The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Reactor Core (The Atomic Punk’s Archive)

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 492 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Congrats on reaching quadruple figures in the posting department mate.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Congrats on reaching quadruple figures in the posting department mate.

Yes, congrats indeed. That’s a lot of posts. I hope that I have that many some day. Also Lei-Kung is awesome, really digging the way you did the lightning/thunder in the background.

prswirve
    Participant

Ahhh… Bathory!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@JR19759 & Jeimuzu: Thanks, though I feel that I am not as active these days.

@Jeimuzu
    : Thanks again, a bit of experimenting with outlines.

@prswirve
    : If I ever settle on a direction, I will post more.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯30- 50 States Of Play

Any extremely confusing and rushed design.

Oklahoma Rose: Rigger and Vigilante

AtomicPunk-OklahomaRose.png

DiCicatriz
    Participant

I like her! She’s very colorful, which is always nice :)

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@DiCicatriz said:

I like her! She’s very colorful, which is always nice http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Thanks, DiCicatriz. I was going for the Oklahoma state colors of green and white with the University of Oklahoma’s maroon. She looks like a Christmas tree. Like I said, last minute idea. Neither cloth nor thread wasted.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Chickadee: Crime-fighting Flapper from Medford, Massachussetts

AtomicPunk-Chickadee.png

Close-up
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/08/AtomicPunk-Chickadee_cu-1.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Very cool, I love the idea of a Flapper superhero. You really nailed the Flapper look, I wonder what super powers she has.

Harlekin

@The Atomic Punk said:

I bent / broke a rule on this one: no real-life person. A simple name change would have avoided that. One could argue that historical figures are “public domain.” Countess Elizabeth Bathory died in 1614… or did she? As some know, I have an unfinished space opera called “The Three Sisters.” Maybe some day I will publish it.

The “quick rundown”:
    Our solar system has the most active wormholes of any in the known universe. Various aliens use them as way stations, jump points, and even battlefields. One particular race called the nuppa used their technology to enslave earthlings to fight their wars. These abductions gave rise to human tales of elves and fairy folk haunting the woods of Central Europe.

The nuppa were highly skilled in cloning technology. Their scientists decide to build a cloning facility in Hungary. In exchange for secrecy, they agree to teach one human the art. That human was Countess Elizabeth Bathory who begins her own experiments. When she is locked in the tower for her crimes, the nuppa take her to their planet. The official records say that she was found dead when in fact what they found was a lifeless clone.

Upon her arrival, Elizabeth is tasked with cloning more humans to fight the nuppa’s wars. Instead, she designs a plague that kills nearly every nuppa on the homeworld. When the male humans insist on ruling, Elizabeth unleashes another plague. The only inhabitants remaining are women of both species.

The Countess was pleased. She set about building her new empire. With the use of cloning technology and artificial conception, Elizabeth created an all-female society with humans ruling over nuppas. Almost five hundred years later, her dynasty thrives as the military of House Bathory will soon destroy the last resistance on the solar system’s other two inhabitable planets.

Empress Bathory
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/08/atomicpunk-empressbathory.png

Close-up
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/the-atomic-punk/2013/08/atomicpunk-empressbathory_cu.png

EZ KURVA JÓ (Don’t translate it)

Atomic this is awesome i really interesting the more story of Erzsé and Rebeka (hungarian mode) and the three sister saga.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Jeimuzu: Thank you. I designed Chickadee for the Character Challenge. Didn’t give much thought to her origin or actual powers. Probably something magic-based as I often use green energy to represent the supernatural and psychic. I have added her to my meta-verse.

@H@RLEK(!)N: And thank you. I have not been satisfied enough with the actual story to post it. How Elizabeth went from Hungarian royalty to Empress of a solar system would be the first book. It would be an expanding universe over several books after that! As for Erzsé and Rebecka, yes, I have more ideas for them. They are also going through re-writes.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I was feeling particularly lazy and predictable. From Baltimore, Maryland, an Edgar Allen Poe-inspired pyrotechnic…

Nevermore
    Pose by headlessgeneral

AtomicPunk-Nevermore.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Character Design Contest ♯31- Same Old Song And Dance

Design something musical. First up, a nod to Brit-punk. I like the logo so much, that I had stickers made. Not for sale just decoration. I slap them on packages that I ship from work.

Ranting Roger
    AtomicPunk-RantingRoger.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Metal legend and father of four.

Doomsayer
    AtomicPunk-Doomsayer.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Three versions of a side character in my meta-verse. Cherrie Hart is a pop icon. Though she has no direct interaction with any heroes or villains, her ubiquitous presence serves as an “anchor.” Akin to a comic panel with the Eiffel Tower in the background. The reader knows that the setting is Paris. If there is a Cherrie Hart poster or billboard in the background, the reader knows that he or she is reading one of my stories.

Cherrie Hart, HM 3.5, designed for CDC #31, 80s Retro
    AtomicPunk-CherrieHart.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-CherrieHart_cu.png

Cherrie Hart, HM 3.5, designed for my brother’s step-daughter (my favorite design)
    AtomicPunk-CherrieHart_v1.png

Close-up
    AtomicPunk-CherrieHart_v1_cu.PNG

Cherrie Hart, HM 2.5, original unnamed character
    AtomicPunk-Celebrity_hm25.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.