Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 406 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

Wow. That’s pretty damn special.

prswirve
    Participant

Fantastic!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Beautiful

Anarchangel
    Participant

I love, love, love that one.

Trekkie
    Participant

Amazing!

Stulte
    Participant

So much to love in that picture: the pose, the lighting, the lava and the rocks, all amazingly well done.

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks everyone! Glad everyone liked it!

FYI, I’m going to stop posting bios for every single character I put up. The only characters I’m going to keep on posting bios for are Lilac and Crystal Rose, a few Felianti characters, the Warders, and, possibly, villains. I want to start focusing in on the POV characters of my novel-in-progress, and to do that I need to not focus so much on other characters who don’t need much fleshing out.

Linea24
    Participant

Overland Guardians of Tesine Take 2 Group Pic:

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/213/4/5/overland_guardians_of_tesine_group_pic_take_2_by_gracethewriterartist-d7t9unm.png

Alyide Take 2:

Alyide-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Alyide-take-2-close-up.png

Original:

Alyide.png

Davan Take 2:

Davan-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Davan-take-2-close-up.png

Davera Take 2:

Davera-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Davera-take-2-close-up.png

Davera & Davan Original:

Davera-Davan.png

Feres Take 2:

Feres-take-2.png

Close-Up

Feres-take-2-close-up.png

Original:

Feres-1.png

Ice Ether

Ice-Ether.png

Merin Take 2:

Merin-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Merin-take-2-close-up.png

Original:

Merin-1.png

Renegade Take 2:

Renagade-take-2-faerie-form.png

Close-Up:

Renagade-take-2-faerie-form-close-up.png

Original:

Renagade.PNG

Shadesia Take 2:

Shadesia-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Shadesia-take-2-close-up.png

Original:

Shadesia.png

Xevina Take 2:

Xevina-take-2.png

Close-Up:

Xevina-take-2-close-up.png

Original:

Xevina.png

I’ve been wanting to redo this group for a while now, mainly because of how disjointed their group pic was. To me, the mix of complex shading, minimal shading, and no shading at all was a little too jarring for me. So this time, I only did minimal shading on all the characters. Also, like my Take 2 of the Warders, this Take 2 of the Guardians of Tesine is after an amount of time. And this time, I have a story to explain the shifts in the designs of some characters.

Story Part 1:
    They had finally found Merti sitting in a tiny peaceful grove. Xevina was with her, lying unconscious in the center of a elaborate rune etched into the ground. As the Guardians approached, a blast of energy sent them flying onto the ground. Merti laughed.
    “Did you really think that I didn’t account for your tendency to come charging to your love’s side…Brother?” Merti stood up, shaking a couple of leaves to the grassy grove floor.
    Merin growled, got up, and firmly stood his ground. Unfortunately, though, his wings betrayed his facade, trembling as leaves do in a voracious wind. He shouted in a tone that shook both the ground and itself. “You dare take the identity of my dead baby sister and flaunt it in my face!? You are not deserving of such a title—especially after what you have done to Xevina!” He suddenly dropped his masquerade of strength—and his shoulders as well—and began to speak in a pleading manner. “Why would you do that? Have you no mercy to an ailing fairy in mourning of his only sibling?”
    Merti scoffed and swiveled around to where her back was to the Guardians. “So, Merin, you are so certain that I, you sister, is dead, that you do not want to even look for the most remote possibility that I survived the fall? Hasn’t falling being the cause of death been proven to be a cover-up in most cases? Especially in cases where the victim is perfectly capable of surviving a fall?”
    Merin raised his sword, let out a battle cry, and started to charge at Merti when Ice Ether flung himself into Merin’s way. He froze Merin’s feet into place. “Before you do anything rash, have you thought of verifying her claims? Or is this one of the few fairy traditions that you decided to keep that the rest of us don’t know about?”
    That seemed to knock some sense back into Merin. He dropped his sword, and, as it thumped into the grass, he glanced over to the side. He was quiet for a couple of seconds, but when he finally spoke, it was in his normal soft, quiet voice. “I’m sorry, Ice Ether. It’s just that…well, that female over there who claims to be my sister is too old to even be near the age she was when she fell. Merti was still a small fairling when she died, and at that age a fairy’s wings have not developed enough to engage in flight in the middle of a fall. There was no way she could have survived, and even if she did, she wouldn’t look full-grown.”
    Merti coughed rather loudly, drawing the Guardians’ attention back to her. “If you seriously doubt me, Brother—”
    “As I said, stop trying to pretend you are my sister!” Merin jumped back up into a fighting position. (Somehow, he had broke Ice Ether’s bonds in the process, which evoked a quiet surprised gasp from the Guardians.)
    A massive sigh escaped from Merti. “May I finish? If you doubt me that much, Merin, couldn’t you just have your little Lost Fae there—”
    “My name is Feres!”
    “LET ME FINISH! JustletFerestherereadmymemoryandlookforproofofmyclaims! There! Now you can interject anytime you want!” Merti started to seethe, a furious glint in her eye growing. Her back was hunched, and she was breathing deeply and loudly.
    An episode of quietness endured as Merin signaled for Feres to do something. It was the signal for Feres to use her memory-reading power after approaching the target slowly.
    Feres had only cautiously walked within arms-length of Merti when she suddenly collapsed. Merti chuckled. She was now standing up straight, a cold, calculating smirk on her face. “I think you may have gotten the wrong idea. I had meant for you to attempt to confirm my claims after you’ve defeated me. I’m not that trusting.”

Linea24
    Participant

Just posting a couple of recent creations.

Gemini (Western Zodiac contest entry) *open image in new tab to see the whole thing*

Linea24-Gemini.png

Gremlin

Gremlin-2.png

Gremlin Close Up

Gremlin-2-close-up.png

Silver Wing

Silver-Wing.png

Silver Rose on a Branch (This one’s…meh.)

Silver-Rose-Launch.png

Texan Winter Wish (I know it’s summer, but I saw snow on an anime me, my mom and my sister were watching and then all of a sudden both me and my sister were talking about snow)

Texan-Winter-Wish.png

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Very Nice!! I Especially like Silver Wing!

Linea24
    Participant

Okay, something weird just happened. I went to post something on my Peresids thread, and I found all of the forums I was subscribed to were unsubscribed. Is this happening to anyone else?

Nug
    Participant

Yeah. Its happened to me twice already. It could be worse I suppose. Others on the forums are loosing there post counts so they are getting considered new members.
    Welcome to the forums Vampyrist and Anarchangel ;)

Anarchangel
    Participant

@Nug said:

Yeah. Its happened to me twice already. It could be worse I suppose. Others on the forums are loosing there post counts so they are getting considered new members.
    Welcome to the forums Vampyrist and Anarchangel http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Yeah, I’m back down to 6 posts again.

Linea24
    Participant

@Anarchangel: No longer. I see you’re up to 734 posts again.Smile

Linea24
    Participant

@Anarchangel: No longer. I see you’re up to 734 posts again.Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.