ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Maaz
    Participant

Humans have entertained themselves for centuries on stories of fairies, ‘Fairy Tales’ as they call them. But little do they know, the Faeries are not tinkling litle beings with wings, but beings molded from the Old Magick, born from the spasms of the Other Realm. The Faeri are split into 71 clans, each as different as a cat is to a snake.
    This is a Bamoori, member of the Earthskein clan of the Faeri. He is strong and powerful, and like most of the Faeri, is attatched to nature. Unlike human belief, the Faeri connection to nature is not entirely benevolent- the Faeri also believe in the laws of nature, such as that the fittest survive, and thus hold great reverence for the fearsome power of nature. Bamoori is nearly thrice as large as a human, and can rip one to pieces with hands alone. Unlike many Faeri clans, the Earthskein do not use Magick, but it is in their blood. Like most Faeri, they are virtually immortal.
    Bamoori.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The Bamoori is awesome! I like the background story and great use of the items.

Herr D
    Participant

**Maaz: interesting that we both went green.

Origin of the vigilante ‘Kaktus’ is still disputed. Her custom desert bike and crossbow were altered on the site of a compound owned by a former cartel operative. After the DEA razed the place, but before they double-checked it, the forge was fired up. A rapist with machinist training was kidnapped from a maximum security prison and tortured for approximately three days while he was forced to ‘advise’ Kaktus on how to rebuild her transportation and weaponry from debris and spare parts. She ‘grows her own’ crossbow bolts out of her body and tips them with points made of aluminum cans.
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-Kaktus_zps62cca123.png
    How did she get him in and out of a prison and a compound under guard? All anyone knows about that is:
    1. There are cracks in the floors with root systems connected to groundwater.
    2. The groundwater connects to the same underground river from both locations.
    3. Both sites and the prisoner were covered with aloe when discovered.
    4. Kaktus’ spines and prisoner fingerprints were discovered at both locations.
    5. The prisoner couldn’t possibly fit through the cracks in the floors, was already a compulsive liar, and couldn’t have survived the travel time at the temperature of groundwater anyway.

Maaz
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

The Bamoori is awesome! I like the background story and great use of the items.

Thanks!
    And Herr D, it really is interesting that we both ‘went green’.

Keric
    Participant

Maaz and Herr D have gone with the battle of the non-humans this round, and while both have cleaver uses of the pieces given, I like
    Maaz’es best.

Maaz plz pick your 3 pieces

Maaz
    Participant

Thanks, Keric!
    So, here is MY CHALLENGE. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!
    Did I just luahg out loud? Sorry. I digress.

Partz.png

Herr D
    Participant

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Laugh

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-FlamingGoatsBlood_zpsfe200185.png

Maaz
    Participant

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Love it! Specially adoring the ‘triple fudge pie’ or whatever that is… that one took me by surprise… mind telling me where the mouth piece is? My glasses-wielding eyes can’t find it…

Herr D
    Participant

The fanged mouth is actually in two places. In almost pure white about a dozen times, slightly y-scrunched and x-stretched, it’s part of the whipped-cream icing–when you y-scrunch it, the fangs get dull. Then, very tiny about ten times, y-scrunched and overlapping in silver and light gray–the dessert fork handle’s silver pattern. The interesting thing about that grip is that ‘dividing’ a handle in half lengthwise makes masking less necessary. The lower half is on top of the hand and the upper half is below it.

I’m glad you like it, because I have a confession to make. The Triple Fudge Pie is pie in name only. It’s actually fudge cake cubes in ‘stiff’ (dry-gelled) pudding with large pure dark chocolate shards and chocolate and regular Redi-Whip and three kinds of chocolate sprinkles. There was never a pie crust. Smile

Maaz
    Participant

I suspected it was dessert…
    I also suspected the mouth in the cream topping, but that bit of the fork was pure genius. I certainly would not have the patience to pull that off… then again, I have fight with my self just to apply the most common details to my creations….
    And as a note to all those lazy people not unlike me reading this who still haven’t joined in, come on, send an entry, k? And if you send me a box of belgian chocolates to my secret hideout… well, I might be more inclined to give you the prize… Wink

Keric
    Participant

Kitarra is a kitsun warrior, who has just finished of a monster village and now she is at rest!kitarra-at-rest.PNG

Maaz
    Participant

Very nice. Specially love that fanged mouth belt.

Keric
    Participant

@Maaz said:

Very nice. Specially love that fanged mouth belt.

Thank you, the mouth belt and necklace tell the story of why the pants are ripped, It’s a new and welcome addition to my repitour!

Maaz
    Participant

Hello AGAIN, people! So… yeah, I only got 2 entries. So I’m going to choose one of them. Duh.
    Well, let’s compare the two pieces, aye? Both of you guys used the skull shoulder as a female top… which frankly took me by surprise. Both of you guys, come to think of it, made smokin’ hot chicks. Keric used the big rocky thing as, well, a big rocky thing. Meanwhile, Herr D managed to make a big rocky thing took appetizing in his cake or what ever that is. And while Keric’s piece had the fanged moths used very nicely as accesories (belt and necklace), I was amazed by Herr D’s very unique takes on the fangs, on both the whipped cream (yum!) and the fork.
    I think all of the Machiners around can make stunning pics. But for me, the beauty of this contest is that creativity is more important than any fancy finishing. While both were very nice pieces, I consider Herr D to have pulled the creaivity bit just a slight morsel better. It was an expressive work of art and it just won you this round. Goodjob, choose yer parts, and think this as a bribe for making me win next time *Put away the pitchforks and torches, people; I was joking*

Herr D
    Participant

Woohoo! Thanx, Maaz. Belated congrats on your green pic, btw.

I choose a backplane, a belt, and an ear! Attempt to put ’em here:hm3-beta7.png

fogblast, roundhipcups, twisty horn.

–Go!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.