JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Vengeance
    Participant

very good back stories

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vengeance- Cheers

Anyway, something different now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vengeance
    Participant

Creepy cool I see it as being under the water and just being able to see that gaping maw coming at me..

Trekkie
    Participant

Very creepy! I like it

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Vengeance- Yup, that’s the point. It is called Leviathan after all.

@Trekkie- Cheers.

Anyway, decided to throw something together for the CDC. As expected, not entirely happy with it, but only one person has entered so far and I think people might have forgotten about the contest, so might as well enter and see if I can get some life in it (especially as I suggested the theme after a conversation with Herr D on the last page of this thread).

Attachments:

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

That’s so awesome! I would never have thought to try and create that effect. Superb.

I’m still getting to grips with the forums, formatting, and some of the design tutorials, but I’m definitely up for joining in with contests, etc. as soon as I’m up to speed. 🙂

Anarchangel
    Participant

I’d buy that album.

Really nice work. 🙂

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Mr. Vaudeville & @Anarchangel – Cheers guys.

Anyway, actually done a thing for the first time in a month. TBH, this would have been finished a good while ago, but I was testing out some new techniques with the hair, eyebrows and shading, specifically on the hands, all of which was very long-winded and none of which actually worked, so I had to do half of it again. Still, probably gonna try those ideas again, because if I can get them to work it could look really cool.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

So, you know how I said in my last picture that I was going to try some new techniques for hair, well I did it. I also tried some new ideas with eyes as well (each eye is around 10 layers to give you an idea). And I did try mixing in some cell shaded style shading in, which you can see quite well on the face, but is also on the arms and torso if you look close enough. Overall, this one took about 8-10 hours overall. I was going to do a background, but it didn’t work so I scrapped it.

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

The shading definitely turned out well overall. The hair definitely has some texture to it. And I like the detail in the eyes as well

ams
    Participant

Happy New Year and all the best!  Thanks for everything you do for the ‘machine!

Cheers!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Personally I’ve found that multi-layered eyes go a long way on making up for not being as good at the rest of the face. Good stuff, man. ‘Hey There’ reminds me of why I agreed to contort and puppeteer a fake perambulator. We didn’t film any of the results, but I got great views through the periscope before having the purple tentacles show out of the diaper . . .

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Nice posing! Is it just me or is Lili’s floral sleeve spreading?

JR19759
    Keymaster

@HerrD- Um… yeah, I guess??? (IDK)

@DiCicatriz- Well, they are flowers, so they’re growing right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.