Things I Do When I Don’t Sleep

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Things I Do When I Don’t Sleep

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Myro
    Participant

Next is Antonio “Tony” Garza, a native Californian of Mexican descent, whose family lived in the San Diego area since it was part of Mexico. Tony is Marshall’s friend from high school, and has studied music and drama at San Diego State. In addition to his day job, Tony does sing professionally, and sometimes does some acting.
    Because of his skill set, Tony is occasionally called on to work infiltration by the group, given his ability to find ways to fit in almost any environment.
    tony1.png

ams
    Participant

Cool pics and storyline!

Myro
    Participant

Thanks. Wait till I actually start writing (I hope).

Myro
    Participant

So far, the characters from my story line have been outsiders to the Shadow world. The next few characters seem to have some prior connection to it.

First of all is Christiana. A wealthy, but reclusive lady, she is the first to explain the shadow world to the others. She seems knowledgeable in magic, but she also seems to be hiding something from the others. While she rarely debases herself to engage in actual combat, she does favor a 14th century Masamune katana, which she claims is enchanted.

christiana.png

I am open to critique, particularly in regards to perhaps softening her features.

Myro
    Participant

Updating Christiana as per suggestions from Jeff from the last Open Critique Day.

christiana1.1.png

Myro
    Participant

Been a while since I updated this gallery. I haven’t been Heromachining as much lately, and I also got sidetracked on another project that won’t be seeing the light of day here, both because it might violate copyright rules, and because admitting to familiarity to the original material could be a little embarrassing. That’s all I’m going to say on the subject.

Getting back to my story characters, I’m introducing Miss Lillian, employed as Christiana’s assistant. Miss Lillian is a half-elf, and was raised on a elven commune near Temecula. As a bit of whimsy, I gave her glasses. This would seem strange for a character with an elven background, but since she’s half-elf, I’ve made her a little farsighted. So while her aim with the bow is impeccable, and she can make some insane long-range shots, she is incapable of reading or making out detail less than a foot away without her glasses. In addition to her archery skills, Miss Lillian is a capable mystic healer.
    miss_lillian.png

Myro
    Participant

Miss Lillian 1.1, with adjustments as suggested by ams. Redid the arm placement and grip on bow and arrow.
    miss_lillian1.1.png

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Nice! Really cool conceptCool
    And she does look a lot better with the fixed arms.

Myro
    Participant

Okay, last one for a while. I’ll probably start importing my gallery from the Ugo forum after this.

Thirteen is a Grey Elf, the offspring of a forest elf mother and her forced impregnation by his dark elf father. Grey Elves, as a rule, do not exist as an established race, and are often the product of rape.
    Although taken in by his mother’s commune, it was apparent he was unwanted, and Thirteen (his real name has been long forgotten) escaped out into the world at a young age. At some point, he was captured by a Dark Elf house in New Orleans, and raised there as a slave, inducted into their society in the limited way a slave would be. It was then that he received his tattoos.
    As a Grey Elf, Thirteen had managed to interact with the outside world during the day in a way that his house never could. By doing this, Thirteen had managed to gain contacts with arms dealers in his early adult life that helped arm his house, but eventually he used the weapons to kill off the house nobles, and escaped to San Diego.
    Thirteen has used his contacts to earn enough money to buy a nightclub that caters primarily to the Dark Elf population of the city. While he is associated with the San Diego house, he is not actually a member as either a slave or commoner.
    Thirteen’s motivations are unclear, and his ultimate loyalties are unknown. Like many Grey Elves, Thirteen feels unwanted by the world.
    thirteen.png

Not completely sold on the image. I’ve been playing with it for a while, but it will go up on the next OCD for some advice.

Myro
    Participant

Scratch that, I’m also trying to make a few interpretations of the Thrusts of Justice characters. This is Ox.

ox.png

Myro
    Participant

After a bout of Open Critique Day, Thirteen has gone through some revisions. Here’s the final result.

thirteen2.1.png

Myro
    Participant

Wow, is it Thursday already?
    Taking a crack at the other two characters so far from Thrusts of Justice.

Cosmic Guardian (you may notice he has a familiar color scheme)
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/myro/2012/05/cosmic-guardian.png

Nightwatchman
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/myro/2012/05/nightwatchman.png

Myro
    Participant

Okay, I’m going to spend the next little while moving things over from my Ugo account, bit by bit. I’m going to start with Fluke.

Most of the designs are on the older side, and I didn’t work too much on posing. As we move on, you’ll find I start experimenting a little more.

Fluke is my main character in our current RPG campaign. Originally Brian Hascovec, he gained his powers from the Olympian goddess, Tyche, during a car accident that nearly killed him. He’s got a quick healing factor, psychic powers, and he’s unnaturally lucky. He’s also taught himself parkour and free-running. Now he’s a superhero and crime fighter with the hero team “Fusion.”

Fluke is also the first character I created with HeroMachine 2, although it took a while to upgrade him to HM3.

This is his warm weather clothes:

fluke1.jpgfluke1.png

Myro
    Participant

This is Fluke’s cool weather costume, which is essentially his warm weather costume, with a jacket. The design is supposed to be old school, and is, in his words, “Green Hornet mixed with a leprechaun.”

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/myro/2012/06/fluke2.JPGhttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/myro/2012/06/fluke2.png

Myro
    Participant

And finally, Fluke’s cold weather costume, which is a little different than the other two. He is wearing boots instead of shoes, and traded in his bowler hat for a top hat, inspired by Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.”

Fluke3.jpgfluke3.png

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.