JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Stulte
    Participant

Man, I’ve gotta say again: the hair you’re making is just stellar. And I have no idea how you’re making it, which kinda frustrates me 😛

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Stulte- Thanks. It’s basically like Jeimuzu said on the last page, just messing about with the speech bubble tails in backgrounds- wordballoons.

Anyway, I apologise if the next one isn’t as great. I’ve been struggling to get it to work for a while now, not been very inspired recently. Anyway, I needed something to take my mind of some IRL things today (reasons why there’s no Doctor Who review up today, I missed the episode so I’ll watch it tomorrow), so I just finished it up. I’m not overly happy with it, but if I don’t just stop with it, it’s gonna sit there and never get finished and I won’t be able to move on to anything else because I haven’t finished it.

Kenjin Choten is the current master of the Honotamashi Magic House and one of the 6 members of the Council of Magic. Made up of the 6 heads of the oldest Magic Houses (Honotamashi, Honoidaisa, Honokoa, Honoriyu, Honomeiyo and Honohakken), the Council preserves the peace and laws of the magical world. Though there are many more Magic Houses, the 6 that make up the council are the oldest, most well-known and the greatest, and their masters are universally regarded as the strongest wizards of their generation. Master Kenjin is a practitioner of a branch of magic known as Support Magic, which is an uncommon and surprisingly difficult magic to learn. Support Magic allows the user to boost or weaken the magic of the target, making it a useful magic in combat, though it does leave the user vulnerable. However, the more advanced Support Magic can also be used to copy magic from other wizards, allowing the user to turn their enemies magic against them. Whilst this branch of magic is Master Kenjin’s main focus, it is not the only magic he is knowledgable about, or capable of using. Over his many years, he has learnt a wide variety of spells and forms of casting so that, despite his age, only a fool would doubt his place as Master of the House of Spirit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Had this one done before the last two, just wasn’t the right time to post him until now.

Going by the name of Chronos, very little is known about this Black Mage, except that he is a powerful dark wizard and master of the banned Dark Magic House Aegis. A wielder of Time Magic, he has control of some of the most powerful banned spells known, including The Wheel Of Time (a spell that can trap people in a time loop, reliving the same moment over and over for eternity) and the strongest dark time spell; Wither (which, when cast, causes the time stream of the target to accelerate, causing them to age and die within a few seconds). He carries the Book of Aegis, a spell book bound to the master of the House of Aegis, which increases their magical power, but slowly drains away their soul. The Dark Houses were once very limited in their activities, the Council seeming to be near to eradicating them all together. But in the last few years, the Dark Houses have regained much of their power, and Aegis is at the forefront. The question that is now on everyones minds is, what are they planning? What terrors are to come?

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

And last up for the current anime style series.

The most powerful dark wizard know to have ever lived, Osiris reigned in terror many hundreds of years ago, almost succeeding in conquering the known world. However, his ambition stretched further than just ruling the world, he desired total control over it. To that end he created the spells Alpha and Omega, the creator and the destroyer. He planned to use these spells to cause an apocalypse and then recreate the world with him as its absolute ruler, with all life bending to his every whim. However he was stopped by the 6 greatest light wizards of the age, who sealed him away inside a spell and within a tomb that only they could open. These 6 wizards then went on to create the 6 oldest magic houses, each based on the founders ideals, and their Magic Council as a way to guide future wizarding generations away from such dark magic. But, as with all things like this, there are those who would release Osiris from his prison. And after all this time, they may have discovered a way.

Attachments:

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Your entire anime style series has been fabulous!  I’m in love with Osiris’ outfit.  I wonder why in the world you’d have Alpha and Omega on your mind right now. XD

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Jeimuzu- When you get the chance, email me at jr19759@hotmail.co.uk. It doesn’t look like the forum PM system is going to be up and running any time soon and we’ve got a lot to catch up on, plus there’s that thing I mentioned to you a few weeks back.

Anyway, just thought I’d re-upload this with contest acceptable naming for no reason what so ever. I’m not preparing for anything at all, never, not me.

Attachments:

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Aww… always nice to see a new Lili and Danni piece.

Good work on the anime series, as well. Chronos has got a great look, especially.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@DiCicatriz- Thanks. I rejigged an old character by the same name and basically just changed his mask (and borrowed a certain someones technique for shading gold).

Oh and that Lili & Danni piece isn’t new btw. That’s why I said re-upload.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Oh look, JR’s done a new stuff.

It’s been a while hasn’t it.

Those of you who frequent the blog may recognise this. Those of you who don’t won’t 😉

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Hey everyone, guess what I just finished recording….

*Spoilers*

Attachments:

Timedrop23
    Participant

That mega-ponytail looks awesome! Did you use the speech bubble tail for that, too?

The character from your videos is also cool, but you might want to redo that crossed leg (bring it forward or re-position the thigh on the other leg) because it looks like the hanging leg is growing out of the crossed one (which looks like it is broken and twice as long as the other leg).

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yep that’s all speech bubble tails too.

You could have said something about the legs whilst I was still working on it, it’s not like they haven’t been positioned like that for 4 weeks. The shins are exactly the same length, but I can kinda see what you mean about them looking broken. It’s because the knee of the trouser is pointing the opposite way to the part of the head item that is meant to be the knee. That’s just a problem with how the items are drawn, in order to get the feet pointing the right way for the pose, the trousers have to point the wrong way. I could have cut the knee section of that item off, but it would have shortened the shin too much.

I’m not going to go back and fix it, because it was only for the tutorials, I wasn’t even originally going to export it. But thanks for the input all the same.

Nug
    Participant

If only there was some kinda step by step tutorial on how you created such awesomeness…

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Nug- There is… it’s on the blog. 😉

JR19759
    Keymaster

Heartcore

Necessary Information:

-The countries of Valara and Jutura are at war and have been for half a century. One hundred years prior to this, both countries were plunged into chaos by a being known as Silence, who used his powers to attempt a conquest of both lands, before he was stopped and imprisoned.

-In this world, magic exists. Known as Soul, this magic is divided into branches, based around elements. The branches are Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Thunder, Ice, Light, Dark and Death (the banned branch). Most spells are of one branch, although some talented users can master what are known as Mixed Magic, which combines the attributes of two branches together to create a much more powerful spell. Users of Soul are known as Soul Wielders and are employed by the warring countries as elite soldiers. Soul Wielders are ranked by the level of spell they can accomplish, from Level 1 (simple and weak spells) to Level 5 (magics of destructive power equal to the most powerful non-magical weaponry). There is a sixth level, but this consists of spells that have been unmastered since their creation or are considered to dangerous to use, and are therefore banned.

-The most powerful spell known to have ever existed are known as The Truth. The Truth is an ancient magical spell, only produced once, which takes the form of a book. If a page of this book is read, it will give the reader the answer to any question they can think of. It was sealed away to prevent Silence from using its awesome power, its whereabouts lost in the chaos of his uprising.

– What is the Heartcore?

That is a good question…

To be continued.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,321 through 1,335 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.