Professor Anthrax’s Musty Old Barroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Professor Anthrax’s Musty Old Barroom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Prof.Anthrax

Hello, all. I figure it’s about time to open up the doors, so come on in and have a tall cool one.

I’m still fighting with the posting mechanics, so I’ll add something as soon as the system is willing.
    Yes, I’m following all the instructions in the tutorial. No, I don’t know why my system is unwilling to play along. Yell

Prof.Anthrax

No tutorial can work through a worthless ISP.

Herr D
    Participant

Good luck to you. I occasionally have cp probs too. I’m the only person I know to have had a Norton person on the phone to tell me I’d worn out my viruscide and needed another copy. I’ve had fairly good luck keeping my libr on Photobucket (free) and posting from there.

Prof.Anthrax

Thanks D, for both the moral support and the idea to go bucketing.
    Personally, I use AVG instead of Norton, but there are places much more appropriate to go about merits and demerits of each. Laugh

Prof.Anthrax

My first offering!Smile

This is a mild freestyle of a VBSS-tasked swabbie. VBSS means “Visit-Board-Search and Siezure”. These folks (Navy SEALs or Coast Guard) board other vessels for missions ranging from customs or maritime safety inspections to anti-smuggling and anti-piracy actions.
    VBSS.png

Prof.Anthrax

Inspired by the Singing Shark meme. No, I don’t think he’s quite so rude… In fact I think he’s rather of a crooner.
    Face it, you wouldn’t be surprised if his signature tune happened to be “Beyond The Sea”, would you?MrShark.png

Prof.Anthrax

Something a little different.
    According to theoi.com, she’s technically a centauris, but this isn’t the place for hair-splitting. When it’s all said and done, she’d just like a nice latte.
    .Taurie.png

Prof.Anthrax

Not intended, but The Beatles’ “Revolution 9” is to blame. And that’s the whole story.

Walrus.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Prof.Anthrax

Suffice it to say, this fellow isn’t someone you want knocking at your door at any hour. With a euphemisitc job title like “Bail Enforcement Agent”, he’s not asking to borrow a cup of sugar.

BondAgent2.png

Herr D
    Participant

Were you thinking Rutger Hauer? Of your ‘reglar peeps,’ your vbss guy is better. I think it’s the sunglasses. You should have him go to ‘professionally visit’ your sharkman, not knowing, have his sunglasses bitten off and need to defend himself or be rescued in the next frame by the vbss guy. Definitely needs action. The same problem is had by actors playing roles with sunglasses. They always come off as too mechanical or angst-ridden. –Of course, that did help Arnie’s performance in T1 . . .

ooh. Are you planning a sing-off ending in a real fight between your humanoid creatures? Mr. Shark could cover something by Great White, shown up by Wally with “All The Girls I’ve Loved Before,” etc? Kara-okey-DOKEY!

Blue Blazer
    Participant

@Prof.Anthrax said:

Not intended, but The Beatles’ “Revolution 9” is to blame. And that’s the whole story.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/prof-anthrax/2012/11/Walrus.png

Coo coo katchoo!

Prof.Anthrax

@Herr D said:

Were you thinking Rutger Hauer? Of your ‘reglar peeps,’ your vbss guy is better. I think it’s the sunglasses. You should have him go to ‘professionally visit’ your sharkman, not knowing, have his sunglasses bitten off and need to defend himself or be rescued in the next frame by the vbss guy. Definitely needs action. The same problem is had by actors playing roles with sunglasses. They always come off as too mechanical or angst-ridden. –Of course, that did help Arnie’s performance in T1 . . .

ooh. Are you planning a sing-off ending in a real fight between your humanoid creatures? Mr. Shark could cover something by Great White, shown up by Wally with “All The Girls I’ve Loved Before,” etc? Kara-okey-DOKEY!

Wasn’t thinking Rutger Hauer, honestly. At least you didn’t make a Duke Nukem accusation! Laugh

Prof.Anthrax

@Blue Blazer said:

Coo coo katchoo!

And for saying the secret word, Blue Blazer wins something from the Prize Closet! This time it’s… it’s the coveted Green-Rubber-Boot-Full-Of-Water Award! Don’t spill it all in one place! Smile
    Someone really should restock the Prize Closet…

Myro
    Participant

@Prof.Anthrax said:

Wasn’t thinking Rutger Hauer, honestly. At least you didn’t make a Duke Nukem accusation! http://www.heromachine.com/wpcontent/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Come get some!

The irony is that I haven’t played any Duke Nukem, as all FPS games give me simulated motion sickness.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.