Mad Jacks Showroom

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mad Jacks Showroom

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 355 total)
  • Author

Mad Jack
    Participant

Of course I also wanted to try on this topic, but as a non-American I had to look up on Wikipedia to find out the motto of the various states – so excuse me if I have made ​​a mistake somewhere. Also, I could not work through all 50 states, because I ran out of ideas (for now) … ;)

From Tuscaloosa, Alabama – The YELLOWHAMMER State:
    Superpowers: He has the speed and power of a jackhammer in his 4 arms.

Yellowhammer-Alabama_pv.png

Yellowhammer-Alabama_hs.png

From Prudhoe Bay, Alaska – Land of the MIDNIGHT SUN:
    Superpowers: He can absorb cosmic energy into the cells of his body and processes it into plasma.

MidnightSun-Alaska_pv.png

MidnightSun-Alaska_hs.png

From Mesa, Arizona – The AZTEC State:
    Superpowers: Enhanced speed, strength and endurance – capable of flight.

Aztec_Arizona_pv.png

Aztec_Arizona_hs.png

From Pine Bluff, Arkansas – The RAZORBACK State:
    Superpowers: The disproportional powers of a wild hog (strength, instinkts, reflexes and so on).

Razorback-Arkansas_pv.png

Razorback-Arkansas_hs.png

From Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), California – The Golden State – GOLDEN BOY:
    Superpowers: Genius-level intellect and an organic computer as a brain. Capable of calculating the probability of events and manipulating them to control what will or what will not happen next.

GoldenBoy-California_pv.png

GoldenBoy-California_hs.png

From Boulder, Colorado – The ROCKY Mountain Empire:
    Superpowers: Can turn his whole body or part of it into stone and can control the earth in his close proximity.

Rocky-Colorado_pv.png

Rocky-Colorado_hs.png

From Wilmington, Delaware – The Chemical Capital of the World – CHEMO:
    Superpowers: He is capable of transforming his body fluids into any type of acid, lye or chemical compound.

Chemo_Delaware_pv.png

Chemo_Delaware_hs.png

From Tampa, Florida – The HURRICANE State:
    Superpowers: He is an air elemantal in essence and able to control the wind in any form and strength

Hurricane-Florida_pv.png

Hurricane-Florida_hs.png

From Hilo, Hawaii – The Paradise of the Pacific – KILAUEA:
    Superpowers: He can control the movement of the tectonic plates, create flames, project blasts of heat that often contain molten rock and is able to cause magma, or molten rock, from far beneath Earth’s surface to rise to and break through the surface as miniature volcanoes.

Kilauea-Hawaii_pv.png

Kilauea-Hawaii_hs.png

From Lawrence, Kansas – The JAYHAWK State:
    Superpowers: Senses, instincts and wings of a bird of prey.

Jayhawk-Kansas_pv.png

Jayhawk-Kansas_hs.png

From Billings, Montana – The BIG SKY Country:
    Superpowers: Despite his size of 7″4 and a very bulky body shape he is capable of flight with greath speed. He is also superstrong.

BigSky-Montana_pv.png

BigSky-Montana_hs.png

From Henderson, Nevada – The BATTLE-BORN State:
    Superpowers: Expert marksman and master hand-to-hand combatant with an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate greatly damaged or destroyed tissue with few seconds – sadly every injury leaves scars and constant pain behind.

BattleBorn-Nevada_pv.png

BattleBorn-Nevada_hs.png

From Flat Rock, North Carolina – The TARHEEL State:
    Superpowers: Shapeshifter. He can turn his body into a black tarry and doughy liquid, and thus change his form as well as mimic any type of matter.

Tarheel-NorthCarolina_pv-1.png

Tarheel-NorthCarolina_hs.png[/url]

From Fargo, North Dakota – The ROUGH RIDERs State
    Superpowers: Possesses cybernetic enhancements that provide superhuman strength, endurance and durability – amongst others.

RoughRider_NorthDakota_pv.png

RoughRider_NorthDakota_hs.png

From Sioux Falls, South Dakota – The COYOTE State:
    Superpowers: Can transform himself into a coyote at will, or into a transitional form which combines human and canine aspects.

Coyote-SouthDakota_pv.png

Coyote-SouthDakota_hs.png

From Fort Worth, Texas – The LONE STAR State:
    Superpowers: A Speedster and as such the fastest gun in the west. He can run faster than the speed of sound (770 miles per hour) and draw as fast!

LoneStar-Texas_pv.png

LoneStar-Texas_hs.png

CantDraw
    Participant

Dang that’s a log of characters! And good quality, too.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Thanks Man! I tried my best under the circumstances (a lot of ideas but not much time). Laugh

Here are yet again a few more state-themed heroes:

From Indianapolis, Indiana – Home of the Indy 500 – SPEEDWAY:
    Another Speedster, but with a twist: He can run with “just” 500 mph but is able to charge any object with energy and thus boost their speed – for example: He can turn an average VW Beetle in a racing machine that could beat any formula one car…
    Speedway-Indiana_pv.png
    Speedway-Indiana_hs.png

From Rosine, Kentucky – The BLUEGRASS State:
    His only power is to “read” the conscience of people – he can determine if you’re guilty of innocent at a glance. Because of that he has the nasty habit to shoot before asking.
    Bluegrass-Kentucky_pv.png
    Bluegrass-Kentucky_hs.png

From Grand Rapids, Michigan – The Wolverine State – SKUNK BEAR:
    Well, the name says pretty much everything. I chose another name due to copyright issues… ;)
    SkunkBear-Michigan_pv.png
    SkunkBear-Michigan_hs.png

From Provo, Utah – The BEEHIVE State:
    He can mentally control bees (440 in this picture!), is able to fly and of course also rimmune to bee venom. (Imho not my best work – I thought the bees would look better when I started with him.)
    Beehive-Utah_pv.png
    Beehive-Utah_hs.png

Mad Jack
    Participant

Yeah, I know – the contest is long gone. But why stop now? I decided to do all 50 states – so here are the next 7 heroes (only 23 left) … Wink

From Lafayette, Louisiana – The Bayou State – SWAMP MAN:
    Part man, part fish, part lizard – all cajun!
    SwampMan-Louisiana_pv.png
    SwampMan-Louisiana_hs.png

From Bangor, Maine – The Pine Tree / Lumber State – LUMBERJACK:
    No superpowers – just chainsaws as prosthetic arms…
    Lumberjack-Maine_pv.png
    Lumberjack-Maine_hs.png

From Saint Paul, Minnesota – The NORTH STAR State:
    Absorbs incessantly cosmic energy from his surrounding which he can convert to various purposes and effects, like superspeed, energy-blasts, flight, powering machines and much more yet to be determined.
    NorthStar-Minnesota_pv.png
    NorthStar-Minnesota_hs.png

From Somerville, New Jersey – The Garden State (with the most TOXIC waste dumps):
    He has the ability to absorb and manipulate high levels of radiation for a number of purposes and effects, and can expel radiation from himself in a number of ways.
    Toxic-NewJersey_pv.png
    Toxic-NewJersey_hs.png

From Alamogordo, New Mexico – The Land of Sunshine (and home of the Manhattan-Project) – SUPERNOVA:
    Born near the site where the very first nuclear bomb (called “the gadget”) has been deployed, he was born with vast thermonuclear powers that allows him among others to generate fire at a heat comparable to the sun itself.
    Supernova-NewMexico_pv.png
    Supernova-NewMexico_hs.png

From Warwick, Rhode Island – LITTLE RHODY:
    Almost limitless physical strength and stamina, impervious skin, immune to all known diseases, enhanced speed and the capability of adaptation to hostile habitats like the oxygen-less outer space. Height: 8’9″. Weight: 1200 lbs.
    LittleRhody-RhodeIsland_pv.png
    LittleRhody-RhodeIsland_hs.png

From Castle Rock, Washington – The EVERGREEN State:
    Able to transform his body tissue to a wood-like substance and can mentally control all plant life within his vicinity. His biggest weakness: Lumberjack (see above)
    Evergreen-Washington_pv.png
    Evergreen-Washington_hs.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

North stars insignia is fantastic!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I AM OFFICIALLY BLOWN AWAY!

Herr D
    Participant

Okay, the brand name on Little Rhody’s pants made me laugh.

Mad Jack
    Participant

This time I had a little “fun with flags” and for the first time I’m gonna introduce a female state-hero …

From Atlanta, Georgia – The CRACKER State:
    Possesses a suit of armor equipped with two electrically charged whips which are spring loaded, can extend up to 25 feet in length, and are strong enough to slice through any metal.
    Cracker-Georgia_pv.png
    Cracker-Georgia_hs.png

From Boise, Idaho – The Gem State also known as LITTLE IDA:
    The female powerhouse known as Little Ida suffers from dwarfism which is set off by her immense physical strength (she can lift up to 5 tons with ease) and almost complete invulnerability. She can also absorb any kinetic energy thrown at her to double her normal size of 3’7″ (1,10 m) up to 6’7″ (2,10 m) for a few (limited) minutes whereby her already impressive powers are exponentially increased.
    LittleIda-Idaho_pv.png
    LittleIda-Idaho_hs.png

From Boston, Massachusetts – The SPIRIT OF AMERICA:
    He has all the powers of a real ghost including immaterialness, astral projection, possession of other people, and so on. Furthermore he can see the past and future of any person or object and has an uncanny influence on the minds of people in his vicinity whereby he can motivate or demotivate them to the brink of meek compliance. (many thanks to JR19759 for his help at shading/zypping this character)
    SpiritOfAmerica-Massachusetts_pv.png
    SpiritOfAmerica-Massachusetts_hs.png

From Jackson, Mississippi – The Magnolia State known (among others) for its cotton plantages – THE COTTON KING:
    In 1861 the Cotton King was a slave on a plantage when his master discovered his powers of healing his tortured fellow prisoners. Despised for his “unnatural” gift he was nearly whipped to death but to his own surprise his wounds healed within minutes and he recovered quickly from his punishment. The shocked slave holder then buried him alive 4 feet under in a secret grave amidst the cotton fields. 150 years later a shopping mall was build on the premises where the Cotton King was buried and the construction crew found him when they started the foundation. His healing powers kept him alive all these years in his coffin and slowed down his aging but the inevitable and repetitive decay left deep marks on his body. At the same time his powers progressed over time and he is now also able to manipulate any organic matter (like plant growth or human tissue) and both heal or induce diseases in people.
    CottonKing-Mississippi_pv.png
    CottonKing-Mississippi_hs.png

From St. Louis, Missouri – The GATEWAY State:
    Gateways body is a portal, allowing people or items to pass through him or walk through any solid objects he stands against. When creating a portal through an object like a wall an outline of his body can be seen on the opposite side of that object. He can also teleport himself by just turning around and reaching thereby the other side, and open smaller portals on objects by just touching it.
    Gateway-Missouri_pv.png
    Gateway-Missouri_hs.png

From Lincoln, Nebraska – The Bug-eating State – BUGEATER:
    It’s not clarified if his wings are natural or part of his power amplifying armor, but he can fly at great speeds and has the amazing ability to evade each and any obstacle in his path – regardless of whether it is a big building standing in his way or small bullets fired at him. He can also see in the dark and emit a bloodcurdling ultrasonic cry which can shatter even metal and renders his victims defenseless to physical attacks.
    Bugeater-Nebraska_pv.png
    Bugeater-Nebraska_hs.png

From Concord, New Hampshire – The GRANITE State:
    Endowed with a superthick skin as hard as granite and considerably denser bone tissues he has much greater resistance to physical injury than any ordinary human, can withstand conventional handgun fire at point-blank range and cannot be cut by any blade forged of conventional material. His durability also enables him to withstand being lit on fire, impacts from superhumans a good deal stronger than him, one-ton impacts, extreme temperatures, and electrical shocks. This condition also grants him increased strength to superhuman levels sufficient to lift approximately 3 tons.
    Granite-NewHampshire_pv.png
    Granite-NewHampshire_hs.png

From Akron, Ohio – The BUCKEYE State:
    Buckeye is the very first synthetic humanoid with a sentient A.I. constructed by scientists of the University of Akron. His indestructible android body is a functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of unrevealed synthetic polymers. He is capable of channelling unlimited amounts of solar energy through his eye at will, creating a hot beam of infrared and microwave radiation. The beam can be controlled within a temperature range of 500 to 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit. At maximum temperature it can can melt through a 1-inch plate of steel in 5 seconds. By controlling the width of the beam he also can project the energy as a powerful beam of concussive force.
    Buckeye-Ohio_pv.png
    Buckeye-Ohio_hs.png

From Rock Hill, South Carolina – The SANDLAPPER State:
    He can convert all or parts of his body into animated sand at will and has a subliminal awareness of all granulated particles of his body. This enables him to compact or loosen the particles of sand that make up his form and by this means can become as hard as sandstone, or disperse his body so that he becomes invulnerable to physical attacks. Furthermore he can shape his sand-state body or parts of it into any shape he can imagine, stretching, elongating, deforming, expanding, flattening, or compressing all or portions of his body at will, phase through small openings, and convert common grains of sand around him into constituents of his body. In this manner, he can increase his overall size and volume or that of his limbs to almost unlimited levels.
    Sandlapper-SouthCarolina_pv.png
    Sandlapper-SouthCarolina_hs.png

From Knoxville, Tennessee – The VOLUNTEER State:
    Volunteering for an experimental genetic procedure he was granted with three different superpowers at once: Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Speed, and Superhuman Durability. However, he can just use one power at a time and even if he can change between his powers at any time almost immediately he has to make a conscious choice first.
    Volunteer-Tennessee_pv.png
    Volunteer-Tennessee_hs.png

From Laramie, Wyoming – The Cowboy State with the BISON in their flag:
    At a size of 8’2″ (2,50 m) he possesses the proportional powers of a real bison/buffalo including strength, durability, stamina, etc. His horns are composed of bone considerably denser than normal human bone and at full speed he can run through wood paneling, cinderblock, and even steel reinforced concrete. Normally he is a gentle, calm person who can’t get worked up easily, but once he gets upset he’ll be nearly unstoppable.
    Bison-Wyoming_pv.png
    Bison-Wyoming_hs.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Sandlapper and Gateway are great!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vampyrist said:

Sandlapper and Gateway are great!

You can add Bugeater to that list as well, although all of them are pretty special.

Maaz
    Participant

I’m having a hard time picking a favourite- all of them ROCK!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Great stuff. Volunteer is simple yet effective. I love Bugeater, but any hero from Nebraska would have red in his/her costume. (Even though my favorite color is blue.) Wink

Anarchangel
    Participant

All really great characters but I really love Cracker, Bugeater and Bison.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Wow guys, I’m absolutely overwhelmed with all that love coming my way. I’m really glad of your reactions and already having some ideas for the time after this 50-states-marathon: International Heroes and Teams themed after their countries (an idea I picked up from the great ams).

But first I have to finish the last 12 (probably even 14) members of the All-Americans, which could prove to be difficult since I lack any inspiration for Connecticut and Vermont. Unlike all the other states it seems like I can’t find anything special about them to work with on a superhero – no good nicknames or legends I’m aware of, nothing. Maybe one of you has a suggestion for these two states – or at least a few useful links (other than wikipedia) with informations? I would really appreciate your help here …

@The Atomic Punk said:
    I love Bugeater, but any hero from Nebraska would have red in his/her costume.

Okay – here’s a red version just for you. What do you think – does it work? ;)
    Bugeater-Nebraska-Red.png

CantDraw
    Participant

Wow! These characters are great. Portal just looks amazing! And Sandlapper looks like he really is made of sand – so cool. I also like Buckeye’s look, especially the eye.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 355 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.