JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

One of the first Outcasts to join The Watchman’s sanctuary, Danielle may look harmless enough, but she has more reason than most to want to keep away from the outside world. Born with a very unfortunate superpower, her right hand absorbs the life force of any living thing she touches. Whilst her left hand does return the taken life force, the return is much slower than the absorption and isn’t always guaranteed to heal the full damage done. Knowing that a simple touch from her hand could be enough to kill anyone she cared about, Danielle ran away from her previous life and found a new one amongst the Outcasts, amongst people who would have some understanding of her struggle.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Once a famous superhero back before the explosion in the superhuman population, Carl Barrett utilised a mystical lantern that allows him to control light and to teleport through beams of light to become The Watchman. However, his superhero career was cut short when he was blinded by his archnemesis, Nightstalker. Unable to fully control the power of the lantern without his sight, Barrett was forced to retire. However, he was unable to fully settle back into civilian life and set about trying to find a protogee, whom he could mentor and mold into the next great superhero. And it was during this period that Barrett came across some of the less fortunate members of the superhuman community, those with abilities that made them abnormal or dangerous in society. Meeting these people changed Barretts outlook on his mission and he became dedicated to assisting these outcasts, setting up the Hideaway as a place to protect them from society (and in some cases society from them).

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Like most of the “Outcasts” in The Watchman’s Hideaway, Thomas Nailer has not had an easy life so far. His mother died when he was very young and his father was a violently abusive drunk. It took a while for his superhuman nature to show, and even when it did it wasn’t the easiest thing. Able to summon and psychically communicate with an otherworldly humanoid creature, when this ability first maifested its self, Tommy (to put it mildly) freaked out. However, when it bacame apparent that the creature would not harm him, Tommy began to become comfortable around it, eventually deciding to give it a name befitting of its intimidating look. He settled on Deathclaw (he was 11 at the time). And then Deathclaw started to cause problems. Specifically for people who caused Tommy problems. This all came to a head when Tommy’s father, back home after a night of heavy drinking, decided to endulge in his favourite non-alcohol related past-time, child abuse. Deathclaw manifested in the middle of the scuffle and in the confusion, Tommy was thrown down the stairs by his father, taking an awkward landing and heavily damaging his spine. Suffice to say Daddy ended up in much, much worse condition. Deathclaw (with Tommy’s guidance) managed to get the boy to a nearby hospital, although the staff where unsure of how to deal with the giant rage monster. Fortunately they were able to opperate on Tommy once Deathclaw had dematerialised, but the damage had already been done. Tommy does have some use on his legs, but walking is agonising and he prefers to use a wheelchair. The incident left him very jaded and he dropped in and out of foster homes for the next 7-8 years, with Deathclaw becoming more and more dangerous the worse Tommy’s attitude became. Fortunately, during this time he was befreinded by another struggling superhuman, Danielle Radon, who introduced Tommy to Carl Barrett, The Watchman. Though sceptical at first, Tommy came to like Barrett, the first adult who Tommy felt didn’t look at him as purely a cripple who needs pity.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Born without any noticable superhuman powers, yet obviously not a normal human as evidenced by the large horns protruding from his head, Todd Rouge is one of the less volitile members of the community assembled within The Watchman’s Hideaway. Due to his unusual appearance Rouge has been the subject of much torment throughout his life, he still bears the scars of numerous violent encounters. Though rather deadpan and cynical about the outside world, he is decievingly gentle character, a fact somewhat hidden by his large stature and fearsome exterior. He is one of the people that all of the Outcasts appear to like and one of the voices of reason amongst the usual chaos and madness that occurs within the Hideaway.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Born many, many years in the future, Nicole Hargrave was a Lecturer in Pre-Colonial Latin American History at the University of Houston and part of an expedition to South America to excavate what was believed to be the Temple of Amul-Zatl, colloquially known as “The Ruby Of The Gods”. During the dig the team discovered many artifacts of great value and cultural significance, but it was at the deepest part of the temple that they found it; a red ruby the size of a fist, that glowed with an almost otherworldly energy. Retrieving the ruby, it was assigned to Hargrave for identification an cataloguing. However, the ruby seemed to have a strange effect over many members of the team and a number of her colleague tried to steal it, in increasingly desperate and violent ways, culminating in one (Doctor William Claue) damaging the ruby whilst attempting to murder Hargrave and take the ruby. Upon being damaged, the ruby let out a burst of light that engulfed both Hargrave and her assailant, knocing them both unconciouss. When she came to, Hargrave was not where she remembered being. She woke up in our present day, thousands of miles away from where she was, with no idea what had happened. Now with the ruby fused to her chest and with the strange new ability to control the flow of time, she must learn how to survive in this more primative time and learn more about the ruby, should she ever hope to return home.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Very cool!  Great bio!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@ams- Cheers dude.

Once a respected archeologist, an unfortunate fate befell Doctor William Claue upon an expedition to South America. Driven mad by the mystical power of “The Ruby Of The Gods”, Claue tried to steal the gem and kill his colleague, but instead damaged the artifact, sending both hurtling back through time to our present day. Badly wounded by the incident, Claue fashioned himself a prosthetic left arm, tipped with lethal claws designed to tear the ruby from its current resting place, the chest of his former colleague, Nicole Hargrave.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster
    So, hey guys. No new heromachinings from me as of yet, but that doesn’t mean there’s not new stuff:
    So I commissioned a few things from my friend Cat. As I’m sure everyone can tell, these two are of my character Demon Girl in both her human and demon forms and, well, I think it turned out pretty darn good if you ask me. There’s one other commission that will be posted tomorrow, and that one is even more special IMO.

If you guys get a chance, you should check out Cat’s stuff both on her Tumblr: http://catiadraws.tumblr.com  and her website: https://www.catiamoreira.co.uk/, she’s a fantastic artist and she’s always looking for commissions, so if you’re interested she’s definately a person I’d recommend.

Attachments:

RobM
    Participant

You’re right, Cat’s stuff is terrific. The acting in her comics is really good and the storytelling is too.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@RobM: Cheers dude. I showed your comment to Cat earlier today, she’s sends her thanks and is glad you like her work.

Anyway, as promised, the other commission:

I mean, come on. If I was going to get any of my characters commissioned in full colour as a proper piece it was always going to be Lili and Danni. I’ve wanted to do a picture like this of these two for a long time, but could never quite get it to work, so I decided to get someone who can actually draw to do it instead and, if I do say so myself, it turned out amazingly.
    Oh yeah, and Lili’s hair has changed a fair bit, plus her tattoos now have crept up to her neck. The references I sent Cat for this piece were new updates on the characters that I haven’t posted yet. I’ll probably get round to doing that at some point.
    I’ve also included an earlier version down below, from before Cat had started on Lili’s tattoos, because I think it looks just as good either way.
    Oh and as it’s kinda topical (and considering the theme of the picture) Happy Pride Month everyone.
    Plus, requisite plug of friends gallery pages, where you can find commission info and further amazing art: http://catiadraws.tumblr.com
    Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Ooooooooh! Pretty art! 🙂

*Stares longingly at art*

…….I’ll leave eventually.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Coming out of my longtime lurkdom to say I LOVE the Lilli and Dani piece. Wow!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Left to Right:
    Shift: Kyle Harper (Teleportation)
    Owl: William Barrett (High Intelligence, Technical Proficiancy)
    Sky Maiden: Amy Skye (Flight) Team Leader
    Barricade: Serena Stamford (Force Field Generation)
    Turbo Girl: Katherine Collins (Kinetic Absorption/ Release- Manifests as Super Speed/ Strength)
    Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster
    Name: Steven Clarke
    Alias: Paragon
    Bio: Growing up as a small town farm boy, Steve Clarke’s life was changed forever when a spacecraft crash landed on his family’s land, just a few feet away from him, when he was just 6. Instead of being vaporized, Clarke was endowed with fantastic powers. These powers were further augmented when he volunteered to under-go a top secret army procedure, which saw him doused with an experimental serum that boosted his powers a hundred-fold. Clarke now goes by the name Paragon, and is quite possibly the strongest superhuman on Earth. However, despite his immense power, Clarke rarely ever uses them, prefering to find non-violent solutions to problems.
    Abilities:
    All-Power- Super-Strength (Limitless)
                     Super Speed (At least Mach 4, possibly higher)
                     Flight (Simular air speed to land speed)
                     Super Reflexes
                     Laser Vision
                     Heat/ Frost Breath
                     Superhuman Accuracy
                     Genius Level Tactical Skill
                     Impenetrable Skin
                     Superhuman Healing Factor (cannot become ill and barely even needs to sleep)
                     Able to survive without Oxygen, food or water almost indefinately
                     Resistant to effects of extreme pressure variation
                     Involuntary weather control (weather changes within a mile radius according to his mood)
    Inspiration- Being near Clarke amplifies the positive in a person and weakens the negative according to Clarkes own moral code.

Unity- Any person within a 200m radius of Clarke has their physical attributes (and powers in the case of superhumans) amplified if they are under the effect of his Inspiration ability. Clarke can also share or even gift his power to anyone.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster
    Red Kite- Kate Quinn
    Powers: Super Strength (2-3x Normal Human Maximum), Enhanced Reflexes/ Agility, Superhuman Endurance, Superhuman Senses, Retractable “Talons” on hands and feet.

Gaining superpowers after having her drink spiked with an experimental performance enhancing drug, Kate Quinn became the Superhero Red Kite as an homage to her idols, Queen Eagle and King Hawk.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.