No Copyrighted Material!

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery No Copyrighted Material!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Kaldath
    Keymaster

No, I have not as of yet heard back from Jeff on this, I’ll check with him and see if he has heard anything yet.

Dionne Jinn

Anything new on this issue?

CKnap
    Participant

Hey guys I have an question. Im looking to make my own Thor character but I wanted to make sure it isnt crossing the copyright line. Iv asked the question on yahoo answers and people say as long as it isnt the same character then im clear. And to be clear he will have similarities, the magical hammer, super strength and the lightning control. And as hes a Norse god in real mythology he cant technically be copyrighted only the one thats created can, so what do you guys think?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@CKnap said:

Hey guys I have an question. Im looking to make my own Thor character but I wanted to make sure it isnt crossing the copyright line. Iv asked the question on yahoo answers and people say as long as it isnt the same character then im clear. And to be clear he will have similarities, the magical hammer, super strength and the lightning control. And as hes a Norse god in real mythology he cant technically be copyrighted only the one thats created can, so what do you guys think?

Thor himself is not copyright-able, only the Version of Thor that Marvel has created. So long as you are not making him resemble the Marvel version. In fact the Mythological Thor is usually depicted at a red head with a red beard, and not a blonde like Marvels version.

haydock5683
    Participant

Hello guys i am a new member and i have made some pretty descent tmnt characters and i would love to post them to get thoughts from others but how can i do this without causing copyright issues or getting into some kind of trouble?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@haydock5683 said:

Hello guys i am a new member and i have made some pretty descent tmnt characters and i would love to post them to get thoughts from others but how can i do this without causing copyright issues or getting into some kind of trouble?

To be blunt, You can’t. Not here anyway. Any pictures, or links to pictures of copyrighted material made using heromachine is strictly forbidden on this site and will be deleted once myself, HammerKnight or Jeff become aware of them. I am sorry but you will have to look elsewhere for comments and feedback the the TMNT pieces but we all do look forward to seeing any and all original characters you have made with Heromachine.

haydock5683
    Participant

well that kinda stinks lol where can i post them i wont tag them with any kind of name i would just like to post them somewhere

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@haydock5683 said:

well that kinda stinks lol where can i post them i wont tag them with any kind of name i would just like to post them somewhere

There are plenty of photo sharing sites out there, If I do not know their policies on copyright but if I had to suggest a sight I would suggest Diviantart.com …. I most stress however no matter where you post this picture you CAN NOT post a link to them here on Heromachine.com.

Dionne Jinn

This might be an old strand of conversation, but did we ever get to anywhere about the issue of Star Wars based role playing characters? Or Dungeons & Dragons characters, for that matter?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@Dionne Jinn said:

This might be an old strand of conversation, but did we ever get to anywhere about the issue of Star Wars based role playing characters? Or Dungeons & Dragons characters, for that matter?

have asked Jeff about it again and waiting for his reply. I suggested to him that we should allow it so long as they are original characters and that it is stated clearly somewhere in the post that they are Star Wars RPG characters but We need to wait for Jeff to get back to me for the final word.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Ok, Here is the Official Rules about the Star Wars RPG Characters ( or any RPG ) … So Long as they are Original Characters ( No Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca etc ) and you make clear mention that it is a RPG character then you are free to post them.

Dionne Jinn

Okay. Cool! That is a perfectly sound and reasonable policy and shall be respected.

georgemiser

Quick question please. Does this ule count with classical works such as Poe and Dickens?

Dionne Jinn

Why should it, if the author has been dead long enough for the characters be considered to be in public domain? Like anyone is free to make a Zorro. At least that is the idea I use when working on characters from Emilio Salgari’s novels.

Hammerknight
    Participant

As long as the character is in public domain it is okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.