Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Herr D
    Participant

Ah. That makes more sense. Wait. I won? Surprised uh . . .
    This was originally for a Random Character Contest. The only time I’ve entered something I felt uninspired. Embarassed

Johnny Mindbreaker, felinoid wielding kitchen knife and automatic weapon. Psychic blasts to temporarily or permanently ruin others’ sanity.

I started to outfit him in black, and then my wife told me it would be much more arrogant to dress in bright colors, to advertise one’s willingness to be ‘invited’ to fight. What’s that phrase in the want ads? ‘Needs work.’ Frown

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/hm3/HerrD-JohnnyMindbreakerRND.jpg

Mad Jack
    Participant

Bitteschön:

JohnnyMindbreaker4HerrD-1.png

I’ve taken the liberty of interpreting some details a litte differently. Since he’s a cat-man I thought his psychic blasts might be transmitted via a powerful psionic roar. Also I gave him “slightly” bigger weapons – that knife of yours seemed a little too small to me for such a big cat… http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Let me know if you want to have the code for the image.

Mad Jack
    Participant

My contribution to the Character Design Contest ♯28:

MadJack-JupiterQuinn_pv.jpg
    Jupiter Quinn aka “Zeus” is a direct descendant of the original greek god Zeus and leader of “New Olympus” – a city-state concealed from the outside world by a powerful energy force field and the world’s most technologically advanced nation. He vowed to never rest until his people (the “Lost Gods”) are finally worshiped again.

SPIRIT RIDER
    SpiritRider_pv.png

(Not for the contest – no story yet)

Headshot:
    SpiritRider_hs.png

Herr D
    Participant

Johnny Mindbreaker looks much better. I think you won him. Yah. That’s easily enough improvement to say he’s yours. Thank you.

Mad Jack
    Participant

DROOG & MR. WHITE
    Droog+MrWhite_pv.png

Inspired by some great characters from literature and movies. I’m not entirely sure what to do with them but I think something like a criminal organization based in London. Maybe some sort of “cockney mafia”? I would be very grateful for suggestions of other characters that fit into the scheme of the image … ;)

Headshot:
    Droog+MrWhite_hs.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sorry, we don’t have mafia, we just have gangs. We also don’t really have mob bosses in suits all that much, more often black leather jackets with gold chains and rings, stuff like that (the mime guy fits quite well with that sort of aesthetic, not sure about the rabbit). I have to say though, I love the idea of a rabbit with Ray Winstons’s voice. (If you want ideas for cockney mob characters, watch any Ray Winstone or Guy Ritchie film).

Mad Jack
    Participant

@JR19759 said:
    Sorry, we don’t have mafia, we just have gangs.

Well, I think that’s what happens if you translate too literally from german to english. We use the word “mafia” in a much looser sense of the term for everything that has any semblance of organized crime. Like “Döner-Mafia” (kebab mafia) for some guys who defrosted and refrosted the same meat repeatedly and sold it after two years. No kidding – that happened a few years back.

We also don’t really have mob bosses in suits all that much, more often black leather jackets with gold chains and rings, stuff like that (the mime guy fits quite well with that sort of aesthetic, not sure about the rabbit).

Ouch – I guess the movie that inspired the “mime guy” is to old for you to know. Which would make me very old in turn. Actually he’s a homage to Alex from “Clockwork Orange” – a classic movie based on a controversial book by Anthony Burgess. Maybe you should google that one… ;)

Mr. White (the rabbit) on the other hand clearly references to the White Rabbit from the book “Alice in Wonderland”. He isn’t necessarily a mob boss – maybe just another gang member with an old school touch. I thought about him as a teleporter (seeing the white rabbit leading Alice down the rabbit hole to wonderland).

But thank you for your description of the mob bosses – I’ll definitely use that for the according leader of the gang.

I have to say though, I love the idea of a rabbit with Ray Winstons’s voice.

Yeah – Ray Winstone would be a good voice for Mr. White. He was great in the movie Sexy Beast with the equally superb Ben Kingsley. But I would prefer the “Guv” – I love that actor, especially currently in the third series of “Mad Dogs”. Actually I’m watching all tv series (both UK and US ones) in english – even if I have sometimes trouble to understand the actors when they start to talk cockney like the previous mentioned Philip Glenister in “Life on Mars” or his brother Robert as Ash Morgan in “Hustle”.

If you want ideas for cockney mob characters, watch any Ray Winstone or Guy Ritchie film.

When I asked for suggestions I actually meant for characters that fit into the scheme of famous british movie or book characters like the above mentioned Alex or the White Rabbit that could somehow be used as models for superheroes/-villains, if you take my meaning…

Scatman

“Clockwork Orange”Obviously being”old” myself is the FIRST thing I thought of….In saying that if in fact JR you have not had the “CO” experience,I would highly recommend you do.I do believe ,with the ideas and style you possess ,would be enthraued! A must see in my book!

Vampyrist
    Participant

I agree with Scatman, Clockwork Orange is an experience which you should partake in, just make sure your parents or young ones aren’t with you. A Clockwork Orange is not a kid’s movie, but it is a good one. It is a tale of ultraviolence, sex, and Beethoven and it is Khorosho.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Time to worship your gods!

THE LOST GODS (Greek Division):
    Pantheon_pv.jpg

From left to right and top to bottom:

ATHENA

Athena.png

HADES

Hades.png

HERA

Hera.png

HERAKLES

Herakles.png

ZEUS

Zeus.png

ARES

Ares.png

APOLLON

Apollon.png

POSEIDON

Poseidon.png

HERMES

Hermes.png

APHRODITE

Aphrodite.png

HEPHAISTOS

Hephaistos.png

ARTEMIS

Artemis.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Good thing I didn’t allow Greek gods for this weeks contest. I’d’ve had to close it early if this lot had been entered, especially Poseidon, Hermes, Hephaistos and Athena (love the owl). Fantastic work.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks! It was funny when you came up with that contest just days after I startet my work on this pantheon. Indeed really bad for me that you banned the greek and norse gods. But don’t crow too soon – I still got a few days left for the contest and next I’m gonna do the egyptian pantheon … ;)

Mad Jack
    Participant

As promised the Egyptian Gods…

THE LOST GODS (Egyptian Branch):
    EgyptianGods_pv.jpg

And again from left to right and top to bottom:

OSIRIS

Osiris_pv.png

Osiris_hs.png

ISIS

Isis_pv.png

Isis_hs.png

HORUS

Horus_pv.png

Horus_hs.png

AMUN-RA

AmunRa_pv.png

AmunRa_hs.png

BASTET

Bastet_pv.png

Bastet_hs.png

ANUBIS

Anubis_pv.png

Anubis__hs.png

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

awww man, they look better than the Egyptian gods i’ve been doing =(

Great Job on them though Smile

JR19759
    Keymaster

For gods sake, choosing the five finalists shouldn’t be this hard, stop making it harderWink
    Honestly, I had a top 5 (just) until you just posted this lot and now I have a top 8 at least. I’m glad I do these contests by poll instead of how Jeff used to do them. Not sure I could come up with a winner each week.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.