JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,921 through 1,935 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Legatus
    Participant

Awesome gallery! Keep up the good work.

JR19759
    Keymaster

So, first creation of 2020. The Titan is my oldest character, he was first created in Heromachine 2 for context, and he started out as a fairly normal superhero design. But the character evolved with heromachine and inbetween HM2.5 & HM3 there was a pre-alpha version of HM3 that became Heromachine Modern Warrior (which is probably all but forgotten) and most of the stuff i there went into the tech sections in HM3. Now of course I went and created a version of The Titan in this (at the time) new heromachine and, as you might expect, he came out very tech-based, which was a departure from the previous design and that tech suit design carried over to pretty much every version of the character in HM3. However, recently I’ve started to fall out of love with the tech suit, it feels way too “Iron Man” for me, hence why I’ve gone and done this new design, returning to the more classic superhero style. Plus, I needed to get away from the black that’s been dominating The Titan’s colour palette in every itteration other than The Protectors design I did last year (which was literally just a palette swap of a mainly black design from 2 years prior).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RobM
    Participant

Cool, imaginative work as always.

JR19759
    Keymaster

In a post-apocalyptic world where climate change has wreaked havoc across the world, extreme weather conditions are common place and resources are scarce, human society has collapsed and fragmented into small, fractious groups of varying ideologies and means of survival, each self contained and, for the most part, self sufficient. However, not every group can produce everything that their community may need or want and that is where the Renegades come in. Renegades are small groups, usually unaffiliated with the larger communities, that have means to travel between these communities to acquire goods and services for other communities. How this is achieved varies between Renegade groups, some use contracts or bartering, some use violence and others prefer plain old fashioned theft. Each group lives and dies by their own code of ethics and competition is fierce. If you can’t get the goods you don’t get the rewards, usually food or fuel.

Our particular group are known as the ’86’ Renegades, due to the number each member has marked on their back, though it isn’t entirely clear what the number is a reference too, if anything at all. The group consists of Night Streamer (orange/ blue), the weapons and electronics expert, her sister Venus Hunter (pink/ green), the mechanic and driver, Mr. X (yellow/ black), the negotiator and navigator as well as field medic (though for serious injuries Renegades will usually rely on one of their assistant communities) and Ruby-Star (black/ red), the explosives expert (who it has been noted seems to be able to pull a stick of dynamite out of thin air on any occassion, not that this seems to be of any surprise to their team-mates at all), as well as a dog nicknamed Scout, who seems to have adopted the team and acts as the groups early warning system, hence the name. This team specialize in “cracking”; breaking into old abandoned facilities and looting the goods from them.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Doctor Radiation

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

“He can tell where your bones are and don’t try to fool him. He can see right through you.”

Interesting helmet.

JR19759
    Keymaster

So, you know how you sometimes are doing this stupidly extra thing and it just proves to be too much so you cut your losses and quit but then you decide that what you actually want to do is go and be really extra on something you’ve already done… well, I hope somebody knows and it isn’t just me. Yup, the SRC is getting a do over (and when I say a do over, I mean all from scratch, usually I have templates for all my characters (I mean, how else do you think I could keep doing pictures of Lili without going insane from that sleeve) but I’m not doing that this time because… well, being extra) because, a) it’s been almost 3 years since I did that first SRC picture, b) I don’t like how I did the original team anymore (both of the male main characters are assholes for no real reason and the team makeup could do with a bit of a shake up anyway) and c) I just wanted to do another redesign of Demon Girl, she’s one of my favourites out of all of the characters I’ve made (like probably 3rd behind Lili/ Danni and Sempi, yeah I know that’s 3 characters there, but Lili and Danni can’t and shouldn’t be seperated) so yeah, I might have gone off on a tangent somewhere.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Well damn, I thought I’d posted this one already. Oops.

And the new one….

If the text is too small, open in a new tab on the things underneath this bit and you should be able to zoom in.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

I like your reference sheets. I’ve been working on a format that would assist the memory-impaired. (Slow going.)

JR19759
    Keymaster

4th one

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

So, last main team member, but not the last of the profiles, there’s more of those to come.

Oh and because I rather stupidly forgot to mention this in the profile, the Nightwatch outfit is to keep as much sunlight off of her as possible. Oh and she still has a violent allergic reaction to garlic and simular vegtables/ plants (because, you know, vampire)

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Professor Richard Mays

Sam Matthews

So, these are the last two characters from the SRC redesigns. Originally I was going to have them individually in reference sheet shots like the other 5, but as time passed I was struggling for things to put into the reference sheets. The only new things are Richard Mays having a false leg after his possessed daughter kinda… tore off his leg, and having an explaination for the markings on Sam’s chest and arms being from when she was used as a sacrifice to bring a demon into this world. But all the rest of the information (certainly for Richard Mays) is laid out in other reference sheets, plus with them not being active members of the team, there’s not much in the way of powers to show off or alternate forms to make the reference sheets interesting, so I thought I’d just put them together, post them and get them out of the way, because I’ve done some other stuff since this and want to put that up but also didn’t want to post anything new before finishing this series so there we go.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Looking good!  Interesting concepts.

JR19759
    Keymaster

A team of LGBTQ+ vigilantes, The AnarQueers are made up of Ironside (a nonbinary former army sniper with metallic skin), Queer Guy (a provcative gay martial arts expert) and Butch (a super-strong lesbian). Due to their open LGBT stylings and their line of work, they have often been compared to PRIDE, however, the AnarQueers are far more anti-authority and revolutionary than their counterparts and stray more from what would conventionally be perceived as heroics.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

They look great!  Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,921 through 1,935 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.