Suleman's creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Suleman's creations

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 388 total)
  • Author

Suleman
    Participant

This is an NPC from the Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader game I’m in.

Lieutenant Hannelotte Braun is the second in command of the Impostor’s security forces. She has been serving on the Impostor longer than the ship’s records can tell. Careful research has confirmed: Braun is old as balls. While she doesn’t talk much about her past, it’s clear that she used to serve in the Imperial Guard over several campaigns and only lost half her body in the process. An impressive feat.

She is so old that her health and appearance have started to deteriorate, despite her rejuvenation treatments. Her cyborg parts are also ancient, and don’t function quite as well as they used to. Her prosthetic jaw makes her talk with a slight lisp. Her cybernetic eye often wanders and she has to manually correct its position. One of her legs is stiffer than the other, forcing her to use her modified laser cannon as a crutch.

Despite her health issues, her mind is still sharp. She used to be the chief of security before Holt took on the job, and provides valuable counsel as well as very effective fire support.

Bonus: A height comparison of the security crew officers I’ve made so far.

Suleman
    Participant

Added some more skulls and unnecessary detail to make this a proper Warhammer design.

RobM
    Participant

Terrific. The design details convey a ton of character.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Yeah I’m loving these Warhammer characters too. Color work is brilliant.

Suleman
    Participant

Thank you very much, RobM and Lady Amaranth. Coming from you, the color compliment means a lot, considering your amazing colors.

I’ve been trying out new color ideas for a while. Using different line colors so that the thick black lines don’t seem quite so distracting, for one. Another thing I’ve been messing with is using unusual highlight colors. Highlighting whites with purples or browns, skin colors with reds, gray metals with blues and purples, browns and reds with yellows, etc. Light just interacts with materials in such interesting ways.

These are not new designs, per se, but I made some more custom Magic The Gathering cards based on some of my characters. Also made a few quick backgrounds for them.

Anarchangel
    Participant

As cool as the cards are, I can’t help but think these characters would be great in a video game. Something Final Fantasy-esque maybe?

Suleman
    Participant

Man, if Square Enix comes knocking on my door wanting to buy the rights, I’m not gonna say no, but until then we gotta work with what we have.

Here’s my Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader character, Nicodemus Holt, again!

This is from a bit later in our adventures. He got a new suit made in the colors of the lord-captain’s new Narses dynasty, and inherited a blessed suit of armor from the poor chaplain Helena who died saving his life. Very touching. He doesn’t really wear this suit on a daily basis, it’s a bit too flashy for his tastes.

Clothing-wise, he seems to be kinda like if Prince was a heavily armored space pirate. In terms of his physical appearance, I wanted him to look kinda like if Frederick Douglass played hockey professionally.

Suleman
    Participant

The Fisher is an evil mastermind, who

Hahaha, who am I kidding, this is just an old person with a lot of spare time. Just because the picture has ominous lighting doesn’t mean its subject matter is evil.

OR DOES IT?

But, no, seriously, this was just a posing exercise. Not super confident about the actual picture, so I tried to compensate with mood lighting.

RobM
    Participant

The pose feels natural to me. Well executed. Having the un-tailored t-shirt available makes a big difference. Most tops in the machine are nearly impossible to use for rear-facing poses.

Suleman
    Participant

Yeah, I considered using some more complicated piece of clothing, but the t-shirt was just the easiest way to go.

In other news, here’s Count Dorian, as part of an art trade.

The original can be found here.

Suleman
    Participant

The Autumn Archer is well-camouflaged.

I just felt like doing some heromachine stuff again, and I happened to think of an archery pose. The rest was just going with the september mood.

Suleman
    Participant

Oh hey, it’s Boneface and his alien cyborg horse.

…I don’t even know. I’ve got a major cold and my head barely works at all.

Suleman
    Participant

The Queen Of Karate

She can’t stop kicking things into smaller things!

This was mostly an exercise in posing and making backgrounds.

RobM
    Participant

RE: Queen Of Karate, her body language is natural and believable. The background perspectives are good.

Lady Amaranth
    Participant

Boneface is the s***. Js. Not sure about the rocks he’s standing on, but otherwise the whole piece is awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.