Tell my story

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 298 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/gargantua/2013/04/tron.png

Síochán
    Original Character Design by Gargantua, Story by The Atomic Punk

Dia duit ar maidin… good morning. They say that you are most certainly not from County Clare. That you traveled far to walk the Cliffs of Moher. Such a beautiful place, it is.

I know why you are in my presence, outsider. The path that you chose led you to me. Behold the wealth, power, and beauty for which you pined. Your dreams made real. Your fantasies fulfilled.

Coming to the Cliffs of Moher was the only effort you put to obtaining this prize. You thought that there was an easy way. So you took a leap of faith rather than the long walk along the western seaboard.

Lazy little man, know now that this is delusion. I am apparition. That this is your last wish. The cruelty that you inflicted on yourself is near its end.

Oíche mhaith, codladh sámh… good night, sleep well.

Gargantua
    Participant

Surprised such… poetic and beautiful
    I have to confess that I hoped to give You a hard time with this but the way you interpreted it make me really impress. You are really very good with this.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

My pleasure, Gargantua. Yes, it was a challenge! I appreciate your comments and the opportunity to write.

Harlequin, she was very inspiring!

Thanks to all for reading this blog. To be honest, this is a lot tougher than initially planned!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/lucjc/2013/04/Patient-666.png

Patient 666
    Original Character Design by Luc; Story by The Atomic Punk

Doctor Sheppy was visiting the Sunderlin Wellness Center at the invitation of Doctor Polyxena. The host had a most peculiar case for his psychologist friend. Something about Polyxena made Sheppy apprehensive. Polyxena was usually reserved and studious. Frankly, Sheppy always found him to be a rather cold fish – until today. Polyxena was twitchy, almost giddy. The professor worried that Polyxena had succumbed to the pressure of running the clinic. Perhaps, the psychiatrist had “prescribed” himself medication for his nerves.

“Come, I have one more thing to show you, my dear Sheppy,” said Polyxena.

The two walked toward a small adjunct behind the main facility. Sheppy felt moisture on his back where Polyxena had given him a re-assuring pat. Polyxena’s palm is really sweaty, he thought. Sheppy looked to his right. His observation proved correct. Polyxena was pale and moist. He was sweating so much that his skin glistened in the cool October air.

They entered from the south. The adjunct was a single windowless room with no chairs. Monitors filled every wall. They were obviously closed-circuit security cameras. Those on the north watched inside the Sunderlin. The monitors on the west kept an eye on the campus grounds and parking lot.

To the east, they seemed to train on a single room. These monitors were color not black-and-white like the others. Sheppy focused in that direction. He was startled by the sound of Polyxena shutting the door behind them. Sheppy heard the click of at least three automatic locks.

“What’s going on, then?” the psychologist demanded, trying to hide his fear.

Sheppy noticed that the south wall was covered in what appeared to be ancient runes. Symbols repeated, especially those that lined the door’s frame. Being a learned man, he recognized some as pagan. The patterns seemed to represent some sort of…

“Binding spell, dear chap,” Polyxena said. Sheppy realized that he had been muttering to himself. His friend continued. “Yes, this is where our special guest stays.”

Sheppy looked around the room. On the floor was an area rug with many of the same runes. A trapdoor leading to a cellar?

“Bloody hell, Polyxena, what is the meaning of all this?!?”

“Look to the east wall. You shall see.”

All of his years in clinical and practical research did not prepare Sheppy for what he saw. Pictured in the monitors was a red-skinned girl with blanche hair… and leathery bat wings!

“Polyxena, what is she?!? A demon… a succubus…”

The psychiatrist cackled gleefully. “Oh, she is not that powerful. Not yet, she is so young. She is but an imp. Though she is quite intelligent and persuasive. To pass the time, and to stave off her… more aggressive tendencies… she has been reading a lot of your work. She is most curious to meet you. Would you like me to introduce?”

“Why, yes, Polyxena, thank you. This is a rather unique situation.”

“Yes, for the other scientists and scholars, it was also a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/04/TOUGH-GIRL.png

TOUGH-GIRL
    Character design by WMDBASSPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk

What did I tell you people? You can’t just walk in here. Power Woman, I knocked your sorry butt into Dimension 12 last week. “The Most Lethal Assassin in the Realm?” Ha! Strangled you with your own stupid rope. Long live the King!

You’re all a bunch of losers. Amazon… you were all bad until you came up against a real warrior woman. Slapped you silly. Jungle boy… please. Not only did I find the lost temple; I retrieved the Eye of Quztatl. It’s sitting in my private collection while you’re digesting in some giant anaconda’s belly.

I saw you sneaking up behind me. Thinking that you would catch me with my guard down. Give my regards to the Master. Tell him that playtime is over. Right now, I have to pay some bills.

“Hey, Lyle, put down the camera. I think that I have a slogan for our new jeans ad.”

prswirve
    Participant

Haha that was hilariously cool! Let’s see what’s your take on this one.

prswirve_immortal_panel_1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Great story! Too cool! I’ll give someone else a chance now, but I’ll have another for you soon.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I hope readers are enjoying these half as much as I am.

@prswirve
    : I see a lot of influences in your design. Challenge accepted!

Harlekin

Atomic Punk i personally enjoyable your stories. I give you my permission if you find any of my illustrations good to give a story than pls do it. I’m not good with the english but i think my illustrations show what i want to tell it.

I personnally want to see what you think for this picture.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/tarkabarka/2013/04/Harlequin_I_Think_I_Love_You.png

Előre is köszönöm, Your stories are greats.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Here give this guy a go if you wouldnt Mind
    TankTank.jpg

DC-Lover
    Participant

P.S the Irish backstory ya did…As an Irishman I must say Well done on the research ya did

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

This one was hard because I have been following your series. What more can I add to such a beautiful story? Here goes.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/prswirve/2013/05/prswirve_immortal_panel_1.png

The Immortal
    Original Character Design by prswirve; Story by The Atomic Punk

Ummm… hello, there. How are you? I’m sorry. I need to catch my breath. See, I’ve been running for days. And, ummm… uh… well, days… literally. I have all of this energy that I’m trying to get rid of. You seem dumbfounded. Are you okay, yourself? Hello? Can you hear me? Wait, you can’t. Oh, you’re deaf. Can you say something? You’re mute as well.

Gee, ummm… well, you wouldn’t like the sound of my voice, anyway. It’s not the mask. I’m no choirboy. Oh, got that right. You’re the first person that I’ve talked to since my mistake. Hey, you’re a good listener. Ha!

My master was experimenting. He wanted to concoct the Elixir of Youth. And he almost had it. The chemicals were volatile. And, well, I spilled them. The explosion destroyed the lab. Killed my master. Burned my face. That was… about two hundred and twenty-two years ago…

I survived, obviously. With all of this energy that I can’t exhaust. This is the first time since the accident that I have ventured forth. I was hoping to spend myself. Just unleash this engine, wear out this battery. Battering trees in the forest, running across the plains, smashing into walls. It’s just no use. I can’t stop.

What’s that? You want to play? I’d rather not. I know what happens next. I’ve watched others die, yet I carry on. There’s no reason for me to make acquaintances. Why bother? Why complicate things even more? I need to focus this energy.

My, you are insisting. I guess that I can stay for a bit. When the sun sets, it’s time for you to go home. Then we must part. You will never see me again.

Thank you for the flower… friend.

Perhaps you could tell this guys story.

BrokenWing-1.png

prswirve
    Participant

Wow that’s an amazing story telling my friend! It adds depth to the character. Thanks so much!

And headlessgeneral’s character… really great work buddy! I can’t wait to hear his story as well…

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@prswirve said:

Wow that’s an amazing story telling my friend! It adds depth to the character. Thanks so much!

And headlessgeneral’s character… really great work buddy! I can’t wait to hear his story as well…

You’re welcome. This is a nice change of pace for me. Honestly, I am so blown away by other HMers’ creations, that awe has given way to dismay. I just can’t compete! Wink

Next up: Harlekin’s “I Think I Love You.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.