JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

A former member of W.I.L.D’s East Asia branch, Nakima Shiro has the power to form plasmic blades around his hands. These blades are sharper than even the finest blade, being comparable to industrial jet cutters or laser cutters. When he was a W.I.L.D agent, Shiro rarely ever used his power, instead relying on his extensive combat training. However, he has recently gone AWOL from W.I.L.D and turned up in the US alongside the time displaced archeologist Nicole Hargrave, also known as Ruby. His reasons seem unclear for the moment and he he has not responded to any communications from either W.I.L.D’s Asia or American branches, though for reasons known only to himself, he seems to be following the supervillain known as Overlord.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

One of the Eldar, a race of cosmic beings thought to possibly be as old as the universe its self (if not older), The Other’s abilities centred around the manipulation of space. His body was a perfect map of the universe and he could travel to any point in the universe (or bring that point to him may be a more accurate description) by touching that point to his core. Such was his power over the fabric of space that, if he wished, he could condense an area into a singularity on a whim, just by thinking. Though the Eldar are thought to be immortal, it was recently proven that they are not unkillable, with the death of The Other. It is unkown what caused his death, and the thought of something being powerful enough to damage one of the Eldar, let alone kill one is a terrifying thought indeed. Though the death of The Other did lead to the discovery of an interesting phenomenon, never before observed. The esscence of the dead Eldar crystalizes into a powerful crystaline form, known as a Coredeorum (“Heart Of God” also known more simply as a Heartcore). This Coredeorum then seeks out other Eldar, with The Other’s Coredeorum heading to Earth, to locate the core of it’s brother, The Guide (who will die in the future… or the past, it’s hard to tell with The Guide) and to be close to it’s sister, The Veil and The Extant. However, upon arrival on Earth, the Coredeorum was shattered into 5 pieces. Each piece was discovered by a different host, who would then be compeled to complete the core. This task was completed by Victor Daniels, who would gain the cosmic powers of The Other and become the super-villain, Overlord.

Attachments:

I really like The Other!

Vengeance
    Participant

the other is a good design

JR19759
    Keymaster

@UbiquitousPixel & @Vengeance: Cheers guys. I wasn’t too sure about him, I thought he was a bit plain, so it’s good to see people like him.

Anyways….

Taking the name of the angel of death, destruction and renewal, Azrael has made it her purpose in life to rid the world of those she sees as unfit to live in it, so as to usher in a new, better world for all. Her targets tend to be those who she sees as selfish, whether they horde resources for themselves, steal from others or just do not contribute in any meaningful way to the betterment of society. Able to become intangible, she can get past any locked door that may stand in her way.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Luis Deacon was born with the ability to psychokinetically manipulate the energy within objects, for example he could transfer the heat energy in a hot pan to kinetic energy, causing the pan to immediately cool and fly away. This would often have an unfortunate side-effect if Deacon was not paying attention to the type of energy he was transfering, things invariably ended up exploding or just bursting into flames. This has come back to haunt him in the past. A frequent victim of what could most charitably be described as bullying (and what could less charitably be described as racist abuse) throughout his childhood, Deacon was involved in an incident that led to both the discovery of his powers and the hospitalisation of three of his bullies. Unfortunately, this made things worse. Now with pretty much his entire town knowing about his powers and what he did, he became ostracized and the victim of greater abuse, even into his adulthood. This eventually culminated in a confrontation with some highly drunken frat kids who were trying to run him out of town. The situation quickly got violent and, without thinking, Deacon used his powers to defend himself. He was later charged with voluntary manslaughter and sentanced to prison. However, during his time inside he was approached by a representative of W.I.L.D, enquiring as to whether Deacon would prefer to spend his time in a superhuman rehabilitation program and put his powers to good use as a member of W.I.L.D’s A Division, the frontline response team for threats against humanity. Deacon accepted the offer, reasoning that helping save other peoples lives would help pay the debt of the live he took better than being in prison would. He has been taken under the tutelage of The Titan, another energy manipulating superhuman with years worth of expertise in the field of superheroics.
    NOTE: Never really liked the power set I gave Blackstar (ever actually, his powers have changed every time I’ve redesigned him) and I wasn’t too happy with how he looked in the previous A Division design, especially facially. So I redesigned him and, because I didn’t redesign his civilian costume, you can’t actually see his face… oh well, I like it better now even if you can’t see it properly. Hopefully now he’s a bit more interesting, what with the revamped backstory and costume tweeks, other than Mr. Mass and Prodigy (both of whom I’m will probably redesign as well), he was the member of A Division I put the least effort into the first time round and it shows.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for a better name for him. Blackstar made sense back when his powers involved just heat conversion (in the same way that it made sense for DC and Marvel to have superheroes called Black Lightning and Black Goliath) but he’s powers have changed a bit and I’d kinda like to move away from the racial-esque name, but I can’t think of what to call him, so any idea would be welcome.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

I also like the Other. Plain/simple is not necessarily a bad thing. For Blackstar’s name, maybe something like Transformer or Transducer? Going with the idea of conservation of energy, maybe something like Enthalpy?

JR19759
    Keymaster

A highly advanced artificial intelligence originally designed to come up with solutions to humanity’s greatest problems, such as war, poverty, climate change and intolerance. Unfortunately, the program was hijacked by a white supremecist organisation called The Golden Cross, who overwrote the AI for their own ends. The plug was pulled on the project when the infilration was discovered, but by that time the group had already copied and transfered the AI. Now hidden behind the pseudonym of Arnold Irvine, the AI aids The Golden Cross plot their facist world domination plans.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

One of the Eldar, The Guide has the power over a particular fundimental aspect of the universe, much like his siblings, in this case; time. The Guide doesn’t experiance time in a linear fashion, or at least in the same linear fashion as we do, that much is obvious. How he does experiance it is somewhat unclear however, he appears randomly and his knowledge of events is often scattershot at best. He may sometime have knowledge of past events, sometimes not. Often he will know of things to come, but other times he will not, as if his own timeline is seperate from our timeline and intersects at random points without consideration for causalility nor continuity. One fact that we do know is that, at some point, The Guide dies. When that happens is unclear but The Guide has confirmed that the “Ruby Of The Gods” that lays in the Temple Of Amul-Zatl is in fact his own Heartcore. The book he carries is the subject of much debate amongst those who study the Eldar. Some say it contains information on every event that has and ever will happen, others say that the book acts as a portal in time, much as The Other’s core acts as a portal in space, and there is one school that believes the book contains nothing. The Guide never shares the contents of his book, so the secret will remain a mystery until the day that The Guide inevitably dies, unless that day has already happened.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Often known by his title of Lord Dhampyr, Andras is the leader of the largest vampire settlement in America. Over 500 years old, Andras was forced to flee his homeland of (what would later become) Romania due to the Ottoman invasion and would spend the next few centuries travelling across Europe “recruiting” followers, before making his way to the new world. It is unclear how Andras became a vampire, but what little is known of his family tree does tie him to the Wallachian nobility, thus making him a relitive (though how close is not clear) of Vlad III, also known as Vlad Dracula, the man widely believed to be the first of the European vampires (and if not that then certainly the most powerful of them). Of course, as would be expected of such a powerful supernatural force, Andras has come into conflict many times with the S.R.C and is high on their list of temporal threats.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

At first glance, The Golden Cross group is a conservative charitable foundation, an organisation funded by well off donors to give money to traditionalist causes (gun advocacy, migration control research and health-care research, to name just a few). The Golden Cross also finance their own superhero; Christian Adamson, aka White Hope (left), who can often be found dispelling riots and crowd controlling protest marches, as well as a few notable face-off with some established villains (he has taken down Polar Bear before and did once fight Ultra-Man to a draw).

However, all of The Golden Cross’ charity work is a facade, a front to conceal their true goals. Founded by Richard North-Spencer (right), The Golden Cross is actually a fascist group, whose primary aim is to create a white ethnostate. A not unsizable amount of their donations go towards funding fascist terrorism and other far/ alt-right groups. Though the groups political ideology is not a secret amongst the superhuman community (The Golden Cross often find themselves in opposition to P.R.I.D.E (as one might expect) and Team Supreme, White Hope has even found himself at odds with A Division before), very little substantial evidence has been gathered to incriminate the organisation and they are often bailed out by their more high powered, influential donors. Whether these donors are fully aware of the two sides to the opporation is unclear, it is doubtless that some do, but the group seem very gifted at decieving even the most well intentioned of conservatives into supporting them, they even have some supporters who identify as centerists.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster
    Whilst Omnion himself may be one of (if not) the most powerful beings in the entire universe, he tends not to do much of the dirty work his plan requires. For that he has his Disciples, his five most trusted followers who lead his army of Revenenant cyborgs. Though none are quite as strong as their master, individually they are each powerful enough to beat any of Earths heroes.
    Wyren: An artificially created beast, created to be a gladiatorial fighter on the galactic outskirt planet of Hnyra. Wyren was exceptionally good at his role, his hulking size and brute strength hide a surprisingly amount of agility and intelligence. However, as a star fighter (an undefeated one at that) he was a huge draw and, as such, was encouraged to be more and more violent in his bouts, often by torture, his rage at his captors being unleashed on his opponants in the arena. When Omnion razed Hnyra, he took Wyren in, recognising the beasts potential as a living weapon. For Wyren, Omnion was one of the few beings to have ever shown him a scrap of kindness, therefore he follows him without question.
    Azgul: A scientist from a race called the Optiriens, that have long since given up their flesh forms, now reduced to eye balls with humanoid robotic bodies, Azgul’s primary motivation is to study life. He is intrigued by life’s ability to adapt and change in the face of adversity. To these ends he has alligned himself with Omnion, the Svetalen is something that life has to adapt to. Originally, Omnion did not trust the Optirien, however Azgul proved himself to be a more than willing participant in Omnions designs, becoming more and more involved with the genetic experimentation, even being the principle designer of the Revenants.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Omnion’s Disciples cont.

Malaki: Omnion’s son, Malaki is his father’s most trusted follower, his second in command, his favourite. Malaki has a curious ability, one that has proven very useful to his father (and to himself) in the past; his words are like a toxin. When Malaki speaks, what he says seeps into a listerners mind and poisons their thoughts. He can convince anyone of anything, he could tell you the sky was red and it would be, you would not just believe him, it would be the truth to you. His power goes beyond mind control, he can almost rewrite a persons thoughts, make their friends into mortal enemies just with a turn of phrase.

Illandra: Omnion’s daughter and Malaki’s sister, Illandra is less favoured than her brother, but she makes up for it in her sheer brutality in service to her father. A fearsome fighter even amongst Omnion’s forces, she went a step further than her brother and volunteered to be experimented on by her father, reulting in her extra cybernetic arms and scorpion-esque tail. She prides herself on never failing her father and her body count far exceeds any of the other Disciples.

Mortuus: The leader of the Revenants, Omnion’s General. Mortuus was created to be the perfect killing machine, in service to Omnion’s grand plan. Powered by the spirit of a primordial being bound inside an energy core, Mortuus is the most powerful of the Disciples, but he is completely subserviant to his master, as his programing compels him to be. Mortuus retains a network link to all other Revenants, allowing him to instantly relay battle plans and orders even if he is on another planet. However, the network isn’t infallible, the link can be broken if a Revenant is damaged in specific ways. Also using the network can leave Mortuus vulnerable in combat situations upon access, if only for a brief second, so he tends not to use the network when he is in direct combat.

Attachments:

I love Azgul! Such a cool concept. I’ve been looking through your creations, a lot of it has inspired me:)

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Ubiquitous Pixel- Thanks dude. Even back when I posted the original design (like 4 years ago) people seem to love how Azgul looks, so I guess that’s a win.

Anyway….

Omnion: “If I could have it any other way, I would. If I could go back, do you not think I would take that option. But I cannot. My purpose is too important. When I gained these… incredible powers, I not only lost my sight, but I lost my love as well. Hundreds of my people, many of whom were close friends, died that day. Yet I survived. Not only was I granted these powers, but I also glimpsed the future and what I saw, it terrified me. An intergalactic war without end, one which ravaged every world, every system it touched, blotting out entire stars in a quest of mutual annihilation. That war has already begun. Somewhere, out in the stars, the fighting has already started. But I saw that there was a way that I could stop it, a way to end the war before it consumes all life, even a way to prevent further future wars. I needed the power of the Eldar. With that ower I can make the universe into a place without war, without suffering, without hate and without greed.”
    The Titan: “So that’s how you justify killing billions of living beings? By saying that you’re doing it to bring peace?”
    Omnion: “The Eldar thrive off of life itself. To draw them out into the open requires the lose of life on a large scale. Sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.”
    Andromeda: “What gives you the right to decide that all those lives a worth the sacrifice.”
    Omnion: “Most would have died in the war anyway. Would you sacrifice a small number of lives to save a greater number? If you were to choose to save an entire city over saving the lives of a handful of people, how does that make you any better than me? Lives were still lost, but more lives were saved. And with the power of the Eldar, I can ensure that no lives are lost to pointless, meaningless wars ever again. Look at your own planet, so divided. You people look for reasons to kill each other all the time.  But what if that were to change, to be changed, by force if necessary. If every being in the galaxy could forsake fighting to live in peace. That is my goal.”
    Paragon: “No man should ever have the power to decide what another thinks, no matter how noble the intention. Let alone a geneocidal monster like you.”

Omnion: “Then we shall fight. With the fate of the universe at stake. Peace against War, Order against Chaos. I shall not lose.”

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.