Lightningsword’s Superhero HQ

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Lightningsword’s Superhero HQ

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 325 total)
  • Author

Lightningsword
    Participant

Here’s another mythical creature from the Philippines:
    TikbalangTikbalang.png

Lightningsword
    Participant

Any color suggestions? I would like to hear from you, my fellow machiners!
    Color-Suggest-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

It depends on what kind of character you are going for. Do you have any sort of story in mind for this character?

Lightningsword
    Participant

Well, actually, I thought of him as a genetically engineered human who was still in his mother’s womb when they had an accident. To keep him from dying, his father, who was a geneticist, gave him a special serum, which gave him organic metallic wings and the power of regeneration.

Lightningsword
    Participant

so, anyone got a suggestion for coloring this guy? Still figuring out what colors I should use.

Herr D
    Participant

It might be harder to make copper-color wings, but the origin story suggests it. The cravings pregnant women get are supposedly caused by the fetus draining copper from the mother. A serum might well increase that tendency, killing or nearly killing the mother as a byproduct or draining it from her already dying body with other nutrients as a way to increase the offspring’s viability. Preemies don’t have a great survival rate if they’re not in the womb upwards of 25 weeks out of the ‘ideal’ 40, last I checked. At 25 weeks, heart and lungs aren’t really ‘open for business’ and may require surgery. Rapid growth to a ‘perfect balance’ having a lasting effect as regeneration? Not a bad approach.
    Hot colors go better with copper except for black, gray, white, and some browns. Orange makes him the best target if you want to depend on his regenerative abilities and forget stealth. High contrast might be a blue violet.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

How about looking to nature for some wing color ideas. Many beetles have brilliant colored out wings that have an iridescence that could look metallic. A shiny blue-black, maybe. Try in the custom colors. And/or maybe mask a pattern on them to suggest veins?

Lightningsword
    Participant

@Herr D said:

It might be harder to make copper-color wings, but the origin story suggests it. The cravings pregnant women get are supposedly caused by the fetus draining copper from the mother. A serum might well increase that tendency, killing or nearly killing the mother as a byproduct or draining it from her already dying body with other nutrients as a way to increase the offspring’s viability. Preemies don’t have a great survival rate if they’re not in the womb upwards of 25 weeks out of the ‘ideal’ 40, last I checked. At 25 weeks, heart and lungs aren’t really ‘open for business’ and may require surgery. Rapid growth to a ‘perfect balance’ having a lasting effect as regeneration? Not a bad approach.
    Hot colors go better with copper except for black, gray, white, and some browns. Orange makes him the best target if you want to depend on his regenerative abilities and forget stealth. High contrast might be a blue violet.

Not bad! I’m trying to do that, and, apparently, dark Red Orange is better as the prime color and copper as the second.

Lightningsword
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

How about looking to nature for some wing color ideas. Many beetles have brilliant colored out wings that have an iridescence that could look metallic. A shiny blue-black, maybe. Try in the custom colors. And/or maybe mask a pattern on them to suggest veins?

It looks great! Black and Blue… Reminds me of Blue Beetle.

Lightningsword
    Participant

WMDBASSPLAYER’s & Herr D’s Color Suggestions
    First, Herr D: Golden Emperor
    Herr-D-Color-suggest-Golden-Emperor.png
    And WMDBASSPLAYER: Horned Beetle
    WMDBASSPLAYER-Color-suggest-Horned-Beetle.png
    Let me know what’s better.
    @Herr D – Please try not to make me nosebleed. I’m only 10.

Herr D
    Participant

Both are good. Sorry about the nosebleed. Sometimes the science part of sci fi takes over me a bit. Smile

Lightningsword
    Participant

@Herr D said:

Both are good. Sorry about the nosebleed. Sometimes the science part of sci fi takes over me a bit. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Thanks! Personally I like your color scheme. Copper and orange work pretty good, so long as you don’t overdo it. Cool

Lightningsword
    Participant

Now, back to unfinished Business:
    Name: War
    ALIAS: Blue Chaos Guardian
    TEAM: Villains, Warriors of Chaos
    One of the sons of Chaos. Chaos has 3 Sons, War is the first son of Chaos and Chaos has entrusted him to put people in endless Wars and put the world into total destruction. However, he is rivaled by The Silver Warrior, Ultimus.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/fudgee/2013/07/war-The-Chaos-Guardian.png
    P.S. Thank you very much Nug for lending me your poses.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Good stuff! This is a great start to what will hopefully be a whole universe of characters.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Really digging these characters of yours! The Philippine creatures are amazing; I love Kapre’s face! Did you take a little liberty with Tikbalang or does he appear as other animals besides a horse? Him I heard of before but I had to look up Kapre. As to the color scheme for your character, I like both, but the orange just pops out at you and suggests hero more. If you plan on using him how about both as in good and evil twins? True, somewhat cliched, but just an idea. Or the dark one could be a copy-cat villain mimicking the hero he hates.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 325 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.