NOMINATIONS….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

ams
    Participant

I'll open with nominating “VIGILANCE” from FRM!

FRM

wow, thanks! Embarassed

Kaylin88100
    Participant

I second that nomination, Vigilance is great. Smile

Kaldath
    Keymaster

My only concern with starting up Hero of the week here on the new forums is that we do not at this time have anyone to create the polls, and judge the contest in the event of a tie. Jeff would be a perfect judge, but lets face it, he is extermely busy at this stage in life with his new job, running the Blog itself and looking after this forum as well the ugo forum. I think Hero of the week should be put on hold here until such time as Jeff decides to appoint some Moderators for these parts, if he decides he needs them.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Kaldath said:

My only concern with starting up Hero of the week here on the new forums is that we do not at this time have anyone to create the polls, and judge the contest in the event of a tie. Jeff would be a perfect judge, but lets face it, he is extermely busy at this stage in life with his new job, running the Blog itself and looking after this forum as well the ugo forum. I think Hero of the week should be put on hold here until such time as Jeff decides to appoint some Moderators for these parts, if he decides he needs them.

You've got a good point. I don't have a clue how this worked on the old forums, never having been able to get an account, but I do agree that we need some sort of system for judging it. Hmm…could we appoint a judge? And just count up the votes from posts? This requires some consideration.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

The Hero of the week contest on the UGO forums works like this.

You can not Nominate your own artwork, only the work of other Forums members

All Nominations most have been made using Heromachine, and must be free of any editing via photoshop or similar programs.

All Nominations must have an a story of at least 5 sentences to be considered.

Once 10 qualified nominations are made, Willypete the Moderator over on UGO would then put up a poll on the following monday which all forums members are able to vote on and which is open for one week.

At the End of the week of voting the member with the highest number of votes wins, and any non-winners who managed to gain at least 20% of the Vote are automatically entered into the next Hero of the Week contest.

In the event of a Tie, WillyPete has final say over who the winner of the tied contestants is.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

OK, thanks Kaldath Smile

Hammerknight
    Participant

I'm willing to judge. I have time on hand.

ams
    Participant

The HOTW poll in the old forum barely gets off the ground for a weekly winner. 

I say we drop the 5 sentence description/bio and bring it down to 5 noms a week.  Until the traffic gets busy here, I think the way the stardard is now we may as well change the name to “ Hero of the Month ” or ” Hero of the Year “.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

ams said:

The HOTW poll in the old forum barely gets off the ground for a weekly winner. 

I say we drop the 5 sentence description/bio and bring it down to 5 noms a week.  Until the traffic gets busy here, I think the way the stardard is now we may as well change the name to “ Hero of the Month ” or ” Hero of the Year “.

I am completely in agreement with this. I tried to get the 5 sentence requirement removed on the UGO forum, but WillyPete was against it.  Also I had considered changing the number of nominations also, to a minimum of 5 and max of 10 each week though I am flexible on those numbers. What do you think Hammerknight, since you volunteered to take on this task 😀  

Hammerknight
    Participant

I'm okay with removing the 5 sentence. Also Isia and I were just talking about Hero of  the month instead of week. We also were talking about the tie breaker being a one day vote off instead of just one person deciding the winner. What do you all think.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Hammerknight said:

I'm okay with removing the 5 sentence. Also Isia and I were just talking about Hero of  the month instead of week. We also were talking about the tie breaker being a one day vote off instead of just one person deciding the winner. What do you all think.

I am okay with going to a Hero of the Month format instead of Hero of the Week as it seems to be more of a Hero of the Month contest as it is already. Maybe if and when it gets more active here we can change it back to a weekly contest. If done on a monthly basis I think we will need to open it up to a larger number of entries every poll instead of just 10 ( and we will have to use Polldaddy or similar site for our polls here ) Perhaps having no limit on the number of entries a poll. 

Also HK, I sent you a private message here on the forums if you could take a looks at it and get back to me. 

Hammerknight
    Participant

I have some ideas for HoW/month, that I will get will Kaldath on this week. If we can I'd like to see the first one start on March 1st.

CKnap
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea guys, this forum is slowly growing. But it seems like a lot of the people dont comment much aside from us. Hopefully getting more things going like HOTW/month will get them coming in.

Hammerknight
    Participant

I hope so too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘NOMINATIONS….’ is closed to new replies.