No Copyrighted Material!

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery No Copyrighted Material!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author

barbario
    Participant

i completely understand and agree with the policy. but dammit i have done some awesome pictures of Hellboy and Blade and Buffy. I wish I cud show you guys my xenomorph. What if i just gave out my email address and if someone wanted to see them then they cud email me…

Vampyrist
    Participant

Or DeviantArt is an option if you absolutely have to make CR images on HM. Post them there and you do not violate rules of this forum. Then we follow you there and then people can see them. Rules aren’t violated and people can see your work, it’s a win-win.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist said:

Or DeviantArt is an option if you absolutely have to make CR images on HM. Post them there and you do not violate rules of this forum. Then we follow you there and then people can see them. Rules aren’t violated and people can see your work, it’s a win-win.

Accept that you can not post a link here leading to those copyrighted HM images on DeviantArt

dblade
    Participant

It should be okay to tell people your username on Deviant Art and they can find it themselves. Just no direct link. Please correct me if I’m wrong on this.

barbario
    Participant

well never mind. my comp crashed and ive lost everything.

Dionne Jinn

Ouch! I’m sorry to hear that, barbario. But these things happen…

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

How about a totally original character based on an existing concept? I made a Green Lantern in HM 2.5, which I named Knuckle Buster. The hourglass logo stands in for the lantern insignia, and he’s physically more like Puck from Alpha Flight. I also made a character named Iron Maiden, which is obviously based on Iron Man. Knowing that DC sued Marvel over Wonder Man, I’m not questioning her, but is my little G.L. safe to post? If not, where is a safe site to post them where HM and Jeff would not have any legal backlash but they can still be viewed by the HM community?

Hammerknight
    Participant

You can post it but you can not say that it is a GL is anything like it. You can make up a new name for the type of energy projector that his is. But you can not connect them with the Marvel or DC characters. You can post them else wheres but you can not post a link here to them.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, I can deal with that. After a little tweaking I’ll post him and leave it up to you guys. I’ll fully understand if you delete him and that will also give me a better understanding of what I can get away with. I won’t chance Iron Maiden. Maybe I’ll change her name and colors to post here and post the original elsewhere.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

I discovered a post today that was made back in November that someone made it past HammerKnight and myself that I deleted today for Copyright reasons. I Mention this only because I want to make something clear to the community from this point onward. Simply changing a characters costume coloring and or making a tiny alteration to logo/symbol of the character does not constitute an original character and will be deleted from these forums. If you make a red Darth Vadar it is still Darth Vadar , a Pink Superman is still Superman ect. Please don’t try to slip in copyrighted characters in this fashion.

Also I want to address something HammerKnight and myself have been seeing in regards to Star Wars characters. When these forum were first started there was a discussion on weather to allow Star Wars like characters to be posted here. We at that time decided to allow them so long as they were original characters and no mention of the Star Wars Universe was made, ie; No mention of Jedi Knights, Stormtroopers or any other Star Wars terminology. After some further discussion on the matter it was decided that characters Specifically made for the Star Wars table top role-playing game would be allowed to be recognized as such and Star Wars Terminology allowed so long as mention was made in the post that it was indeed a RPG character. As of late we have been seeing a great deal of envelope pushing on this issue Star Wars’esque Characters mentioning things such as being a Jedi, or a Rebel Pilot but without the “RPG Character” tag anywhere in the post. Until now we have let it go except for the occasional warning that the poster was getting close to breaking our rules. Well As of today as of 12:30 PM Eastern time any new posts made that Mention Star Wars Terminology but does not mention being a RPG Character will be deleted without warning

prswirve
    Participant

@Kaldath said:

We at that time decided to allow them so long as they were original characters and no mention of the Star Wars Universe was made, ie; No mention of Jedi Knights, Stormtroopers or any other Star Wars terminology.

Just to clear things up, so is it ok to make an original character holding a lightsaber as long as there’s no mention of it or any word relating to SW?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

That is correct. Call them Energy Swords, Laser Swords, Plasma swords, what-have-you just don’t call them Lightsabers unless you are putting a Star Wars RPG character on display. However if it is a RPG character I want to see words similar to “Here is my Star Wars RPG character” or ” This is _________ the character I played in my friends Star Wars campaign “

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

If I violated the rules with my entry for the “Wild Card” Quick and Easy Challenge, my bad. Especially now that Stars Wars: Episode VII is in the works and Disney is in control. Who needs clones when you have an army of lawyers?

Hammerknight
    Participant

Here is the way to do this, “IF” “you think” that it is, on the line, risky, iffie, close because of the color scheme, looks a lot like, is based off of, within the ball park, could be their twin/ brother/ sister/mom/dad/ great uncle’s second cousin” next door neighbor’s aunt’s best friend, might get removed, is close but maybe they won’t notice, just to cool and you are doing to post it any way just to get someone to look at it before it is removed, or that is is really close and you don’t care about the rules, then you may not want to post it. It is a lot easier to ask Kaldath or me about it in the first place. This is for all the “no nos” in the forum, nudity, bad language, copyright material, fighting with other members, high-jacking thread (posting pictures or jumping topic), or being rude. If you think that you should not post something then don’t post it. If you don’t want to ask Kaldath or me, then ask someone else, there are a lot of old timers out there that know the rules just as good if not better then we do. Just think, when in doubt keep it out.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Just to add to what HammerKnight has said above. I can be reached either here on the forums via Private Message or you can email me. My Email address is listed in the About Kaldath Section of any and all Posts I have made on the Blog part of the website: http://www.heromachine.com/ . If you are sending me a picture for my approval before to my email please Insert the image into the mail instead of sending it as an Attachment as I don’t like opening attachments from unknown senders.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.