster should be.
    The lightnning belt and legs are inspired, gets color and effect. I like the shirt cause … well I like men’s chest LOL 😀
    I have MINOR nitpics. you might use a mouth with a darker top lip that bottom. and you miight make the lightning thinner, by takeing the outlinme and shifting it to 0 so it would be invisable.

All in All, Superb … and I hate you for it.  🙂

ams
    Participant

All great concepts so far!  Don’t worry about the little things.  Every pic will bring out lessons learned and something new.

Recommend you read this article for posing

ARTICULATED MAN by Sean David Ross

Helps with some basics.  Looking forward to what ou post next!

Cheers!

Tiberius

@ Cliff – Thank you so much for everything in your review. I will try your suggestion on the lightning effect and see how that looks (in the morning after I get some much needed sleep!).

I would also like to add here that I feel each gallery I have been able to look at so far offers very unique art. Each one is like a breath of fresh air when I look at them because time and time again I catch myself thinking how wonderful it is to be able to see how each person expresses themselves. Cliff, you are a perfect example. Many of your art works are truly unique and amazing and I can tell you (and others here) that I have seen a lot of awesome art that I’m not sure I would have ever thought of making. So thank you for that!

@ ams – Thank you kindly for the advice. I get what your saying about each pic brings out lessons learned, very true. Thank you also for the link. I was able to read that about a week ago and I think I have one completed character with a little dynamic posing to him. I just started a second one this evening, but have a ways to go on finishing it.

It was the ‘Articulated Man’ thread where I saw your ‘name’ and eventually started looking into your thread not too long ago. There are a LOT of pictures to go through in there (all of them AMAZING so far). I’ll be posting there soon when I get through them all.

Time for sleep!

Tiberius

Here’s one I didn’t save a text file for and it was originally too many KB’s to post so hopefully after some cropping it will work here. If it works, it started out as me messing around with wings and eventually developed into an actual character.

Here is Sarim.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiberius

And here is a winged character I actually intended to do. She is one of my favorites because I had her concept in my mind before I ever started her. Among obvious abilities like flight, she has very high resistance to cold, has darkvision and has control over the wind elements.

She is rarely out of her domain far in the Northlands and has a snow tiger (Lilly) who is her constant companion.

Lastly, I actually wanted some abs on this character so I went the route of constructing them myself with shading/highlights, so if they look odd that’s why.

Here is Snow Angel!

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Great shading as usual, love how you’ve done the abs

Tiberius

@ JR – Thank you for the compliments, glad you liked the abs! I was hoping I wouldn’t come back a few weeks later and not like how they looked.

Candruth

I love the makeup and the colors. Great work 😀

Tiberius

@ Candruth – Thank you kindly! Working on Snow Angel was definitely more fun than usual. Everything seemed to just ‘flow’ when I was creating her.

Tiberius

Here is a character for our ‘potential’ superhero game. He is made of solar energy which produces some fire as well. This was my first attempt to make fire. I have a ways to go to get better with it as I have seen some really good fire effects on here from other artists.

This character can be used for either good or evil in the game. Here is Sunburst.

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

Great effects! I like how you essentially made them part of the costume, in a way. Also, nice minimalistic design, both memorable and powerful.
    Kinda reminds me of Sunfire’s design in Marvel’s “Age Of Apocalypse”:

Tiberius

@ Suleman – Thank you for the comments! Is that Sunfire that was in the new mutants (I think the group was called) years ago? I am really out of touch on about 80% of the Marvel characters now-a-days. That is a cool design, especially on the fingers.

My original idea of what few armor pieces Sunburst wears is that it was very absorbant of light, which is why it has little to no light reflection (hopefully I described that correctly). That’s actually true more so in the chest piece than the limb pieces. It also helps hold his power levels in check.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.