Magnus Maximus’s Imperial Imagination Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Magnus Maximus’s Imperial Imagination Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

There is no fixing to this incredible collaboration. Though I hate “parkour”… even “parcours”… so satisfying in “Punisher: War Zone” when he RPGs their stupid a’s… Dumb movie, smart use of rocketry.

Side-tracked… nope, awesome design, story is solid, pose is good, I really do like the character and helmet. He doesn’t seem afraid, helmet off or on… like he knows how to start and finish business. He is smart and tough. An agent, a spy, and a riot cop.

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Thank you sir! For smart, he’s a Harvard grad, and for tough, he’s a Marine. He’s a vigilante.

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Here’s Clayton Steele (the Night Watchman) in his Master Gunnery Sergeant’s uniform. To all you retired (or maybe active) servicemen on these forums, I apologize in advance because I know a lot of this uniform is probably inaccurate, but I did my best.

MGySgt-Clayton-Steele.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Really great design. US Marine uniforms (“Dress Blues”) are dark blue jackets, white gloves, not sure about the belt… I’ve seen white and red… pants are bright blue with a red stripe along the hemlines. White pants with blue hemlines are often for the Marine’s wedding (Navy / maritime) though most opt for Dress Blues.

ams
    Participant

Here’s my take on NIGHT WATCHMAN. It was alot of fun making the helmet for him and after tinkering with it some more and getting permission from Mag Max (Thanks!), I ended up doing a full character concept. Awesome character! Can picture him jumping from roof top to roof top, taking out baddies with his guns. I even had a vision of “chameleon mode” armor! That woud be cool. Anyway here he is. Cheers!

NIGHT-WATCHMAN-for-Magnus-Maximus.PNG

Download NIGHT-WATCHMAN-for-Magnus-Maximus.txt

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Wow, amazing! As always, better than mine.

ams
    Participant

No, the idea is what makes it great. You came up with the awesome original concept. Thanks again for letting me play with it.

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

You’re welcome! I always love your work. Hey, that reminds me: wanna help me come up with some villains for him? http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

EDIT: oh, and I like that “chameleon mode” idea. I’d love to see what you could do with that! Just throwing ideas around, of course.

livewyre1014
    Participant

I like both the concept and the design…awesome collaboration gentlemen!!!

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Thanks, livewyre! It was fun, not too difficult. And it was fun to see what AMS could do with it.

Weilyn

Great job, you guys!

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Thanks!

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

“Throughout history, people all over the world have had something in common: a birth defect. But not like autism or Downs Syndrome. Nearly undetectable, this defect causes the child in which it lives to manifest incredible abilities, far beyond the limit of ordinary humans. These abilities come in a very wide spectrum of forms, ranging from something as simple as, say, breathing underwater to something as potentially dangerous as the ability to manipulate time. Men and women with such powers as these have often inserted themselves into many positions of influence: political figures, celebrities, world leaders, and so on. They have gone by many names over the course of time. The ancient civilizations called them gods. Your children call them superheroes. People today call them freaks, because they are afraid and don’t understand them. I call them Anomalies. Many Anomalies can hide their powers well, making it that much easier for them to blend in with culture and society. Because of this, they can be anyone, anywhere. The old lady down the street. The girl sitting next to you on the school bus. The man a few cubicles down the hall from you at the office. Or even…right in front of your eyes. My name is Dr. Wesley Archer, and I am an Anomaly.”

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/magnus-maximus/2013/06/Dr.-Wesley-Archer.png

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

This is a monk who received horrid burn scars on his face and shoulder during a fight with an opponent.

hm3-beta-1.png

And the headshot:

Burned-monk.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Nice. I like how the ear is melted into his head. I’m sure the monk doesn’t, but that’s a cool effect and is exactly what happens to skin.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.