Nug’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Nug’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 439 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Dinner maybe, something maybe not (if you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking then I don’t think it would be suitable for being posted ;) )
    But anyway, the new version looks awesome. The smoke face looks much better and the background is really cool. I think it’d be quite cool if you added the atmospheric circle I mentioned last time as the top layer, just to add a bit more atmosphere, but it’s up to you. It looks really good as is.
    Are we going to see a picture of the other girl at any point?

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yo dude, quick question. How did you do Merrick’s top? I’ve been trying to do something similar and I’m not having much luck.

Nug
    Participant

@ JR:
    Ok man bare with me as I explain this to the best of my ability.

You start off with the body…
    mbody.PNG

Then you mask this top to it…
    mtut1.PNG

Take these insignias and play around with them until they line up with you liking on the breast. Then mask each insignia to its own body.
    mtut2.PNG

Here I imagine is where I lose you when trying to figure it out…
    I’m gonna post this pick and then explain:
    mtut3.PNG
    The flap of fabric drooping from the breast is just a cape shoulder piece stretched till it looks good.
    The crinkles and folds in the bottom of the shirt are the belt pictured. Its also masked to a body. I include a pic with the mouse hovered over so you can see through it and kinda see how it lines ups. What you can’t see however are the insignias I used to cover up any lines I didn’t want to appear in the belt. I’m not quite sure how many it took. You may also notice in the picture there is another square insignia outlined in red near her legs. This is full body piece just masked to the insignia and hidden underneath the shirt used just to get the legs how i wanted.

I hope this helps JR. If you have further questions just let me know.

Nug
    Participant

Fallen:
    Fallen.PNG

Suleman
    Participant

Nice! I really dig that pose how natural that skirt looks. The wings are phenomenal, too, and the colors work together very nicely.

The one thing that bothers me slightly is the thick line between the torso and the arms. If you could figure out a way to integrate the arms to the body in general, this could be even better, though it is already excellent.

Nug
    Participant

@Suleman said:
    The one thing that bothers me slightly is the thick line between the torso and the arms. If you could figure out a way to integrate the arms to the body in general, this could be even better, though it is already excellent.

I figured it out… just didn’t do it. :P I’ll hook that up later ;)

Herr D
    Participant

Any more you do with post #273 you should probably put a copy in the Tips & Tricks or custom items threads. Nice work.

Nug
    Participant

@herr d: Thanks man! Where have you been lately? I haven’t seen you around.

Herr D
    Participant

@Nug said:

@herr d: Thanks man! Where have you been lately? I haven’t seen you around.

So many projects, so little time. I’ve started cocatenating posts, so I may not be as visible. I’m beginning to get back to Zephyr, though.

Stulte
    Participant

Fallen is beautifully put together.

Nug
    Participant

@Stulte:
    Thanks for checking it out man! I’m glad you like it!

Nug
    Participant

CDC: Hair

HDC: HDC.PNG

Nug
    Participant

The Blood Raven:
    The-Blood-Raven.PNG

JR19759
    Keymaster

All that masking to create the mask was definitely worth it. Awesome work.

CantDraw
    Participant

Those last two pictures are really great! Excellent detail work.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 439 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.