Seraph’s Playground

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Seraph’s Playground

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)
  • Author

Seraph

Long time lurker, first time poster! Hope to do this more often. Anywho, for my first post, I decided to play around with the crouching MaleAlt legs and create an archer. I haven’t decided on a name yet, but I’m leaning Red Hunter. The background might be a bit too busy, but I really wanted to see if I could do a good job with this particular pose. Pointers and suggestions would be very welcome!

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/seraph/2012/09/Archer-1.jpg

Legatus
    Participant

Welcome! Hope to see more of your work.

Seraph

For this character, I was attempting to do metamorphic affects. I wanted her to still be conventionally superhero attractive, but show the horror of what she can do. I didn’t give her a right arm. Instead, the character’s right arm is the energy orb. the red in the arm is blood that’s redistributing. I’ve also added a pattern to resemble splitting skin. The left arm is a male alternate arm that ends in a zombie hand. This her musculature mutated to increase her muscle matter and the skin hasn’t caught up to the skeletal formation in her hand. The left leg is a goat. Finally, I used a female stock face because I’m not so good at doing that yet.

The background is the factory where she encountered the gas that eventually mutated her and gave her these abilities.

Biohazard: Cassidy Emers is a graduate student who decided to volunteer for a scientific study. Things went south on the scientists and their experimental gas escaped into surrounding labs. Cassidy was amongst infected.

Biohazard has the ability to metamorph and her touch can cause others to spontaneously metamorph, which quickly becomes uncontrollable and eventually turns the infected into goo. Biohazard fears this fate for herself so is diligently looking for a cure.

Character update:
    Biohazard.png

You’ve got some interesting characters. Welcome to the forum!

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums, please be sure to read the forum rules.

Seraph

One of the more iconic characters, for me, from the pulp fiction era in the US was always the “brain in a tank” concept, so I tried to duplicate that here.

Meet Think Tank. Poor soul was caught in the same gas that mutated Cassidy Emers, turning her into Biohazard. Think Tank was a scientist named Joseph Stamfield, who worked on the gas that led to his doom and has become a bit insane from the process. He still works for Templeton Industrial in research and development, but his motivations have taken a darker turn. The full scope of his abilities have yet to be revealed.

Think-Tank.png

Harlekin

Hello in the forum. Interesting characters. Nice start. Keep on going.

Seraph

Mr. Twinkle and Playtime

Lester Templeton, aka Mr. Twinkle, is the founder, owner, and CEO of Templeton Industrial. Originally born in the early 1400s, Templeton has changed names, faces, and has aged and de-aged over the centuries to maintain appearance. Mr. Twinkle has magic-based, cosmic altering powers but he the size and scope of his alterations are limited. The overwhelming sense of restlessness and boredom led him to take a walk in the park, where he found a little girl named Natasha Weylon. Sensing her untapped and nearly unlimited magical power, he altered the cosmos to facilitate kidnapping her. Templeton has purpose in training his new daughter and apprentice how to focus and deliberately use her powers. He has world-altering aspirations and plans to create a death-inheritance cycle with Natasha. The ramification being that they endlessly alternate control over Templeton Industrial through the ages.

Natasha Weylon, now Templeton and known as Playtime, is reality altering powers. She thinks it and feels strong enough about it, then it happens. She’s still a child and has a child’s sense of adventure and wonder about her powers; as such and as part of her training, Playtime exclusively manifests her powers through toys. Her current best friend is a light saber-wielding dinosaur named Tommy that she created from her toys. Playtime is the reason that Templeton is now known as Mr. Twinkle. She loved the manifestation of his powers and had taken to calling him Mr. Twinkle. Because of this, reality altered in such a way that he is almost exclusively known as Mr. Twinkle and nobody knows how or why Templeton Industrial got its name. Even the placard on his door reads Mr. Twinkle, CEO; as do all of his business cards. Currently, Templeton is able to limit her, but once she reaches full maturity, not event he sky will be her limit.

Mr.-Twinkle.png

Playtime.png

Seraph

Margueax Parr, aka Flare can create and control fire. She was also affected by the gas released at Templeton Industrial. At the moment, she has no allegiance, but it’s possible that could change. At any rate, she loves her new powers and is rather careless with them.

Flare.png

Seraph

Robert Wallace, aka Cyclone, can manipulate the air around him to induce high speed wind effects or even slow the wind. The implications are that he can stop an opponent in their tracks by condenses the air around them and even suffocate them or he can literally blow them away. Aerospace engineer by day trade, he aspires to be a good guy, but collateral damage often turns the citizenry against him.

Cyclone.png

Weilyn

Really creative styff! Would love to see more!

The archer’s pose looks great!

Seraph

@Weilyn said:

Really creative styff! Would love to see more!

The archer’s pose looks great!

Thanks! I’ve been looking around and everyone here is doing some pretty cool things.

Seraph

The Rituals are a collective that embody specific concepts and their opposition. They are summoned via magical callings, but magic users summon them at their peril for they no one knows if they will choose to follow the spirit or the letter of the law. Such determinations can yield wildly varying outcomes. The Rituals possess free will and are their own agents with their own agendas.

I haven’t decided if there will be more or if these entities will have mundane counterparts who lend their souls to the Rituals. It would be like a timeshare…for souls.

Reverence is the embodiment of the warrior and the martyr. She will fight for you or die for you. Whichever she chooses, carnage inevitably follows in her wake.

Essence is the embodiment of life and death. He will grant you healing or ring the death knell. Regardless, there are always strings.

Radiance is the embodiment of protection and opposition. He will protect your or oppose you. His choice rarely ends well for the summoner, but there is always a chance it might.

Guidance is the embodiment of choice. She is the devil or the angel on your shoulder. Heed her whispers at your own peril for her advice bears a heavy toll.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/seraph/2012/10/Reverence.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/seraph/2012/10/Essence.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/seraph/2012/10/Radiance.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/seraph/2012/10/Guidance.png

Also, I didn’t put these behind spoiler tags this time. Is there a general preference for anyone who happens to view my gallery?

Weilyn

Really cool! I love the use of prime colours!

I prefer it when the pictures aren’t in spoilers, but I’m new here, so what do I know? Laugh

Scatman

Love your style very to the point.I really like the rituals but I dig flare alot,love the way ya placed the energys!Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.