Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

Very nice. I like how you did the hair on the side facing head. That’s always tricky.
    The one piece of advice (if you could call it that) I could offer you is about Davera’s sword. Or rather the glow coming from it. Personally I would have used that gradient along the length of the blade rather than at the tip of it. But that may just be personal opinion.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Great characters overall. I agree with Archangel about the sword. Unless you add something like a jewel to the tip which signifies the energy focus.

Davera’s right hand should be thumb on the inside of the leg not pinky. Also, it lies flat. It is not contoured to her kneepad.

Linea24
    Participant

@Archangel: Thanks! I see what you mean with the sword. Looking at it now, I noticed that I forgot to put reflections on the sword too.

@Atomic
    Punk: Thanks! I couldn’t really figure out which hand to put there, so I just stuck what I felt looked best. I’m going to go ahead and fix it.

Linea24
    Participant

Ok, here’s the edited picture of Davera & Davan:

Davera-Davan.png

Linea24
    Participant

Another character from Felinae:

Harriette

Harriette.png

Close-up:
    Harriette-close-up.png

Note: Pose is by ams. I only modified the arms.

Harriette is one of the remaining fae (limited shapeshifters) who have not gone into hiding. She is the leader of the rebel Felians who fight against Haletri.
    Harriette and Haletri are siblings. While Harriette is the eldest, Haletri is a High Fae, meaning that her shapeshifting abilities far surpassed Harriette’s and that she and Harriette both have a equal and valid claim to the Fae Throne.
    Harriette was exiled from the fae kingdom when her sister took the throne, which was when she sought refuge with the faeries, who took her in and allowed her free passage throughout the three faerie forests, the Apere, Icydili, and the Faein.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

The revision works nicely. And that pose works nicely, very stalwart.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Atomic Punk. I like to figure out how to dress different kinds of poses and try to either modify or come up with my own.

Linea24
    Participant

This isn’t a real character, just a scale comparison of the felis, fae, and faerie.

Scale-heights-of-Felis-Fae-and-Faerie.png

Of course, there are more races, but I ran out of room.

Linea24
    Participant

Going through my projects, I found this picture I did some time ago. I’ve since forgotten who the faerie is, but I know she is from Felinae.

a-peace-offering.png

Linea24
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the music contest.

Nimilua
    Nimilua.png

Close-up:

Nimilua-close-up.png

Nimilua is the one of the fairy guardians of music and magic. She is one of the newer ones; she was only picked because of her adept ability with shaping very short musical verses to form magic. She is very young, but her musical and magical talent greatly exceed her age.

Linea24
    Participant

Ok, I haven’ been feeling very inspired recently, but I do have one creation I really don’t know what to do with. I’m open to any critiques or suggestions.

Burn-Ace:

Burn-Ace.png

Close-up:

Burn-Ace-close-up.png

I’m thinking he would be sort of a neutral atypical, but I really have no idea except that he is from Earth.

Linea24
    Participant

Edited Burn-Ace a little, and I changed his name to Burn-Notice.

Burn-Notice (edited Burn-Ace)

Burn-Notice.png

Linea24
    Participant

I haven’t been inspired recently, so all I have is a picture of one of the more aquatic creatures of Felinae.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/07/Siran.png

The sirans are the most human-like of the Merish. They have webbed hands and feet, and their eyes are opaque, with no irises showing. They, of all the Merish, are seen the most, for they inhabit the topmost part of the water and dwell within underwater caves close to the surface. Edit: There are both male and female sirans.

Herr D
    Participant

No inspiration? Why not see if you can make one of your little fairy characters an action background? Dueling with thorny clubs? Dodging a housecat? Running across a telephone wire or a fence? Your characters look good enough to start challenging yourself with their surroundings.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Herr D. I think I should do that. It’ll alllow me to better explore their world.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.