My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 299 total)
  • Author

Hammerknight
    Participant

I think it is really close with the color scheme and the name tagged to it. I think it will be better to take it down and rework it some.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

No problem. I do this purely for fun, not to promote myself as an artist, so I would rather remove something than get booted out of the forums or off the site entirely.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

TEST SUBJECT 002. I had a fairly involved back story for her linking her to another character, (see Big Deal in my Heros All thread), but I almost uploaded the wrong image. I hit cancel and lost the back story and because I make this stuff up as I go along, I’m not up to doing it again. Anybody want to take a stab at providing a back story for her or any of my characters, feel free. I might make something else up and add it later. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/TEST-SUBJECT-002.png

Herr D
    Participant

Test Subject 002 for the Reoxygenation Method was found wandering the streets, muttering under breath. Clothing was unremovable, hair was impossible to dye over. Odd cracks in skin were unexplainable. Since the subject appeared to be dying of cellular breakdown of an unknown cause and nature at an unheard-of rate, The Project took the subject immediately. In the hypobaric chamber, the subject became violent and broke several thousand dollars worth of sensor equipment. The Reoxygenation Method not only saved the subject’s life, but began to produce symptoms of acclimation, as if the subject had been exposed to extremely unusual conditions for an extended period of time.

No explanation for the subject’s lack of a navel has been accepted by The Project’s panel of scientists . . .

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Wow! Though it doesn’t really tie her to Big Deal in the way I originally made up, I really like your back story, Herr D! Feel free to go for any of my other characters.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, as best as I can remember, I’m going to try the back story for Test Subject 002, again. I must admit, I like what Herr D came up with. Unknown to him, Sgt. Lincoln Kennedy was not the only survivor of that IED explosion in Iraq. Pvt. June Williamson suffered pretty much the same experiences as Kennedy, with the same results. The main differences are that her scarring is not as severe, she did not gain the increased muscle mass like Kennedy, and she seems to be totally unaware of her situation. But she also somehow absorbed and metabolised the radiation in her body. Only autonomous brainwave functions are registering on her EEG’s. Whether the accident removed her memories or she withdrew deeply into herself to deal with what has happened to her is unknown. Except for a brief, violent outburst after coming out of her coma, she has shown no signs of recognition, nor any reaction to external stimuli. While she is not thought to be as strong as Kennedy, (while his strength limits are not known, he is known to be of at least Level 10 super human strength, able to press 10 tons), she is believed to be in the Level 2-5 range, based on the damage caused by her brief outburst. For that reason she is kept under 24 hour surveillance with a constant armed guard also present. Because she remains in a vegetative state the simple straight-jacket restraint, though archaic, is sufficient. It is the hope that her power can be utilized as the perfect super-soldier. With no personality and hence, no morality, it is believed that she will carry out any order without question.

Herr D
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

OK, as best as I can remember, I’m going to try the back story for Test Subject 002, again. I must admit, I like what Herr D came up with.

Thanx.Smile

block10, generic amazon woman?

This is the survivor of a strange discovery at a construction site deep in the jungle [location redacted.] An operator of a front-end loader was digging a foundation hole when he came up with half a body. Understandably upset, he notified authorities. There was a family underground. The man was chopped in half, leaving the woman and two children in some sort of stasis. After examination, the woman suddenly woke up. No one seems to be able to fully communicate with her. We believe she understands the man is dead, and has conveyed that the children must not wake yet.
    She constantly forages when allowed, searching for herbs and small animals, conveying signs that we believe mean ‘sick.’ When asked what keeps them in stasis, all she can do is show us spiders. . .

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Okaaaay! Herr D, are you trying to make an artist of me? LOL! As I said, I make this stuff up as I go along, but I really feel like elaborating on your story for the Amazon. How about some artwork from you with your story? That just screams “group shot” to me. Maybe the Amazon and the children, but I’m not there yet! I tried doing 2 characters together, (Big Deal and Test Subject 002), but scrapped it in frustration.

Herr D
    Participant

Thanx. Feel free to elaborate. I like the acknowledgement ‘conceived by.’ I’m overbooked with my story Zephyr in S-Hero fiction, Writer’s Room, but if you like I’ll try to build a scientist trying to explain what she meant by the spiders. That I might squeeze in soon. Grouping can be it’s own set of challenges–

Hey is your name ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction Bass Player?’

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

World’s Most Dangerous Bass Player. It’s an inside joke explained on the bio page of my website. I make a living playing music on the streets and in the subways of NYC, as well as teaching and playing in a few bands. One day, a cop that knew me told me I had to leave when I was playing in Times Square. “My captain wants the streets clean today. I have to keep the streets safe from you dangerous musicians!” We both had a laugh and I had a new stage name. I might just try my hand at plotting out a story based on your start, Herr D. I’ll stop by the Writer’s Room to check out what you’re doing.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

We all know the usual story of the original “Fallen Angel.” But what if he really didn’t fall? Would that make Lucifer the world’s first anti-hero? I wanted to make the hand in the upper right corner much bigger. Doesn’t quite come off as the Hand of God like I wanted. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/LUCIFER.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Another view of Lucifer, upright and closer. Also, another stab at a portrait. T-Byrd played guitar in the funk band I was in during the 80’s, The Funktion Freeks. He liked it!SmileLUCIFER-2.pngT-BYRD.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

No story here, just a tough-ass girl. Tough Girl could be a super powered metahuman or mutant. I don’t know yet. The inspiration was Jeff’s Chantel, Zombie Killer.TOUGH-GIRL.png

prswirve
    Participant

really nice concept on lucifer. nowadays, i suck at backstories. i envy your brains.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, prs. Don’t be envious, I just happened to always be good at English in school. Creative writing and crap like that, lol! If you don’t mind, can I look at some of your characters and see what kind of storys I can come up with? Also, as I look at Lucifer, I’m thinking of doing him over because I really don’t like how I did the face.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.